Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
NGU question: should I be turning off Idle Questing to run up a big quest bank, then turning it back on again to burn through those quests? is it better to just keep doing minor quests? do you need to hit a certain quest multiplier/drop rate before that makes sense? I'm definitely questing faster than I get quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

What I do is turn off "Use Major Quest if Available"

poo poo, I didn't even realize that was an option

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I left 1 magic in NGU Time Machine overnight.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

started happening after the Steam release if I have the blood digger active - not really a Big Deal

also I thought evilverse pants drop rates had been broken somehow and I'm glad I held off on posting about it; just got my second drop while my boots, axe, amulet, etc. are all around level 50. statistics!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I've asked before, but something, if you're looking for an idea of what to add, I'd love to see some of the heart items renamed to liver, spleen, right kidney, etc, and usable in an extended equipment screen of internal organs, with a special inventory that's an ice chest.

Bonus points if instead of using empty slots, they're prefilled with natural organs on rebirth, and then when you switch one out, you can sell the organ for some gold (or level them up to 100 for no reason other than vanity)

this actually sounds really dope tbh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

NGU idea: so the numbers go up on your items, but eventually they stop going up. what if they kept going up?

do an Item World like Disgaea, maybe have a way to unlock ~secret hidden stats~ on items so I can discover that my level 100 whatever's secret stat is Cooking and I can be upset

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

something posted:

holy poo poo that's genius

I guess now I need to hop on discord and relay to you all my shameful purchases, huh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

something posted:

here's a look at the full WIP menu:

so once you cast a card it's in effect for the entire run, and you can't recast it, right?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

oh no it's a permanent effect, I forgot

something posted:

Permanent.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I've only been doing Energy Buster for a long long time, it seems like the best cost/power ratio - have I been horribly wrong this whole time?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is it weird to not be able to kill Exile v1 with the stats suggested on the wiki? Normally I can deplete 3 or 4 of the health bars before it kills me - I'm blocking the charge attacks, but his regular power attacks still get me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dumb NGU question/suggestion: could there be an option to disable or reduce respawn time bonuses while the game is open? I'm really close to idling Rad Lands and an extra second or two to regen HP would be really handy

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I named mine Hampower because it's the first thing I could think of

I don't even like ham really

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is Evolve still the current best Kittens Game successor? I need something to fiddle with during work downtime, I tried Trimps and I kind of hate how you upgrade equipment

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Did Idleon get its own thread, or are we talking about that here? Does anyone know if we'll ever have a way to change the classes on a character? When the patch hits I'm wondering if my current Barbarian might be better off as a Squire, so I can then have my current mining Warrior be a Barbarian and get the bonuses to both Mining and Fishing, and so on for all my other characters. I guess I can just respec their points and change which one of my characters I consider to be my "skilling" character, but we're definitely getting more classes eventually and it would be nice to know I'm not 100% locked into whatever choice I make with these guys.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

as someone who writes Python and JS for work, JS is... not... awful. Being able to just get stuff going in the browser and being able to just send a HTML file with a script tag in it to friends sounds way better than compiling Unity poo poo. I have an idle game I'm recreationally poking at in JS.

yeah this is way overkill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also, do we have enough Idleon players to form a guild, or should I just slum it somewhere? I checked the last few pages and didn't see anything