Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

TEXAS PETE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

KET CHUP

There are two spaces.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

NachtSieger posted:

KET CHUP

There are two spaces.

please Mr chup was my father, call me ket

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BOILEDEGG

you can put it on food. doesn't mean you usually do

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Since the hint says it shows up briefly in a tooltip, I'm going to guess it's part of the description or name for a skill or debuff of some enemy.

Edit: Nvm, found it

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 18, 2024

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Shows up when hovering over the Mana bar of an active monster.

BBQ SAUCE

Rapner
May 7, 2013

As mentioned in the Android games thread, I've been enjoying Idle Brewery a lot lately. It's small and in beta but worth a look.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

FAPI dev with the goated patchnotes:

quote:

Ascension #20 Milestone will now make Ascending reset nothing, it does check the Reincarnation level requirement when performing a Reincarnation and if the condition are met you instantly Ascend without anything resetting. Yes this is a HUGE/INSANE/AMAZING QoL, by far the best one ever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoa that's crazy

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KazigluBey posted:

FAPI dev with the goated patchnotes:

Best thing about this is that I don't have to do the "Hard Labor begone" challenges every time I ascend.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Broken Cog posted:

Best thing about this is that I don't have to do the "Hard Labor begone" challenges every time I ascend.

Isn't this already the case? Not sure when it kicks in but there's already a feature or QoL upgrade or something in that vein that automates the X Labor Begone challenges. I haven't touched challenges in what feels like forever, and I checked and it's currently pacing a lil behind where I am (I can clear till 7-9 on Easy, HLB looks set to 7-2 without me having done anything).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KazigluBey posted:

Isn't this already the case? Not sure when it kicks in but there's already a feature or QoL upgrade or something in that vein that automates the X Labor Begone challenges. I haven't touched challenges in what feels like forever, and I checked and it's currently pacing a lil behind where I am (I can clear till 7-9 on Easy, HLB looks set to 7-2 without me having done anything).

It's a shop upgrade, but the text seemed to say like it would manually try every time, so I never bought it.

Edit: drat! They fixed 8-1 to 8-3 giving tier 23 instead of tier 22 stuff.
Edit2: Wait, 8-3 still does! There's hope!

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 18, 2024

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Broken Cog posted:

It's a shop upgrade, but the text seemed to say like it would manually try every time, so I never bought it.

Yes, the auto-labor challenge upgrade! Absolutely worth it, not having to manually do labor challenges is a huge time saver. I guess maybe the value will drop a little after A#20 but even then having to manually increment 6 challenges periodically seems like a massive waste of time.

Get it, it doesn't require any manual input, it's a fantastic QoL!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KazigluBey posted:

Yes, the auto-labor challenge upgrade! Absolutely worth it, not having to manually do labor challenges is a huge time saver. I guess maybe the value will drop a little after A#20 but even then having to manually increment 6 challenges periodically seems like a massive waste of time.

Get it, it doesn't require any manual input, it's a fantastic QoL!

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with the reward from Ascension 3 that automatically completes all the Path challenges?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with the reward from Ascension 3 that automatically completes all the Path challenges?

that works on path challenges, the soul store one is labor challenges

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Saraiguma posted:

that works on path challenges, the soul store one is labor challenges

Yeah, and there's only 3 labor challenges while there's 6 path challenges, which seemed to be what they were talking about.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I misspoke.

Having to manually increment 3 labor challenges sounds like rear end (bad), get the automation QoL.

It would be worth it even if you were incrementing just one.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KazigluBey posted:

I misspoke.

Having to manually increment 3 labor challenges sounds like rear end (bad), get the automation QoL.

It would be worth it even if you were incrementing just one.

It's probably worth it yeah, though you really only have to increment the hardest one.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Gathering Event started in Ironwood.

Guild Hall is complete other than Guild Credits, so we're sticking with the regular Gather->Craft->Gather->Combat event cycle. The next building is gonna be the Guild Library if you'd like to work on it, but we've got 40 days or so until we've got the credits for it (assuming we continue to clear all Guild Quests and max out the events, which we've been doing very well on), so it is very much not a rush. Thank you all for your contributions.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Still enjoying Cycle Idle RPG. The progression reminds me of Unnamed Space Idle.

For those that want a look-ahead, some of the features I unlocked look like this:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I like it so far. I think I'm about at the same spot as you, just unlocked the Vermin King.
It also has a card game

Oh yeah, and have you found any way of dealing with poison, any mob that uses it is a massive pain to farm. I suspect it's the level 30 druid skill, but that's a bit of a grind to get to.

Edit: One thing I've noticed about quests is that dealing damage seems way better than the earning exp ones, at least this early on. Would recommend always going for those. Especially if it's spirit, since you can double tap with Mage and Druid.
Also, the level 25 Druid ability is an extra rebirth point multiplier so that's really worth going for.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 21, 2024

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Oh yeah, and have you found any way of dealing with poison, any mob that uses it is a massive pain to farm. I suspect it's the level 30 druid skill, but that's a bit of a grind to get to.

You're right, druid 30 is a cleanse.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Is anyone still playng gooboo?

I am stuck on a mastery quest from some stupid general, when I noticed this:

I don't think that math is right, 5% of 297.2 is not 3.15

This is why I've been stuck grinding that bone for weeks now...

Edit:
I've had a look at the github repository and it looks like it's just a display error.
Looks like the game has been abandoned, no updates for 4 months. I think it's time to look for something new....

porkinson fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 22, 2024

Baddog
May 12, 2001

porkinson posted:

Is anyone still playng gooboo?

I am stuck on a mastery quest from some stupid general, when I noticed this:

I don't think that math is right, 5% of 297.2 is not 3.15

This is why I've been stuck grinding that bone for weeks now...

I think the tooltip is off, not the actual calculation. Mine says just 5.2 for minibosses, but I'm definitely making good progress against a 632M goal for next level.

I wouldn't get too hung up on that quest right now, just push for general advancement in horde and then come back to it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Crafting event is on in Ironwood.

Built the Guild Hall, Guild Library is next, very much not a rush it'll be awhile (35 daysish, probably) before we get the guild credits for it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I had bounced off Evolve a few times in the past, finally giving it a fair try. Haven't recalled it being mentioned here in a while, is that just because it's old or because it will eventually turn out to be bad?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just old, imo. don't think there's anything wrong with it per se but it's enormously grindy lategame and extremely suspectible to scripting. i figure if a game can be scripted (scrapt?) it doesn't generate much discussion as it's largely "solved"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I haven't played in a few years but everything was fairly straight forward to figure out what you need there's usually a few people playing at any given time that can help you if you get stuck so don't feel like you can't ask questions. There's a few weird things, like one reset tier you make segments of something and most people don't really realize that's what your doing until it goes okay now make 249 more of these and you just completed the one as your stretch goal thinking you'd get a new tier of reset done only to realize it's still well out of your reach. That's the only bullshit part that I remember.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Evolve is just old and mostly in maintenance, yeah. There's occasional (every few months) content updates but it's usually a late-game challenge mode or something. It's still incredibly good if you want a long-term idler.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm onto FAPI Ascension 8 now and I love how quickly it takes to get stuff like the Milk/Calcium up to speed now. In general the Ascension rewards have been very satisfying so far. The Super Poop upgrade I started taking last ascension is probably the biggest QOL boost right now just because at a certain point allocating poop was the only manual intervention I was doing outside of gear management. Love to have all that auto split evenly now.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Big Cycle RPG update, the highlights:

Content:
- Added the Rogue class. It is available upon unlocking Eternal Recurrence.

UI:
- A new option in the settings allows you to toggle a counter which shows the number of knowledge bonuses unlocked in an area on the map.

Balance:
- The minimum search time for a monster has been reduced to 1 second.
- The Spiky Helm now gives a damage% bonus.
- The thresholds for gaining Glowing Runes from class XP quests have been reduced.

Class XP quests buffed so they aren't like 10x worse than damage quests anymore. Faster monsters so a lot more value in farming earlier zones. Spiky Helm not as worthless. A new class that uses Dex so you can mix and match better for immunities when doing a Hunter run, also more Rebirth points per run. Notably, the Rogue class has a fire shield, the lack of which made the mushroom guy and the mucoid really annoying. Only downside is none of the zones seem to have been adjusted to give extra Rogue XP among the things I have unlocked. edit: Nevermind, first continent has some Rogue XP mobs.

The 4th rogue skill: Looks like they put in an answer to the mobs that blast your rear end when they die.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 23, 2024

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Evolve is my poison lately. I've started a bit over a year ago and am now finishing antimatter after 100%ing heavy and all achievements. No script, 4*, definitely not a usual playstyle it seems.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

omeg posted:

Evolve is my poison lately. I've started a bit over a year ago and am now finishing antimatter after 100%ing heavy and all achievements. No script, 4*, definitely not a usual playstyle it seems.

No, I play it the same way. The script has never appealed to me because there is so little to Evolve's meta-layer. It's just a slowly increasing global production bonus and a few different achievements. The real game is just the base game, so I think if someone doesn't enjoy waiting to build another Wardenclyffe to get to the next capacity, the game is going to wind up being boring whether they use a script or not.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

nrook posted:

No, I play it the same way. The script has never appealed to me because there is so little to Evolve's meta-layer. It's just a slowly increasing global production bonus and a few different achievements. The real game is just the base game, so I think if someone doesn't enjoy waiting to build another Wardenclyffe to get to the next capacity, the game is going to wind up being boring whether they use a script or not.

Same.

Also people will have strong ideas about like the optimal order of resets but I've concluded there's 0% chance I'm going to play enough Evolve in my lifetime to actually finish all achievements or whatever so why even worry about doing it in the "right" order.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i too go noscript, because clicking things is the game

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Evolve needs too much handholding to progress by late stages of the game for me without the automation script but I get not using it

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I can totally get playing much of Evolve without a script but the 'post-endgame' if you want to call it that is just endlessly running ascensions and the Lone Survivor scenario as fast as possible for number-go-up which happens in minutes rather than the hours-to-days before you break through.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Later on in Evolve you are able to basically build something every 0.001 seconds. It's not an idle game at all, only incremental. I can't go back when every newer idle game at least has the decency to streamline and jumpstart the reset process so you aren't making the same 5000 things every run. Evolve is fun for a while and I even ran the script for months, but eventually the benefits became so marginal that I stopped bothering even with that.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
By the time evolve started boring me, I still didn't understand it well enough to understand the documentation for the script.
So I stopped playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Evolve is my #1 favorite incremental game... After forking it and turning up the speed a ton while tweaking a whole bunch of other values.

Happy to explain how to do that for people that have never touched code, cause it really is a great game (at 10x speed without worrying about soul gems and increasing supply transfer rate for mechs and using the script). It's extremely easy with VS code