Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Place your bets: who's winning Tekken?
This poll is closed.
Knee 16 6.87%
Knee 17 7.30%
Knee 19 8.15%
LowHigh 11 4.72%
JDCR 11 4.72%
Saint 10 4.29%
LilMajin 17 7.30%
Arslan Ash 19 8.15%
Aris 22 9.44%
Qudans 21 9.01%
Jimmy Tran 13 5.58%
Super Akouma 13 5.58%
Chanel 12 5.15%
Panda 32 13.73%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Someone pointed out that it helps that groups are working specifically on getting visas for international players to compete, Arslan just partnered with Efightpass this year. Who knows how many people are god-tier but can't travel

https://twitter.com/eFightPass/status/1125254277704736768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone pointed out that it helps that groups are working specifically on getting visas for international players to compete, Arslan just partnered with Efightpass this year. Who knows how many people are god-tier but can't travel

https://twitter.com/eFightPass/status/1125254277704736768

Yeah, Zenith got to make it to EVO because he was on eFightpass. I still remember that we raised 5k to buy Keoma a ticket to EVO during the SF4 days and he got visa-blocked so we had to send him to Dreamhack.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
My favorite evo moment is street fighter's demotion

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know, I never thought about why it was called "Evo Moment 37", is there a list of them and has it been updated

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I never thought about why it was called "Evo Moment 37", is there a list of them and has it been updated

If you are being serious, that was just a random number when the video got uploaded.

Granted you can say Evo has alot of movements ever since but that one sticks out the most.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not a random number it's ripped from a Hype Tape that they would put out to share vids from Evo in the dark days before YouTube. There's other moments floating around but I couldn't find a full download of the original tape last I looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I thought I heard Seth Killian explain that there were no explicit Evo Moments #1-36, and it was called evo moment 37 to imply that moments as hype as the Daigo Parry were the sort of thing that happened often enough to describe it as just another one of many.