Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Place your bets: who's winning Tekken?
This poll is closed.
Knee 16 6.87%
Knee 17 7.30%
Knee 19 8.15%
LowHigh 11 4.72%
JDCR 11 4.72%
Saint 10 4.29%
LilMajin 17 7.30%
Arslan Ash 19 8.15%
Aris 22 9.44%
Qudans 21 9.01%
Jimmy Tran 13 5.58%
Super Akouma 13 5.58%
Chanel 12 5.15%
Panda 32 13.73%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

No Smash announcements?

nah they just released a character the day before evo. Banjo aint coming out until like October at the earliest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

He didn't cry last year either fwiw

Leo is a mad man. I don't care that he's the best player, I am glad that he won.

Smash top 8 took 2.5-3 hours. I don't know what other games did, but that seems long.

I just bought 100 dollars of fighting games I'll never play because I am bad. Good Evo as always. Wish it were longer, but alas. Had fun fellas and lady fellas

Even BBtag took over 2 hours with 20 second matches because Evo is eSports + choice + epic.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

There it is!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

We're freeeeeee

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

We're free now

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
oh thank god

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
yaaaaay

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
WE ARE FREE NOW

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I am sad now

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

time for mexico to get their revenge on pasty white boys

Shammypants posted:

Well this went from good to boring fast

Afte listening to the commentators shamelessly and endlessly fellating Tweek, I made sure to enjoy their voices getting a little quiet, worried and sad as the tables turned. I only wish we could have heard all the USA! USA! chants from the crowd slowly dying down too.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Det_no posted:

Afte listening to the commentators shamelessly and endlessly fellating Tweek, I made sure to enjoy their voices getting a little quiet, worried and sad as the tables turned. I only wish we could have heard all the USA! USA! chants from the crowd slowly dying down too.
Lol what

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Det_no posted:

I mean if they were cheering for Tweek its because the dude has a reputation for choking in the Grand Finals of Super Majors and nobody likes to see that happen, but no go off I guess?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Macksy posted:

I am sad now

same 😢

see y'all next year buds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

See you all in two weeks when the next TWT event happens.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I mean if they were cheering for Tweek its because the dude has a reputation for choking in the Grand Finals of Super Majors and nobody likes to see that happen, but no go off I guess?
It was funny to see them try and make of a horse race out of a man being murdered before a live audience.

Tweek’s gonna find a way. Tweek will turn it around. Tweek... :ohdear:

I do feel bad for him though, letting victory evade you like that has gotta suck.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Det_no posted:

lol, the commentators where bad. The part where she was proyecting how guys ugly guys hit on her in the middle of the match was the most :psyduck: moment this whole evo

Why did they start criticizing the french guys shirt? Was it because of the donkey patch?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah Vikkikitty and D1 yesterday were waaaay better announcers I thought, and was disappointed to see they weren't also doing top 8.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

They had the D1 and the rest of the Black Plague (before anyone says anything, that's the name D1 came up with for them) doing in house commentary. Wish we could of gotten that to be honest, that's always a treat.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Smash ultimate is an incredible spectator sport. that top 8 was insane.

Tekken looks slow and bad but it was cool to see an unknown player from an unknown region show up and gently caress butts

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

Tekken looks slow and bad but it was cool to see an unknown player from an unknown region show up and gently caress butts

:chloe:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

*clears throat*

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Instant classic Evo right? FUUUUCK all around

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

They had the D1 and the rest of the Black Plague (before anyone says anything, that's the name D1 came up with for them) doing in house commentary. Wish we could of gotten that to be honest, that's always a treat.

They were the same guys doing commentary at Smash Ultimate Summit, yeah? I thought that was pretty fun to watch, even the after-tourney stuff.

I thought everything was fun to watch but the only game I'm good at is SSBU because it's the only fighting game I can convince my friends to play. Well, that and PPT.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually, smash isn't a-...you know what, hell, we all love it now. Smash isn't a fighting game, it's THE fighting game :cheers:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Actually, smash isn't a-...you know what, hell, we all love it now. Smash isn't a fighting game, it's THE fighting game :cheers:
This.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like any game that namco develops basically

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I own a fight stick that collects dust under my TV because none of my friends are into games where men hit other men. It gets some use around this time of year when I watch people who are far better than me during this weekend in the summer before it gets packed up again after a week or two. 😑

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Don't know what you want me to tell you, bro. You might just be too american to notice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbyrocket/status/1158247338277789696

https://mobile.twitter.com/TKhao_RBD/status/1158238103515074562

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToonKaneki/status/1158238982511190016

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlfredoPamina/status/1158240753514143744

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrRuiz31/status/1158243747488030720

It's common with competitive events. I'm not going to demand the venue burnt to the ground for these transgressions but going "Whaaaaat? Nooooo that doesn't happen..." is silly.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I'm not American, and you are also ignoring that despite being losers, MKLeo was the heavy favorite in that set for multiple reasons. You are making wild assumptions about a scene you don't really fully know it seems.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gay Horney posted:

Lmao

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Commentators can be biased, what a shocking and unexpected revelation some people have.

Also, nobody cares.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Det_no posted:

Don't know what you want me to tell you, bro. You might just be too american to notice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbyrocket/status/1158247338277789696

https://mobile.twitter.com/TKhao_RBD/status/1158238103515074562

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToonKaneki/status/1158238982511190016

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlfredoPamina/status/1158240753514143744

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrRuiz31/status/1158243747488030720

It's common with competitive events. I'm not going to demand the venue burnt to the ground for these transgressions but going "Whaaaaat? Nooooo that doesn't happen..." is silly.
You're insane bro.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I mean, the commentators were hype when it was looking like a real match then started to fade when it became more and more apparent that Tweek had just kinda fallen over dead at some point between games 3 and 4 of the first set and Leo was just beating on a propped-up corpse en route to his first place finish.

Like, I don't think anyone was under the impression the set just wasn't over after set 2, game 1, but they had to find a way to talk about that set for two more matches besides just 'Tweek's confidence has collapsed so hard it's formed a black hole that's sucked all the life out of his game.' Leo was the better player and deserved his win, but the way Tweek went out was ugly and made the rest of the set so hard to watch. Or commentate for.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Exile smash

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m from the border but I fell asleep before grand finals. I’ll take a listen and report back to the thread to see if it was bad or not

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I stopped watching after Tekken but what happened with the announcement arcsys said they were supposed to make at some point after bbtag

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wrist Watch posted:

I stopped watching after Tekken but what happened with the announcement arcsys said they were supposed to make at some point after bbtag

New GG coming in 2020.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DC Murderverse posted:

so all in all, EVO had tournament champions which included a Mexican, Pakistani, and gay furry.

Diversity, y'all

And a domestic abuse sur... inflictor. Domestic abuse inflictor.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

big nipples big life posted:

New GG coming in 2020.

Oh yeah I saw that but was so stunned at new GG I honestly forgot it was an arcsys joint. Thanks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How does a Snake-themed codec call to Harada even work as a joke

Was it supposed to be a dummy thicc meme or something