Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part of me doesn't want them to animate Part 7 because DavidPro can tear Blue Lips Johnny from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm mostly concerned that if they try to censor the gore in SBR the same way the do in previous parts we'll end up with entire episodes blacked out.

I started early

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna start today too, because I have company on Monday and Tuesday and I don't wanna fall behind

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just have no self control :v:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

have only ever read part of one manga before (akira) but after falling down the anime jojo rabbit hole earlier this year i'm down to do this.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tir McDohl posted:

From a non-regular manga reading perspective, 3 volumes a week seems really intimidating.
I will be honest i am more sad we end the first week in the middle of a fight i don't particularly like but hey your mileage may varies. We will have all the time in the world to discuss that next week.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's never really a perfect way to divvy things up but i think the current schedule is a good balance of actually getting through all this sometime before the heat death of the universe and having some neat cliffhanger spots here and there

whether or not a person reads ahead is up to them but providing a structured context for certain segments to be talked about is essential to the experience

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I've read through Jojo's once before, the majority of it over ten years ago by this point. I'm super up for this!

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I've only read SBR once, which is frankly not enough times to read SBR, and considering the anime adaptation is still years away (if it happens), I am extremely down for this.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

SBR was my intro to JoJo. It was probably around the middle of its run when I got into it and it was a heck of a place to get introduced to the series. I reread it a couple months ago but hey I'm down to do it again. I find new stuff to appreciate every time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

two days until the starting gun...

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

STEAL BALLE RUNNE

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My body is ready for the Nyo-ho.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

San Diego! New York! San Diego! New York!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go the distance.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one day until the spirit of adventure is allowed to roam free...

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What would be a good ending theme for a Steel Ball Run anime? Horse with No Name?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

What would be a good ending theme for a Steel Ball Run anime? Horse with No Name?

Knights of Cydonia was suggested in the manga thread at one point

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road...

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Long Distance Runaround, the B-side of Roundabout.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

comedy answer: you spin me right round baby

(I AM expecting them to do a lot of stylish spinning the frame in the OP and ED tho)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Save a horse :grin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road...

The only song to combine horses and Gucci, it's the natural fit.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i thought everyone agreed on carry on wayward son

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day~

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Roundabout.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gruckles posted:

Long Distance Runaround, the B-side of Roundabout.

I like this answer but I also want Old Town Road.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Surely SBR is long enough for both.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Whoops, I was just gonna read a chapter or two and then I blinked and all 3 volumes were finished.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the initial batch definitely leaves off at a tense moment

i figure it's close enough to the start day to say that at least

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

IM ROOTIN AND TOOTIN

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
I think the horses should have stands.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so uh, how many of you new readers expected this to be about a pan-continental horse race across america

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love that Mrs. Robinson doesn't even have a Stand, he just has a bugs inside him.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This is the only horse race where the jockeys have weirder names than the horses

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Gyro’s introduction is loving wild... just the belt, then the grill combo had me howling.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

caesar doesn't have poo poo on gyro. the 'best zeppeli' competition isn't even a competition. hopefully it's obvious as to why already...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

caesar doesn't have poo poo on gyro. the 'best zeppeli' competition isn't even a competition. hopefully it's obvious as to why already...
Caesar was friends with Nazis, Gyro is far superior by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Johnny Joestar posted:

oh poo poo I never even thought to compare the balls to the bubbles!!

Anyway, this is one hell of an opening. Such an engaging ensemble of characters already! Even if Johnny and Gyro are both amazing protagonists, I'm really rooting for Sandman too. And Pocoloco's fun to watch. I wonder how long Gyro will be going nuts wondering if he's planning that poo poo out on purpose. Reminds me of Kars at the volcano a bit, haha.