Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Yeah, agree for the most part. You look at the arsenal of the other Build games and adjacent games like Half Life and even further back to Doom, each weapon feels unique and has a specific role. In IF, there's not much reason to use the crossbow when the pistol does its job just fine. You get dual SMGs and a minigun, which both just spit bullets real fast. There's grenades, the bowling bombs, and the launch trailer shows off proximity mines. Might as well just use the bowling bombs, especially since they home in. I'm pretty positive its gonna be a great game, and the level design + pacing is going to make up for the shortcomings, but its a bummer that the toys you use don't seem to have all that much of a unique identity.

Also I complained about it before and I'm gonna do it again; the decision to have the SMGs shoot fire bullets or whatever is baffling. You get this stupid looking fire sprite that hits enemies and them plops to the ground along with a sizzle sound effect, but it plays on every impact, so its a total earsore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Shoehead posted:

Gman: "The crossbow doesnt feel like a bow it could just as easily be a rifle. I never used the alt fire"

Civvie: "Here's the best weapon in the game, the crossbow." **Murders the first boss in two volleys of the alt fire**

:laffo: More GamerGateMan tomfuckery. What a toolshed. Civvie killin it as usual. I wasn't so hot on the crossbow in the EA version for some reason but it's really useful here. I still wish there was a nice hefty rocket launcher as a good gently caress You weapon, but the guns feel so good to use.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Crossposting from Classic FPS thread:

F U C K Y O U B A L T I M O R E

quote:

We'll gently caress your wife!