Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NGU: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna max the ultimate chest plate before I can even beat V2 Exile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I've been playing Arcanum for a couple days and just starting reading spoilers after running out of stuff to do at Tier 5 and it's pretty annoying that there's a bunch of stuff for evil wizards and barely anything for good ones!!!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I just finished maxing the V3 Exile drops and I'm sort of at a loss as to how I'm going to make the push to V4. There aren't really any major sources of adventure stats left. Is it just gonna be months of grinding hacks, NGU and advanced training?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm foolishly running through all the rewardless Evil challenges and I really hate the 24-hour challenge, folks.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jabor posted:

Troll challenges are honestly the easiest of the scaling challenges, it's just a matter of playing actively and rebirthing right after the big troll.

Pretty much. If you can't reliably hit the target boss doing this, you just need more stats. Don't try to push troll challenges you're not ready for, you'll hate everything.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Lol if you're so AP-poor you have to choose what to buy.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NGU: I just started farming It Hungers and christ, I am never going to replace the Ultimate Chestplate, am I?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Man, either the stats on the wiki are way inaccurate or there's some trick to manual fighting I don't know about. I can only get V1 Rock Lobster to like 60% with the suggested stats from the wiki.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Nah, I did it in beast mode at around the suggested stats -- maybe a little bit higher.

I don't see how that's even possible. I can't get him below 50%. After the initial burst of damage, I hit like a wet noodle and when he starts actually attacking he kills me in like 5 hits.

Hell, I just noticed that the suggested Toughness is only 4 nonillion. I have almost 6!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Obtainum/sec is not something that gets all that high. Mine's currently ~400 and I'm still a few orders of magnitude short of getting Ant Sacrifice.

Mine's 83 million.

~Incremental Games~

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Speaking of Synergism, it's really weird that the final ant automation achievement has a multiplier requirement way, way, way below what you'll need to actually buy a T8 ant.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Synergism: Uggggh, I'm so close to finishing the first Sadistic challenge. It's really obnoxious how severe of a bottleneck the green...things you upgrade talismans are. I have everything I need to upgrade my next one except for the greens, where I only have like 10% of what I need.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Any progress that's inhibited by challenges is going to be reset when you ascend anyway.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Love waking up and absent-mindedly cleansing my corruptions because I thought I was doing an offering run instead of a cube run.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Elissia posted:

yeah, sloth is pretty garbage. greed is extremely good though, despite it only using the first zone's research so far.

Man, what. Sloth is crucial, but you really need 3 shortcut slots to get anything from it. One from Inspiration and by the time you reincarnate for the first time you should have enough rubies to buy another slot from the shop.

With 3 slots you can automate making Goddess Statues which is basically the most annoying thing in the game otherwise.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

A Flower Fairy to generate flowers and the Forest People title to generate wood. It's certainly not 100% efficient since the title makes wood pretty slowly, but it works. No doubt in my mind it's the best use of rubies, but YMMV.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The new version that came out a few hours ago added an Ascension count to the settings page, funnily enough.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

That Prestige Tree mod that was posted finally defeated me at Capsules. I could not stomach ANOTHER reset back to zero, especially when it looked like it would take several capsules to get anything that really significantly sped up the process of getting more Capsules. It seems like that's the last real layer anyways, so whatever.

I felt the same way but Capsules are much, much less bad than Origins.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Anyway, I beat that Prestige Tree mod and it was pretty cool but let me just say: gently caress the Boson and Super Prestige layers and mega gently caress the Origin layer for making me do them 100 times.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Synergism is a really interesting idle game but it definitely falls into the trap where at some point you just have to follow a guide step-by-step to be making any progress.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Len posted:

and apparently 10-11 doesn't mean "can now select challenge 10" it doesn't kick off until you're into challenge 10 and have unlocked more mechanics

It means from completing challenge 10 to completing challenge 11. It's not really very complicated.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if it was intentional that the first 2 corruptions are locked at 6 for loving ever.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

Where's the endpoint of Incremental Mass Rewritten right now? I'm on quantum challenges, I can buy everything showing in the neutron tree (up to qf2, quantum foams are boosted by neutron stars), and there's nothing else obvious so I'm just auto-quantuming every few seconds to farm up cosmic strings that are scaling significantly faster than the quantum challenge rewards.

Ha, IDK but apparently there's new stuff since I hit the end last week.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

It's pretty goofy that you only live to 30 at first.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Feline Mind Meld posted:

iirc magic is basically terrible when you first get it and as you unlock other things and gear up it slowly grows in importance

this is every mechanic in NGU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The dangers of designing a game exclusively for the obsessive lunatics in your discord.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

I stopped playing at that point, because you're not waiting to progress levels anymore. You're waiting 3-4 hours so the "more Essence over time" milestone gives you enough Essence to hit the next milestone which lets you instantly complete a few more Great jobs, and then wait again.
Each one of those milestones gives like a 1e15 XP boost which shows just how pointless anything else is. I stopped after 3 of them in a row.

Well, I'm here to tell you there are 10 of those in a row.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus, I forgot how slow the original Antimatter Dimensions is.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i can't imagine the dev was unaware of how gross this was, really doubt any changes will be happening

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

man dodecadragons wasn't amazing or anything but i liked it well enough

glad i already beat it

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i know the school grades don't really matter anymore but jesus christ, i don't see how anyone could get past like A grade without being a professional typist or sentient calculator

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think my biggest issue with it is that prestiging is incredibly boring

now i'm 10% more powerful, exciting stuff

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think it's funny that despite being a pure idle game, it takes significantly less time to accomplish stuff in melvor than in actual runescape

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

more to the point, why design it so that you need to have been playing for months beforehand to actually do an event when it starts

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i need to get around to doing the impending darkness event

it takes so long though

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

JagGator posted:

Another Melvor trick if you don’t mind save scumming: wait until you get a stack of chests from the dungeon you’re farming and if you don’t get what you want, restore a save and open em again.

But most dungeons with the kind of loot you really need to progress also have township tasks to clear them 100 or 500 times. By the time you do that you are going to have everything even without scumming.

i had to do the air dungeon like 200 more times after finishing that task before i got the goddamn deadeye amulet :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

my favorite incremental game is stellaris with 800 mods