Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=king+ktf+tool

Watching this guy fall in love with Tool over the last year is one of this cruel life's few pleasures

Black people reacting to, and loving, Tool is basically a subgenre of youtube videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

7empest is embarrassingly bad, easily the worst thing on the album. And it earned them a Grammy somehow? ok

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

Because it doesn't have any kind of natural flow towards a place, or a sense of cohesion. It just sounds like it was made by picking old unrelated and recycled riffs randomly from a hat and sticking them together. You could put them in any order and it doesn't matter much. I made an alternate edit of it, cutting a bunch of poo poo and swapping a bunch of sections around, and it sounds just as much like a complete song as the original.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if it was shorter but nearly 16 minutes of what sound like leftover riffs from the pre-Opiate era all played next to each other is a waste of time

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Is Paul D'Amour's stuff any good? I've never listened to Lusk and I thought Replicants was okay at best (all covers anyway) and he apparently did some stuff called Feersum Ennjin that I've never heard either. I remember in high school I thought Tool were the new Led Zeppelin in terms of mystique and in that I thought that none of the members could ever be replaced. Clearly I was dead wrong, but their sound had a dramatic change after he left, almost like he was holding them back. But his bass sound had a lot to do with their early sound.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Maynard says that he has to wait until the other three are completely finished with the songs before he listens to them because in the past he starts writing lyrics and melodies for them and then the song will change dramatically and he has to scrap all of that and start over. But that doesn't really account for a 13 year wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

Lots of people make it into their 60s and beyond without resorting to bigotry.

This is true, but it's mostly old people that do.