Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

MMF Freeway posted:

Lol no way is that true
Yeah it's not, it just might seem like that from the developers perspective.

quote:

How does the financial side of refunds work for Valve and the developer?

When you buy a game on Steam, the money doesn't go straight to the developer. Valve doesn't distribute sales revenue to developers until the end of the calendar month after the sales have been made, meaning devs don't see money from January's sales until the end of February. Because the Steam refund window is typically only 14 days, developers technically don't lose money from refunds—they simply never see the sale in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Neo Rasa posted:

Also if you look at the uh, their official Discord account follows like all the gater channels and Sarkeesian Effect and stuff. I'm glad I found this out before I gave them money because drat, what a bunch of assholes.
Someone's collecting screenshots of the yikes in this thread because they're unfollowing some especially problematic accounts.
https://twitter.com/caravanmalice/status/1162547783678566400