Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Digging the new track and the two on Youtube that have been cleaned up pretty well from concert footage.

Getting the CD is becoming a real chore though.

Ordered from Amazon UK when price was £77 ($45 in US), it said the CD would be delivered release day).

Since then the price has changed to £79.99 and is now an Amazon EU purchase, that will be delivered on September 4th.

No-one at Amazon has a clue what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

It's grown on me with multiple listens. It doesn't feel that long anymore.

Descending and Invincible are definitely better though and can't wait to see how they sound recorded.

Anyone know where you'll be able to buy lossless files on the day of release?

Someone on another forum said they bought FI in .flac from Tidal, but I can't find any way of doing that on their site.

The CD is going to be at least September 3rd here.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Not sure how you can battle 13 years of anticipation and speculation and still come out on top, but this album is fantastic.

It's like Ænima and Lateralus had a sweet baby with some modular synthesis thrown in. I was prepared to be disappointed, but it's great.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Lester Shy posted:

Is it just me, or is there really bad clipping around 7:00-8:00 in Invincible?

There is clipping in quite a few places, it exists on most of the standard released stuff, but is not present on the 24Bit/96khz release.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

doppler posted:

I wish this was true. One file is the 24/96 version from HDTracks, the other is the CD release.

I tried to get that program to work, but it just crashes when I hit detailed analysis.

I thought clipping was more than one consecutive sample at maximum? There doesn't appear to be any max samples in here.

Or does the clipping occur before when mixing? (it looks like there is some peaks that might have been higher, but have been rounded off to stay below 1).

Trying to visualize what people are talking about because it sounds good on all my stuff.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Still digging FI, Pneuma->Invincible->Descending especially.

Just got tickets for a UK arena show, floor seats in the block immediately in front of stage were £110, it's been so long since I've been to a gig I've no idea if that's crazy or not.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

The posters are pricey but if you have buyers remorse you can probably flip it for $500 or more. Pre pandemic a guy I know was waiting all day to buy 10 each at a bunch of shows and flipping them for $800-$1000 each the same day.He would have two tickets to each gig so he could take the bounty out to his car and go back in to see the gig. Poster collector types have gone a bit insane in the last couple of years.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

I checked the Boston poster mentioned above, sold prices on the US were $500 and up. The signed one that sold was over $1000.

I found a bunch of Clutch posters I had bought years ago that were still in the tubes, rare now apparently, sold them and made enough to get a whole new entertainment setup.

Little weird collector niches are all over the place now.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Listerine posted:

Where did you sell? I've got a bunch of poo poo from the 90s that I might be able to move.

There was a group I joined on Facebook, Clutch Poster Collectors, to post some photos of some stuff I had framed, and mentioned I had some duplicates and other stuff, people started contacting me. There will be similar groups for different groups I'd expect.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

Night Danger Moose posted:

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely keeping it as an important souvenir, probably get it dry mounted and put on the wall. I just wanted to make sure the credit card charge was accurate. No wonder the person in front of me looked like they were buying 10 of em.

It looks like it will be sweet framed!

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

massive spider posted:

Listening to FI again I refuse to believe they couldn’t have found anything better than those dogshit samples at the intro of the track.

Pretty sure it was an homage to a king crimson track, can't remember which though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007

If anyone wants to be my guest to the show in Manchester a week today, let me know.

Ticket is in a good section and paid for, the owner can't make it. Downside is you'll have to sit next to me.

TM won't let me transfer it so we'll have to meet beforehand, maybe get a beer or something.

Just read the review for the Copenhagen show and I'm psyched, last time I saw them was at the Apollo in 2007.