Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I nominate the upcoming (to the west) Sega Ages version of Space Harrier as the replacement Game of the Month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

now i wish iron maiden had bankrupted them.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

God dammit. It’s an extremely good game and I was having a ton of fun with it, now I’m afraid to boot it up because I don’t want to feel anymore icky than I already do. I wonder if whisky would help.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Steam refunded Ion Maiden for me with 2h44m played, so don't let the 2-hour guaranteed refund window stop you from trying. I'm gonna go toss this cash at Amid Evil + DUSK.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

FYI, refunding a game won't take money out of the developers' pockets, just Steam's. Still, might as well put a request in if you don't intend to play the game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Elephant Parade posted:

FYI, refunding a game won't take money out of the developers' pockets, just Steam's. Still, might as well put a request in if you don't intend to play the game.

:confused:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man and I thought Wolfenstein Youngblood would be my biggest disappointment of the year.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Accordion Man posted:

Man and I thought Wolfenstein Youngblood would be my biggest disappointment of the year.

DOOM ETERNAL hasn’t come out yet.

Haha I’m just kidding, that game is gonna be awesome, I shouldn’t joke about stuff like that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i nominate the eviternity wad for doom as game of the month instead

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Steam pays all refunds out of pocket, apparently. This is hearsay, but it seems plausible enough.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow gently caress all Duke fans

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Elephant Parade posted:

Steam pays all refunds out of pocket, apparently. This is hearsay, but it seems plausible enough.

Lol no way is that true

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why would they do that

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Glad I only had 13 minutes played, gently caress these assholes.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yeah this news is disappointing but I'm still having fun with the game. Probably my fav build engine game? Blood is a mess

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

MMF Freeway posted:

Lol no way is that true
Yeah it's not, it just might seem like that from the developers perspective.

quote:

How does the financial side of refunds work for Valve and the developer?

When you buy a game on Steam, the money doesn't go straight to the developer. Valve doesn't distribute sales revenue to developers until the end of the calendar month after the sales have been made, meaning devs don't see money from January's sales until the end of February. Because the Steam refund window is typically only 14 days, developers technically don't lose money from refunds—they simply never see the sale in the first place.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
gently caress

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Welp thank goodness I waited before giving these trash my money

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Elephant Parade posted:

This can't be true because if it was I would buy like all 30,000 games on Steam and then refund them all over and over again.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Just requested a refund even though I played it for 3 hours.

It's a huge shame because it's a really good FPS. I just copied the game folder to somewhere else, seems like it still works unlinked to Steam.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Oh. I stand corrected!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
the VoidPoint twitter account started doubling down :yikes:

https://twitter.com/voidpnt/status/1162548006488424449?s=20

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

obviously all the mentions of 'sike' after each gross comment were photoshopped out and you will all be ashamed of your words and deeds

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Overbite posted:

Yeah this news is disappointing but I'm still having fun with the game. Probably my fav build engine game? Blood is a mess

Blood is a mess? Blood is a mess?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Oh for fucks sake

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Endorph posted:

game of the month y'all

More poo poo from one of leads and other devs.

Dieting Hippo posted:

It's literally one of the devs who was making the comments in the Discord posting on the Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/voidpnt/status/1162557191091437568

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

I loving hate people like this when they very clearly in bad faith are like IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE whatever bullshit about something that's plain as day. And to word it like that too, like going by what was kept lmao if whatever was cut out was some grand vindication.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dig up, stupid

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
ION FURY more like Williams Shatner's TerfWar

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Blood is a mess? Blood is a mess?

I don't like throwing tnt around every corner and having to memorize where every cultist is

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

dig up, stupid
What, dig deeper?

Okay.

*Goons proceed to piss in well*

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Overbite posted:

I don't like throwing tnt around every corner and having to memorize where every cultist is

Fun fact: Play the game on easy, all of the other difficulties were designed with coop play in mind!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Overbite posted:

I'll have you know that I recently played all six episodes, blind, on "Well Done" difficulty with nothing but the pitchfork to start each level and I managed it just fine. Course I also do 20 push-ups and 50 crunches every day and eat a bowl of lima beans once a week for the vitamins.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Huh, the Ion Fury thread has quite a few new posts, let's see what they're about.......uh...ok then... :yikes:

This is why I don't give a poo poo about videogame politics/drama. Who cares if gamemakers are SJW hating nazis or whatever, I'll be over here chucking bowling bombs at cyborg cultists and having a good time in this finely crafted retro 90s throwback FPS.

EDIT: gently caress, this stirred up a shitstorm of angry comments.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 17, 2019

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah, why should people care if they're buying a product from people who think they shouldn't exist.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, god forbid a person be irked that the people they gave money to or were about to give money to think they're diseased in the head and mutilated themselves

the nerve of them

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

wafflemoose posted:

Huh, the Ion Fury thread has quite a few new posts, let's see what they're about.......uh...ok then... :yikes:

This is why I don't give a poo poo about videogame politics/drama. Who cares if gamemakers are SJW hating nazis or whatever, I'll be over here chucking bowling bombs at cyborg cultists and having a good time in this finely crafted retro 90s throwback FPS.

I'm not really sure how to parse this. Like, your reason for not giving a poo poo about a thing is because other people on a message board give a poo poo about said thing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Decided to pick a fight on twitter and now the transphobes are out in force. Enjoying my friday night

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

wafflemoose posted:

"It doesn't affect me directly so i can quietly and comfortably ignore it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

wafflemoose posted:

Thanks for outing yourself as transphobe. Good to know i should avoid you