Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

Pink Floyd released DSOTM, WYWH, The wall, and Animals in like a 6-7 year period

tool takes 13 years to take one long poo poo.

no matter what tool does it never ever compare to the wall

I would love to see them drop their pretence and embrace synthesisers and try to make encompassing music rather than rigid faux-metal

I’ll still enjoy it but it could be so much more 🤷‍♂️

adam jones did a live album with the melvins where he played synth and it was pretty interesting

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
chocolate trip should've been the lead single and opening track

all in all it's like every other tool album, a few cool bits interspersed among a bunch of boring nonsense

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

eh maybe it just feels like it to me, but it really feels like that song was an utterly new sound, and it feels like music that used the kind of scales that song does only really appeared after that album.

🤷‍♂️ don’t take my amateur opinion too seriously I’m sure someone with a wider knowledge of music will shoot me down 😒

like 95% of their songs it's in d minor but uses the minor 2nd (d#) in the main riff to add tension

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if you wanna learn something cool this dude goes through a bunch of songs including a lot of 90s alt rock breaking down all the parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScRG40_7zb0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f53W_KfQpNc

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

ugh i just skipped thru them and it’s trashy weird ambient poo poo wtf

those are definitely the highlights of the album

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
finally the one true canonical review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQCKAEtUdE

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

angrygodofjebus posted:

Some mixed thoughts for sure but I don't think anyone can call this album bad or uninteresting.

a few people in this very thread have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

Well we got it, so now we can look to the next one!

They've said there will be a next one, which is more than they said directly after 10,000 days so I don't think there's harm in hoping.

i thought the deal with the long delay was they were tied up by a series of lawsuits after getting screwed over by an insurance company