Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbfWXOPKFeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

emfive posted:

Have you gotten through Liquid Sky and Twitch Of The Death Nerve yet, or the original Suspiria?

Why would anybody make a new Suspiria? Makes no sense

Haven't even scratched the surface of Giallo but we went through some Takeshi Miike/Von Trier/Cronenberg body horror in college. Seems like the next logical step

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Haven't even scratched the surface of Giallo but we went through some Takeshi Miike/Von Trier/Cronenberg body horror in college. Seems like the next logical step

Twitch Of The Death Nerve (Bay Of Blood sometimes) has hands-down the best ending of any film in history, or at least the most cspam ending

e: I'm not a big Von Trier fan, I think he's a horrible person and while his films can be gripping upon reflection they're just documentation of abuse, but some people like them so whatever

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

emfive posted:

Twitch Of The Death Nerve (Bay Of Blood sometimes) has hands-down the best ending of any film in history, or at least the most cspam ending

The title alone is more than enough reason for me to watch it but now it's on the list for sure

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TRUMP

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

The title alone is more than enough reason for me to watch it but now it's on the list for sure

It was basically the source of the original Friday 13th, a total rip-off, but the Bava film is vastly superior. If you like that kind of thing.

e: and the ending is amazing, like you won't believe it can possibly be something you're really watching

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

no person should be illegal

however all humans should be killed

give us one more chance to do communism right

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

emfive posted:

Have you gotten through Liquid Sky and Twitch Of The Death Nerve yet, or the original Suspiria?

Why would anybody make a new Suspiria? Makes no sense

The original susperia was great and definitely didn’t need to be remade. Instead of remakes I’d rather have movies be remastered with extras and cool packaging.

Edit: I like title track Thom Yorke did for the remake’s soundtrack though

Scary! has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Sep 1, 2019

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

last chance

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Scary! posted:

The original susperia was great and definitely didn’t need to be remade. Instead of remakes I’d rather have movies be remastered with extras and cool packaging.

He originally wanted to have all the characters be like 12 year old girls but people told him that that probably wouldn't be OK, so they did stuff like make all the doorknobs be way high up on the doors.

e: also post/username combo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Scary! posted:

That said Tilda Swinton should be in everything, preferably twice

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
lol I voted for Clinton in 2016 but it's 2019 now and all I want is to put like just tons of people up against the wall

THS
Sep 15, 2017

whats your favorite hting about america

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Also Suspiria was one of the last movies filmed in Technicolor

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

okay but if you gently caress it up this time it's the robots turn

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

THS posted:

Americans make really good french fries

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

donald john trump

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

Bernie (no middle name) Sanders

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

korma policxe

digest this lamb

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

That said Tilda Swinton should be in everything, preferably twice

oh also totally include Warhol's "Dracula", it's absolutely fantastic

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

emfive posted:

Americans make really good french fries

:hai:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i love:

arbys sandwich
big truck
strip mall
judge mathis

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

i love:

arbys sandwich
big truck
strip mall
judge mathis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBit6ckrOwk

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Addamere posted:

its really hard for people to say no to bosses for some reason

its like we are indoctrinated in our youths to always agree with authority

I have this concept in the back of my head formulated as a kid who played video games all day that my boss has a like a combo meter for my job and every time you do something good it fills up and if you gently caress up it decreases. If it gets filled up all the way you get a raise/promotion and if it gets to 0 get fired.

In reality they’ll fire you the minute it’s convenient and the promotion is gonna go to some upper management tool’s nephew

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

emfive posted:

e: also post/username combo

I’m a huge horror fan, I could talk about it endlessly but I don’t like to bore people lol

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Twitch of the Death Nerve is maybe Bava's like, 5th best film though. Watch Blood and Black Lace.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

THS posted:

the forums i guess

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

Poniard posted:

the forums i guess

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

THS posted:

i love:

arbys sandwich
big truck
strip mall
judge mathis

chou en lai
bridge over river kwai

we didnt start rgw fire

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

giallo is basically midsomer murders but good

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

emfive posted:

Also Suspiria was one of the last movies filmed in Technicolor

:wrong:

printed in Technicolor*

*until it was briefly revived between 1998-2002

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

Twitch of the Death Nerve is maybe Bava's like, 5th best film though. Watch Blood and Black Lace.

I like "Lisa And The Devil" a lot because it's insane

also Kill, Baby, Kill

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

giallo is basically midsomer murders but good

are tou fuckib bacmoithin midsinet murderz

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

:wrong:

printed in Technicolor*

*until it was briefly revived between 1998-2002

:goonsay:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i love

craft beer
supermarket sushi
medical bankruptcy
juul
amazon prime

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

emfive posted:

I like "Lisa And The Devil" a lot because it's insane

also Kill, Baby, Kill

Yea Kill, Baby Kill is definitely better than Twitch of the Death Nerve. Also Planet of the Vampires and Black Sunday.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm watching battlefield earth right now lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Scary! posted:

I’m the joker, baby

I'm a smoker

I'm a midnight toker

punchymcpunch