Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Somebody trained a songwriting neural net using only the last 2 Tool albums, and this new one will be the result.

This is basically how the new song sounds. Which isn't terrible. It's a good song, but not blowing me away like Aenima does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ænima is unlistenable as a full album because of all the stupid-rear end multi-minute interludes.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

The circus music intermission before H is awesome what the gently caress.

Jimmy? Yeah that gets a pass. Die Eier Von Satan is funny but I always skip it. Having an interlude between almost every song is lame.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Didn't Metallica do this x100 on Death Magnetic? That poo poo sounded awful and I don't normally have an ear for this kind of stuff.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Album is real good. it's like 2 parts 10k Days, 1 part Lateralus. Which is totally fine.

A couple of the songs seem like riff salad that could have been broken up into 2-3 separate tracks. Other ones, like 7empest seem like it's just fine being a single song despite being 15 minutes long.

Overall, great stuff. I'll be listening to it all week. The drumming is fantastic as usual.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Pneuma and 7empest are loving great. Easily the best tracks. Culling Voices and Chocolate Chip Trip being back to back is kind of a bummer. That’s like the take a piss break of the album for me.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New album is so good on decent headphones. The bass sounds phenomenal on my Powerbeats Pro and you can pick up and process so much more "stuff" from the songs.

The whole song is great, but the last 3 minutes of Pneuma are incredible.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Pneuma or Invincible.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sab669 posted:

So far I agree Pnuema / Invincible are the probably the two best but I'm not finished with 7empest yet, it's pretty cool too.

I was really surprised to see there are extra tracks on the Digital versions, seems like something Maynard would be against doing :shrug:

e; some great drum grooves on a bunch of the songs too

I don’t think the extra interludes physically fit on the CD.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I bought lower bowl Maiden tickets last week instead of Tool, but mostly because the Sacramento Tool show is a festival and I don’t have time for an all-day festival anymore. I got kids to drive to sports every fuckin day.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Aftershock? I had a buddy offer me a free ticket to yesterday and I couldn’t make it. Wanted to see Tool so bad. That’s an incredible set list.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Honestly can’t get enough this excessively-long Pneuma reaction video.

https://youtu.be/-23__zILRgc

These guys have some pretty good videos and are pretty entertaining.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

The show was good on Sunday, but boy is their merch garbage. Nowadays generally when I go to a concert I buy at least one item. Nothing this time. The shirts aren't great designs, and for $45 you'd want the material to be decent quality which they're not. They literally don't have any posters, just one wall scroll that's only the album artwork. A tour poster would be nice.

Always buy the $10 knockoff in the parking lot. Always.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah I’ve been watching them every now and then for 6 months or so. It’s cool to see their first videos where they just started diving into metal. Their video for Holy Wars by Megadeth is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My local tour stop is Jan 15, just in time for the next holiday COVID wave to peak.

:sigh:

v: Yeah, that's also a reason I don't mind not going. Good grief.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 1, 2021