Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Your Chronicle is pretty lit, I'm working on finishing up Coastal City on my first run now. I can definitely understand why Warrior was so heavily recommended, the combo of things like Swift Stab for farming, the Power moves for hitting above your stats w/ the right lineup, and your class routines giving a few extra ranks over what other classes would be at really smoothes out some of the grindiest spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Maguoob posted:

While it might be technically possible to enter the desert, and even defeat the boss, on your first run, it is definitely not recommended (it would take far longer than just going through multiple reincarnations). You will go through multiple reincarnations prior to getting anywhere near the stats required. In terms of difficulty the desert boss is between ED2 and ED3, but you can clear the first two sections with the same stats required to beat ED2.

Desert (at least farming the monsters from the first two areas) is very doable on your second or third run if you want -- you get the advantage of eating all the farmwork anchovy sandwiches + pork for fast damage before you leave, you can get your Destroyer summons online + get MC to 21.8k max level for a very strong lineup compared to your first ED1, etc. I'm just chilling in my third run to grab the third auto-eat slot, then I'm going to see if all those sandwiches put me at the point where I can shoot for an early ED2 to skip Norn's endless forest shenanigans going forward. Worst case, I just audible back to a third ED1 and can basically ignore gluttony until way later.

It's not the most efficient progression, especially since I'm not on the hourly DR grind, but I'm going to have a lot more fun finishing out the ED1 clears once I get it to the point where getting to Academic City is something I can AFK while waiting for the first DR to become available. That extra max destiny is going to be huge for cutting out a lot of the grindier upgrade chains.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Does the need to min-max gluttony cool off or get an automation eventually? I can see this being more finicky than I care for in an idle game.

You unlock auto-eat automation at 200, 500, and 1000 max satiety. There's probably more later but that's as far as I've gotten. Getting the first two unlocked is a pretty big goal for your first run, since that lets you set something like Milk or Fish you get from a loop action and then whatever you're farming from dungeons like Pork.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Finished my first ED2 -- definitely a huge QoL bump to get 1.2k additional max destiny on every run. Capped out the desert critters too, aside from King Cobra, though I haven't seen a gold slime yet. How worthwhile is unlocking the 100 inspiration equipment versus grinding out more habit/status ups?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, that makes sense. The two I can reasonably get right now are Leather Shield and Item Pouch, then the next bracket (Wooden Sword, Magic Wand) bumps up to 200 inspiration for the unlocks and keeps going up in chunks of 100 from there. I'm still early enough along the sin track that I'd probably be better off ignoring it and finishing out the King Cobra unlocks and shooting for a base habit of like... 2k, maybe? That seems about where everything important outside of Will and Familiar caps with one or two points.

I'll be making a ton of Sin from much quicker Reincarnations as soon as I finish farming this batch of seeds to clear my party screen a bit, so I should be able to cap out the ED1 bonuses and start working on finishing the next few ED2 completions after that.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I used https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2451142754 to get through my first run. It gets decidedly more complex from there, but it's a good baseline and the other systems are introduced as you go through subsequent runs. The biggest thing IMO is getting Sloth unlocked for your second run and getting comfortable with how it works, then just figuring out the way you want to get Sin as you work on getting the completion bonuses for each ending.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sloth makes your dungeon clear speed skyrocket when you’re farming, since it has a significantly shorter refresh time than non-Sloth, and the most tedious parts of the second run (crafting quests) can be automated. Toss in auto Donate Gold and you can cruise through pretty quick.

Greed is good, it’s nice, but it isn’t a game changer in terms of how the game plays and only really starts to shine when you have more of the examine options open in later reincarnations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Is there a wiki or something for Magic Research that lists the requirements to activate different storylines? There are a couple I saw on my first run that haven't triggered on my second, which is kind of annoying when I swapped schools specifically so I could hit the rank requirement this time.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Ah, thanks, that helps a lot. Definitely need to spend more time exploring B2/B3 next run, the library bonuses sound great. Made it through the forest this time, though, so I figure once I hit the next MPL and maybe fish for one more random event I'll be good to retire and start shooting for the stuff that unlocked after that.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I beat it without running any slammers -- weakpoint spam with grenade arrows from the rifles and timeskip bombers auto-popping them is very effective, but most of your power is tied up in the final bracket of upgrades. The jump from barely reaching Compression 10 at 14 talents to getting an easy win at 17 talents was pretty stark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

So, Turtle Idle, I feel like I'm going crazy here -- I have thirty-some odd copper ore. I go to the Guildwork tab, go to the copper bar recipe, and hit craft all. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?

e: Ah, browser issue. Tried a different one and it worked.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 29, 2024