Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I can't make it through the Penguin Dungeon even with the dagger and that seems like the only place that I'm even close on. Do I just need to farm area 2 and hope I get tiger armor? I'm not sure if I'm missing something but it seems like I need to get really lucky with life steal procs or get a significant buff in durability to go any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Saraiguma posted:

health potions are very useful there if you're just barely dying, but more king kat armor def helps. note you'll probably need the net gun for the last boss bc he chain heals your first few times through

I got the netgun drop recently from a bronze chest but it says it's useless at level 30? Or is there a higher level one?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I've got the soul canister, I guess I just need more of everything to deal with the unavoidable countdown on the final dungeon boss. I thought the purify skill was valuable, but all the places where I'd want it it doesn't work...

edit: something about this game's very hosed up.

I got past the pirate sheep by sheeping the minibosses with only a level 5 moonlight greatsword as my weapon. I think the game wants you to farm talent points and penguins - once you have level 8ish penguin stuff the pirate ship should be pretty easy.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

That's very odd, you shouldn't be lacking damage then - are you eating the food that gives +50% of your element to damage?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Skirmish mode is the end game for the current version, you basically need Infernalus gear to get through it.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, confirmed - just cleared it relatively easily with level 7 Infernalus weapon and level 4-10 pirate dungeon gear and the only prizes are a cookie for the turtle and a medal that "confirms you did all the content in 0.3". Infernalus's weapon is really good just because number big and if you can clear that fight with skills you should probably respec to do so because then it makes it farmable much more easily.

edit: I'm the kind of moron who likes to 100% things. what's the best weapon to grind trash mobs with to get boss spawn items to get boss drops? I think it's the fishing trident because it produces a six-hit whirlpool so it can kill like two or three mobs with those six hits. is that correct?

also what's the third-from-right item in Forgotten? I have the Heart of the Cards and the Fossilized Fish past it, and the Thorn Binding to its left

I think the best farming weapon is the pirate weapon, the dot will kill really quicky. I'm missing that item as well, I believe it's the ring from flipping the coin?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Turtle Idle: Any idea how rare the respec item is? I can't tell since it's Unique, but I'd like to respec out of xp talents.

Relatively rare - I think you can get one out of the daily cat boxes, so far I've only gotten one extra.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

crime weed posted:

so, I've progressed to the midgame of Idle Loops, and all of my options seem like trash:

*I currently have 5 lvls of dark ritual; seems like enough for now
*I've maxed out wild mana + swindles, can do up to lvl 2 of the big dungeon
*I built up a small amount of alchemy (30), but didn't realize you craft one potion at a time --- it seems like you need at least 100 in the skill for it to start to be useful (maybe get it to 34 and hold onto three for the adventurer's guild?)
*I tried the crafting tree, but it seems totally useless at the moment (crafting armor adds 10 self combat lol)

should I just skip merchant town & go straight for 150 magic, chronomancy, and whatever else is up in the mountain?

I think alchemy started being positive at ~60 but yeah, it's not worth it that early. I focused on alchemy training instead of brewing potions for a good bit. It's not really a mid game thing but late game investment.

I think large dungeon loops are good for ss, but you'll probably only do the first floor or two until you unlock the Mt Olympus skills pyromancy is huge.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Randalor posted:

What do you need to do Dark Ritual? It just skips it when I try to do it.

Soul Stones and negative rep - usually 5 dark magic trainings before to get to -5.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

crime weed posted:

another idle loops question (thanks for the advice so far!):

imbue mind seems obviously fine, but... imbue body --- +1 starting stat seems... completely negligible.

even if i spent 20 hours farming it to +20, those are stats that i get like, 20 seconds into the loop.

is there something im missing, or is imbue body just a trap?

I only got imbue mind as high as I needed it - I thought imbue body was the real winner of the two because it speeds up/reduces the mana at the beginning of every loop and the talent was easier to build back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

MerrMan posted:

I can't seem to get the speed options to actually do anything on this one: https://dmchurch.github.io/omsi-loops/

I tried ticking all the boxes under 'extras', borrowing a bunch of time and nothing seems to do anything? Am I stupid?

Did you hit the bonus time button next to restart?