Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
That's a prog metal album art, throw a wizard on that or something and you get symphony x.

Still, I am looking forward to the album. I still like tool, the songs they played live are good, hopefully the 5 other ones are good too.

edit: Actually I didn't care much for tool back in the late 90s to early 2000s but I've grown to appreciate them as I got older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The three songs they put out for this album all sounds like more Tool, but I think it's fine because its not like they put out an album every year, or other year. I'll hold my judgement until the full album is out and I can hear it all but so far I don't think any of these songs are bad. More of the same yeah, but not bad.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I listened to it again and yeah some of the parts seem like they took them from older tool songs, and upon second listening the mix seems too high? Like the whole thing is mixed loud like they got whoever produced the latest Metallica albums.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

somnambulist posted:

I am a bit nervous as a whole on the project because 85 minutes long might be EXHAUSTING for 7 tracks but even if the title track was recognizable in terms of sound, it did fly by pretty quickly.

Ya thats another thing I noticed. It really doesn't feel like 10 minutes went by listening to it. The more I listen to it the more it grows on me but the ending is still kind of weak. It just kind of ends?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don’t turn to tool when looking for squealing guitars and power metal solos