Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still like Tool but I'm old and my musical tastes mostly froze in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

What's the significance of this phrase?

It's from Die Eier Von Satan, it means 'and no eggs.'

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I have the same kind of ambivalent feeling towards this as I do Eat The Elephant. It's very jarring to jump forward 15 years with a band.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would totally go in for an album of songs that were 5-6min max.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

He only started seeming disinterested post-2000 or so. He used to have huge stage presence.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Supposedly the tour is cancelled/postponed by LiveNation due to coronavirus

https://twitter.com/Tool/status/1238237666656653312/photo/1

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 13, 2020

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would be thrilled if they went back to normal-length songs but that's just me. Pretty sure that ship has sailed though, being 2020 Pink Floyd is where they're at now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think I paid more than $15 the first time I saw Tool. Might have even been $10.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

BigHandsVince posted:

The posters are pricey but if you have buyers remorse you can probably flip it for $500 or more. Pre pandemic a guy I know was waiting all day to buy 10 each at a bunch of shows and flipping them for $800-$1000 each the same day.He would have two tickets to each gig so he could take the bounty out to his car and go back in to see the gig. Poster collector types have gone a bit insane in the last couple of years.

That's crazy, I got a band-signed APC poster as a random xmas gift a few years ago and the same thing apparently sold for $400 on eBay.

I didn't even hang it up because :effort: and not being into autographs anymore.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not really feeling Opiate2. It just doesn't feel like a song that you can stretch to be 10min long.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I saw them last night in Birmingham and at least 30-40 people got kicked out for ignoring the literal couple of thousand (they were taped up everywhere, on every third seat back in the arena as well as in every bathroom and hallway in the place) signs saying no pictures please just watch the show instead of the screen on your phone or we’ll kick your rear end out.

I wish more bands/venues did that because Maynard went ahead and said ok this is the last song feel free to film it even though it’s gonna look and sound like poo poo and the absolute sea of screens that appeared really drove home how irritating that can be.

I'm sure it's annoying but there's a lot of stuff by various bands available on YouTube that I'm super glad someone had their camera out for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Remember when they said they were going to release stuff more often now that the lawsuit was over?