Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I somehow managed to jump across the gap to the MDK secret on like my second try. After going through it backwards I got to the AC units and jumped on one thinking it would lead to even more of this insane secret, then it fell off the wall to the ground shortly after I jumped onto it. I thought it was just a way down without fall damage or more secrets or something.

I tired to get back over later when looking for THAT ONE LAST GOD DAMNED SECRET, and I couldn't do it anymore. Jumping seems inconsistent sometimes. I got across by doing some weird strafe jumping just right accidentally I guess. I couldn't do it a second time, but I got close.

Edit: I also love the way the dispenser sounds. Everything about how it sounds is just right to me. Especially the reloads.

Broose fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zaphod42 posted:

Goddamn that's too secret!

Civvie had a hard time with the piano. Reminds me of Myst, my whole family is tone deaf and got stuck in the rocket ship until I did it for them.

It leads to a secret level apparently.

To this day I've never seen where the rocket ship takes you. All I know is that it's on rails from seeing the making of feature. And it's for this exact reason.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Zaphod42 posted:

Only the preview songs are on youtube, but the whole OST is on spotify

Pretty sure the first level song is track 7 "Access"

Copy fury.grp file, rename it as a zip, open it,and get XMPlay.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shoehead posted:

To this day I've never seen where the rocket ship takes you. All I know is that it's on rails from seeing the making of feature. And it's for this exact reason.

Its my least favorite age, the rocket rails rollercoaster was a cool idea but I didn't really like the puzzle there. So you didn't miss much!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Two Owls posted:

Copy fury.grp file, rename it as a zip, open it,and get XMPlay.

Ooh, excellent. I figured there was a way to get the tracker files but wasn't sure how baked into game files they were.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Are there or are there not hitscan enemies? Civvie says there are, but earlier reports said there weren't, so... :iiam:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are there or are there not hitscan enemies? Civvie says there are, but earlier reports said there weren't, so... :iiam:

Just super-fast projectiles, as far as I can tell.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
These robocultists lack Blood's regular cultists' accuracy and agression, so that's good enough for me!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I guess this is worthless to say because everyone will automatically agree with me but... the fall damage is too high. It could be perfectly half of the current amount.

Also, around third level of third episode the game get serious, now it isn't that easy.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

With Loverboy's altfire you are the obnoxious hitscanner. :unsmigghh:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Turin Turambar posted:

I guess this is worthless to say because everyone will automatically agree with me but... the fall damage is too high. It could be perfectly half of the current amount.

There’s no real need for this game to have fall damage imo. I get that the other Build games have it, but it’s not like that was what everyone loved about them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turin Turambar posted:

the fall damage is too high. It could be perfectly half of the current amount.
It's nothing compared to Strife.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The timed armor shards that appears when you gib someone is a very small but very nifty touch.

edit: dopefish sighted. and LOL at the references at the elevator exit after the second boss. Peel your eyes.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 16, 2019

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Turin Turambar posted:

Also, around third level of third episode the game get serious, now it isn't that easy.

Yeah I’m playing on the highest difficulty (not sure if that has any bearing) but I was shocked by how much damage I took from certain falls. It was like Call of Duty-level fragility.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

skasion posted:

There’s no real need for this game to have fall damage imo. I get that the other Build games have it, but it’s not like that was what everyone loved about them.

I was thinking the same. The game almost seems to want you to make action hero leaps, but then punishes you. No need.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah the fall damage does kinda suck. Reminds me of Tron 2.0's absolutely brutal fall damage, where if you jump from a height of two crates or more at full health it's enough to either kill you or leave you at near death.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The best fall damage will always be Deathtrap Dungeon because you could take fall damage while walking down stairs normally.

For real though the Metroid Prime games did it best. You take no fall damage ever but if you fall from certain high heights you're stuck in place for a second or so depending on how high. That'd be cool to see in a more action focused game since you have to think about if you want to drop four stories down or whatever to a certain spot for faster progress/whatever reasons but also know you'll be immobile for a solid second and a half if you do. I was glad that the platforming in Doom 2016 felt a lot like Metroid Prime's (even having the impact compensators active message or whatever).

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zaphod42 posted:

Its my least favorite age, the rocket rails rollercoaster was a cool idea but I didn't really like the puzzle there. So you didn't miss much!

I have really bad news for you about how you do the piano, because it's matching tones.

The secrets in this game are fuckin nuts. I wouldn't even have thought about trying to do the piano or have understood the clues if Civvie hadn't had talked about it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Despite all of your rage you are still but a rat in a cage!

Also apparently there's a SHOGO: Mobile Armor reference in GDF HQ. It might be easier to compile a list of 90s PC games not referenced.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I have really bad news for you about how you do the piano, because it's matching tones.

The secrets in this game are fuckin nuts. I wouldn't even have thought about trying to do the piano or have understood the clues if Civvie hadn't had talked about it.

That's not bad news for me because I said I was the only person in my family who COULD solve that problem. I play a half-dozen instruments. Its everybody else that's tone deaf, not me.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Despite all of your rage you are still but a rat in a cage!

We're taking over this town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1WfEr60yg

Id is in Dallas, there's no way that isn't a Pantera reference

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

game of the month y'all

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

So I just booted up Ion Fury and played for a couple minutes. Game looks great so far and I can tell I'm going to have fun with it, but...am I wrong in that there's no subtitle option? If so that's very disappointing, particularly in 2019 :smith:

E: Holy poo poo those Discord comments

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 17, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endorph posted:

game of the month y'all

thats...well thats a huge bummer

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mordja posted:

These robocultists lack Blood's regular cultists' accuracy and agression, so that's good enough for me!

I think thats more their rate of fire then anything else honestly. Its much lower then blood.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

game of the month y'all

i liked

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

AAAAAaaand that's interest killed in Ion Fury for me. Ugh, how do these people keep popping up?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Roluth posted:

AAAAAaaand that's interest killed in Ion Fury for me. Ugh, how do these people keep popping up?

You can't let the CHUDs win. You have to play the game to spite them!

E: Oh those are the devs? That's the context I was missing. Ugh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Welp time to check if I an still refund but I think Im too far in.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Someone has slightly different views than me?! I can't handle it, I gotta refund right away.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Well that's disappointing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Tax Oddity posted:

Someone has slightly different views than me?! I can't handle it, I gotta refund right away.

i sincerely hope you will think back on this post in the future and realize how loving stupid you were for making it

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Tax Oddity posted:

i can't possibly understand why people wouldn't want to support a developer that makes claims such as that transgender people are mentally ill and other alt-right dog whistles

must be just people disliking Slightly Different Views™

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
It's almost funny but mainly sad how many dipshits claim BF5's bad sales as a victory of refusing """SJW""" politics and not because it was a stale gameplay format and sucked

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wallrod posted:

It's almost funny but mainly sad how many dipshits claim BF5's bad sales as a victory of refusing """SJW""" politics and not because it was a stale gameplay format and sucked

To me I did not even know BF5 was out when it was out. It was weird release.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tax Oddity posted:

eat poo poo.

glad i hadn't bought it yet. bummer though since the only games i'm waiting for are the next retro fps and elden ring.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 17, 2019

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Unlucky7 posted:

To me I did not even know BF5 was out when it was out. It was weird release.

Didn't it have like...three "releases", too?

EDIT: Yeah something like that:

quote:

Battlefield 5's official release date is 20th November, but you can play the full game on 9th November - if you subscribe to Origin Access Premier. That's the full game available to play 11 days before it launches proper if you're willing to fork out for EA's premier version of Origin Access, which costs £14.99 per month or £89.99 per year.

If you have Origin Access Premier for PC, you get to play Battlefield 5 on 9th November, and you get all the Deluxe Edition extras, such as (deep breath) five sets of paratrooper outfits and the chance to take on special assignments and starter assignments, 20 weekly airlifts, the Firestorm Ranger set, one additional Special Soldier set, and immediate access to five Battlefield 1 weapons.

If you have the basic version of Origin Access, you can play on 9th November, too, but your trial is limited to 10 hours. It's the same with EA Access on Xbox One - that lets you play a 10-hour trial on 9th November. PlayStation 4 users are out on the cold on this one.

The trial gives you access to all multiplayer modes and maps available at launch, as well as the prologue and Under No Flag single-player War Story.

Moving on, we've got the Deluxe Edition of Battlefield 5, which, if you pre-order, lets you play the full game from 15th November - five days early.

And then you've got the bog standard edition, which lets you play on launch day, 20th November.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Tax Oddity posted:

*duke nukem voice* holy poo poo

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Endorph posted:

game of the month y'all
Well gently caress.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Reminder that these sewer rats think killing nazis in videogames is sjw politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Tax Oddity posted:

game dev daedolon spotted

cant believe i wouldnt want to give money to someone who thinks im mentally ill and that i want to multilate myself