Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Ok, my partner is trying to wean off of the iOS Monopoly game because she’s spent a truly inordinate amount of money on it. Is there any idle game for iPhone you can recommend that could substitute? I’m looking for something flashy and cute that can provide a similar skinner-box dopamine rush right now. Paid, microtransactions, doesn’t matter, because I swear that thing is the most merciless exploiter of FOMO and addictive personalities I’ve ever seen and pretty much anything would be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

What is an "inordinate" amount of money? Because she has the type of personality that's prone to getting sucked in to microtransactions and overspending, you'll want to steer her toward something that doesn't have any.

I've seen too many horror stories of people spending their kids' college funds or racking up tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt on microtransaction horseshit. I hope it's not anywhere near that bad.

It’s been about $2,000 so far. Are there any idle games with competitive leaderboards? She’s at about a stopping point for the current season or whatever she has, I’m hoping to find something for her to step into here rather than picking up the next season.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

what does that amount of money get you exactly

A lot of dice rolls and 8/9 of the current season’s purple stickers, from my understanding.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I want to say I got pork from an Ally quest, but I think that was just plain luck on my end.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I've been trying messing around, but I just can't seem to get past the 10th talent point no matter what I do.

If it’s earlier in the game, I would suggest fire and those jet pack gnorps.