Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah the weapons all seem rock-solid and beautifully animated, but of the "main" Build games (Duke, Blood, and Shadow Warrior...hell, maybe even Redneck Rampage) this game seems to play it safest with its variety. I kind of miss anything like Duke's shrink ray/microwave gun, or Blood's Voodoo doll, napalm cannon, and hairspray, or Shadow Warrior's ripper heart and nuke--although if I'm being honest, I miss chopping poo poo up with a metal sword and pitching gas grenades too.

I have to agree with other commenters that you've got a sci-fi setting and no legit sci-fi lasers or plasma cannons or whatever (I guess the crossbow is kind of a laser gun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Turin Turambar posted:

I guess this is worthless to say because everyone will automatically agree with me but... the fall damage is too high. It could be perfectly half of the current amount.

Also, around third level of third episode the game get serious, now it isn't that easy.

Yeah I’m playing on the highest difficulty (not sure if that has any bearing) but I was shocked by how much damage I took from certain falls. It was like Call of Duty-level fragility.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

To me I did not even know BF5 was out when it was out. It was weird release.

Didn't it have like...three "releases", too?

EDIT: Yeah something like that:

quote:

Battlefield 5's official release date is 20th November, but you can play the full game on 9th November - if you subscribe to Origin Access Premier. That's the full game available to play 11 days before it launches proper if you're willing to fork out for EA's premier version of Origin Access, which costs £14.99 per month or £89.99 per year.

If you have Origin Access Premier for PC, you get to play Battlefield 5 on 9th November, and you get all the Deluxe Edition extras, such as (deep breath) five sets of paratrooper outfits and the chance to take on special assignments and starter assignments, 20 weekly airlifts, the Firestorm Ranger set, one additional Special Soldier set, and immediate access to five Battlefield 1 weapons.

If you have the basic version of Origin Access, you can play on 9th November, too, but your trial is limited to 10 hours. It's the same with EA Access on Xbox One - that lets you play a 10-hour trial on 9th November. PlayStation 4 users are out on the cold on this one.

The trial gives you access to all multiplayer modes and maps available at launch, as well as the prologue and Under No Flag single-player War Story.

Moving on, we've got the Deluxe Edition of Battlefield 5, which, if you pre-order, lets you play the full game from 15th November - five days early.

And then you've got the bog standard edition, which lets you play on launch day, 20th November.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Man and I thought Wolfenstein Youngblood would be my biggest disappointment of the year.

DOOM ETERNAL hasn’t come out yet.

Haha I’m just kidding, that game is gonna be awesome, I shouldn’t joke about stuff like that.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Overbite posted:

Yeah this news is disappointing but I'm still having fun with the game. Probably my fav build engine game? Blood is a mess

Blood is a mess? Blood is a mess?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Overbite posted:

I don't like throwing tnt around every corner and having to memorize where every cultist is

I'll have you know that I recently played all six episodes, blind, on "Well Done" difficulty with nothing but the pitchfork to start each level and I managed it just fine. Course I also do 20 push-ups and 50 crunches every day and eat a bowl of lima beans once a week for the vitamins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

JerryLee posted:

Is there any chance of the dusk or amid evil or w/e folks turning out to be milkshake ducks?

Like, I might as well make sure the bandaid has been ripped all the way off before I let myself go back to enjoying things.

You might want to play it safe and just assume everybody is garbage and move into the woods.