Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Stickying this because drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I normally don't rag on reviews but drat, that starting paragraph:

RPS posted:

I probably didn’t grow up when you did. I feel the need to get that out of the way early, because this review is largely going to be about how Ion Fury’s old-school sensibilities clash with my own. Not all of them, I should stress. Shooters have trended towards a slower pace, while I’m a nippy boy. It feels good to shoot and hop.

I’m just so unbearably lost.
Some games just need previous experience with a genre to be reviewed properly. It's like giving a bullet hell title to somebody who never played one before, the review would be just kinda useless. What in the hell, it's not like this game came out of nowhere.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hey, the news broke in this thread in the middle of the night here (timezones) which is why I only caught up with the thread now.

So I'm unstickying it and also Accordion Man PMed me asking if he can close it because he can't in good conscience support the game and I think that's fair, so I'm doing it for him.

If anybody wants to create a new thread to talk about the game (and the poo poo devs controversy that comes with it) then he/she's free to do so. Thanks all for staying civil in the discussion.