Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
I think someone in the previous thread had the idea of reclaiming your number after finishing the challenge. This would let players take challenges at their own pace and not feel like they they have to put them off until they can do a bunch of them all at once. This isn't a great incentive since having to the same challenges over and over and over again is just mind-numbingly tedious.

Honestly though volume is the critical issue here. After more than 5-10 repetitions it just stops being interesting and turns into more of a grind. And not the fun kind of grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
Hey Something, gotta say I really appreciate all the recent quality of life changes that have been made to the game recently. That said, I do think it would be nice if ITOPOD boosts could just automatically be added to the infinity cube while offline. There's already a lot of other offline calculations involving ITOPOD so this seems like a logical next step. Maybe as an upgrade or shop purchase?

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
So I bought the Adventure Advancer and all it does is insta-kill me every rebirth since I have every zone unlocked.

Is there a way to turn it off? I'm not seeing any option in the settings.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008

Ugh, mixing standard and scientific notation?

Although I'm not sure I like the alternative either. 1.45e6.41e7?

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
I think I'll get on the NGU Discord train as well. I'm on as Amperxand.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008

Kin posted:

I've asked this a few times now but I'm still stumped. Is there something which affects the poop drop rate from ITPOD?

I've just got to the point where I've maxxed the godmother item set and I can idle floor 780 as the optimum.

However I still get less than 6 poops over a 24 hour period.

Do I get more when actively in the game vs offline or something?

Not really, it more or less comes down to your kill rate which respawn gear would help with.

I don't know if it's been verified anywhere but to me poop gain definitely feels smaller when offline. Going by the wiki it's 0.01% chance per kill plus a guaranteed 1 per 9000 kills. Maybe being offline doesn't count the 0.01% chance?

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
I also gave up on Resource Grid before getting to the later upgrades. The costs were just too much. Ended up just cheating to see the endgame.

Yeah, City is probably the last upgrade. There's also Planet Essence but that just might be dev thing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
It's fun but I feel like the pace is a bit too fast at points, especially on the second board.
It kinda losses any strategy and you just click whatever lights up. By the end I wasn't even reading what the upgrades did.

I did enjoy all the Gurren Lagann references tho