Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Place your bets: who's winning Tekken?
This poll is closed.
Knee 16 6.87%
Knee 17 7.30%
Knee 19 8.15%
LowHigh 11 4.72%
JDCR 11 4.72%
Saint 10 4.29%
LilMajin 17 7.30%
Arslan Ash 19 8.15%
Aris 22 9.44%
Qudans 21 9.01%
Jimmy Tran 13 5.58%
Super Akouma 13 5.58%
Chanel 12 5.15%
Panda 32 13.73%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:siren: Winners :siren:

UNIST: Clearlamp_o

SamSho: ShinAkuma666

SoulCalibur: Yuttoto

DBFZ: GO1

MK11: SonicFox

BBTag: Shinku

SFV: Bonchan

Tekken 7: Arslan Ash

Smashu: MKLeo
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1158244589888626688

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbOAUPS8EI

It's that time of the year where we spend three days watching the best of the best playing the greatest fighting games and SFV! Join us now, starting this friday.

Main Games List
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate (3492 entrants)
  • Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (1929 entrants)
  • Tekken 7 (1885 entrants)
  • Samurai Shodown (1719 entrants)
  • Mortal Kombat 11 (1567 entrants)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ (1191 entrants)
  • Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st] (1156 entrants)
  • SoulCalibur VI (742 entrants)
  • BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (640 entrants)

Community Championships
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Vampire Savior
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • Catherine
  • Puyo Puyo Champions
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
  • BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • Million Arthur Arcana Blood
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Windjammers
  • Kill la Kill the Game: IF
  • ...and so many more!

I've never watched EVO before! What do I need to know??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzpCRSss4M

I hate forums! Where's the discord?
https://discord.gg/gPjv54c

I gotta know what happened in the past threads!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress infiltration and his hairplugs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/1156934859484356610

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Here for Tekken, Soulcalibur, and the Puyo.

Can't believe DBFZ is getting early Saturday top 8, there was so much hype for that game a year ago

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Doesn’t help that fights feel like a DBZ episode.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Shindragon posted:

Doesn’t help that fights feel like a DBZ episode.

That game is a clear case of when people get what they think they want but learn that what they wanted is actually bad. Like that time I got those sneakers with wheels in them.

Also

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 1, 2019

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I thought the Catherine scene was kneecapped after the whole transphobia thing in the rerelease and the main guy quit. What happened there? And why are there separate tournaments for the original and the rerelease?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Roluth posted:

I thought the Catherine scene was kneecapped after the whole transphobia thing in the rerelease and the main guy quit. What happened there?

Fairly sure the community just decided to stick with the older game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Watch this documentary to get hype for one of the major Evo storylines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htNtpBblO_s

Edit: me and almost any anime fighting game

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 1, 2019

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to watch Tekken, SC6, BlazBlue, and accomplish nothing else this weekend.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Wait, Infiltration is gonna be competing? Why? Why is he not banned? gently caress that guy.

[edit] I will be eating pizza this weekend while watching muh videogame fightmans. It's been like 6 months since I've had a legit slice.

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 1, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he got a 1 year kinda ban for beating up and threatening to kill his wife multiple times. buts its cool now i guess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

teagone posted:

Wait, Infiltration is gonna be competing? Why? Why is he not banned?

He's banned from Capcom's tournaments, and since that ban wasn't extended by the likes of Mr Wizard, he will be competing in SamSho.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Mr. Wizard directly told him he was glad he was coming. Whole lot of top players happy to see him back too. It's pretty disheartening, especially the amount of "It's just a bruised wrist" style comments.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Saoshyant posted:

He's banned from Capcom's tournaments, and since that ban wasn't extended by the likes of Mr Wizard, he will be competing in SamSho.

Wow. gently caress Mr Wizard too then.

[edit]

HerniaFlange posted:

Mr. Wizard directly told him he was glad he was coming. Whole lot of top players happy to see him back too. It's pretty disheartening, especially the amount of "It's just a bruised wrist" style comments.

Gross. gently caress all those people too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 1, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

HerniaFlange posted:

Jesus christ

I hope he gets booed off the stage

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

At my town's airport heading to Evo for the second time ever. Bummed but not surprised that Ono won't be showing up this year. It's going to be the gf's first time going. Hoping this trip will be awesome. And gently caress Infil, we will be booing him.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 1, 2019

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It was pretty disgusting watching UltraChen's pre-show analysis and seeing unironic "Get hype for Infil" and "infil redemption story!" in the chat which is a good reminder to make sure you turn chat off on these streams cause there's gonna be a lot of dumb poo poo there and you don't need that in your life!

I just love fighting games so I'm gonna be watching as much as possible while telling myself next year, next year is the year I'm finally gonna go to Evo...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope infiltration doesn't make it out of pools and I never hear a single thing about that piece of poo poo ever again.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr E posted:

I hope infiltration doesn't make it out of pools and I never hear a single thing about that piece of poo poo ever again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mr E posted:

also that his hair plugs fall out

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

In for samsho, t7, and REV2.

New GG please arcsys.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Here's the acekingoffsuit version of the main evo schedule just so no one has to look up their timezone stuff.

I see a Top 4 for ST on the schedule but will there be a stream of the matches beforehand? Also, any CvS2 or 3S streams?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh the AnimEVO schedule is in the OP too.

No "Waifu Debate" event this year, I see

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I find it hard to believe that 4 trailers, blurbs, and full movelists were ~accidently leaked~

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taking bets on how many tournament winners will be harassed into giving up any prizes they win, this year.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you play FGs on pc, steam is having a weekend deal with a lot of the games on discount.

That's not all! Some of the games are also free to play this weekend! So far, it seems like DRAGON BALL FighterZ, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st], Koihime Enbu, and Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! are the free to play titles available.

Might finally give Unist a try!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jesus christ

I hope he gets booed off the stage
What are the odds of a fight breaking out in his midst this year?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

If you play FGs on pc, steam is having a weekend deal with a lot of the games on discount.

That's not all! Some of the games are also free to play this weekend! So far, it seems like DRAGON BALL FighterZ, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st], Koihime Enbu, and Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! are the free to play titles available.

thats really cool went f2p this weekend

like, thats prolly the smartest idea ive heard in a long time

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry to spam the thread further but I also wanted to say that Melty Blood and even Puyo Puyo Championships are not only on a discount but free to play this weekend as well!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Tekken 7 is also coming to PSNow this month. I originally thought it was going to be the free game for PS Plus in Aug, but I don't think so.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you should buy it instead

they put geese howard in it which makes a game p. much instant buy

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, there's a Umineko tourney? Wow, I only found out today, nice.

Ryuga Death posted:

Ryuga Death posted:

Sorry to spam the thread further but I also wanted to say that Melty Blood and even Puyo Puyo Championships are not only on a discount but free to play this weekend as well!

Thank you for these, time to play puyo and get wrecked. Again.

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 1, 2019

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Tekken is Good, confirmed. I don't play it much, but it feels real good to play and even to just press buttons in. Well balanced too (just look up Panda/Kuma. You'll find the video real quick).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive never gotten into tekken really before 7 and its good and worth the money and has cool music

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMWBKipnzc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there any chance that Ono's "I have been betrayed and will not be at Evo" is a big psych-out and there will be an even greater reveal after the SFV finals

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It would be a really weird ploy if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there any chance that Ono's "I have been betrayed and will not be at Evo" is a big psych-out and there will be an even greater reveal after the SFV finals

0% Chance it's a psych out.

Ono is no longer head of division 2 so any new fighting game announcement will be under Ryozo Tsujimoto. This was Ono's last hurrah for the franchise and it got beefed.