Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I preordered this ages ago so I didn't really think about who exactly was on team but man finding out Oasiz was one of the key devs near release did NOT make me terribly happy. some of the poo poo that goes on Duke4.net and the discord made me really frustrated at that community, and it's no suprise some of those horrible idiots ended up working on the game.

It's not gonna stop me from enjoying it honestly but I definitely would not recommend anyone pay for it. maybe wait for a humble bundle and then remove all money that goes to the devs like people did with Fez or something idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
It's honestly worth noting that the communities for Build Engine games are extremely secularized, and all of the mostly normal people left ages ago. What you're left with are a bunch of weirdos who can't seem to see that they're NOT ONLY gatekeeping weirdos that can't stand anyone speaking ill of it, but they've also become really specifically interested in taking the poo poo in the games far too literally. You end up with a bunch of fairly low bar people who can't grasp the concept of the world being bigger than them.

E: I actually left the Duke4 forums years ago because of commentary from some idiot whose username is "Person of Color". Let that sink in.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 17, 2019

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
the Duke4 discord is deathly silent about it. I'm gonna keep low in there lest they start banning people that mention it.