Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
My main question for Orb of Creation: Where can I get the banger soundtrack?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sivart13 posted:

In Orb of Creation:

After they were introduced, I didn't use potions *at all* because there were generally only enough mechanical slots in Alchemy to cover all the resource generating stuff.

I coulda turned some of those off and focused on potions for a while instead but it was never strictly required. Did I miss out on some sweet synergies and gains?

Generally if I wanted to hyper-buff a stat it would be through spell combos, but I'm imagining there are scenarios where adding a potion on top of that is even better.

There's a potion that gives an insane amount of mental quality for a short time, it lets you buy some upgrades way before you could get them otherwise.

Also thanks for the heads up, for some reason I never check the DLC tab for soundtracks, gladly purchased it especially if it supports the dev.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Maybe a dumb question, but would Planet Crafter count as an incremental game? The goal of the game is to make your terraforming number go up and you unlock better and better ways to do that and have to build more and more machinery for that goal.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm pretty much done with Idle Research, I feel like Tubes are just worse Flasks somehow and not sure where it will go from here now.
Eagerly waiting for an Orb of Creation update tbh.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Has anyone played Idle Skilling on steam? it keeps popping up under new releases for me.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Whatever happened to Orb of Creation? There hasn't been an update since July and it has just been minor patches since the Steam release.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ideally the game sales could cover a full time job but I don't see that happen for most idle games.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I don't like how alchemy is limited by slots now instead of point cost in orb of creation. Also yeah rituals etc. Aren't in in the beta so technically 0.5 had more content.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there any idle game even close to Orb of creation with having a nice graphical UI and a cool soundtrack / little downtime as possible?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I should mention that it should have no manual click spamming because I've got serious cases of RSI.
Auto hotkey is always an option though I guess.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If only the Orb of Creation guy didn't constantly rework the entire game and then burnout.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
USI has just about the right amount of gameplay elements for me personally and enough of a presentation that it's not just bars ticking up.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Marriage idle game where you repeatedly marry someone and start a family and then restart again to do it a bit faster, and then the endgame is all your abandoned children coming together to kill you

The prestige is heading out to buy cigarettes.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2666510/Rustys_Retirement/

has anyone tried this? Looks pretty well made graphically but not sure how much depth there is and it seems you can't fullscreen it even if you want to.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm only at sector 52 but min maxing your shards is the key really to a lot of things in this game. How often does it update btw? Seeing as I only have one more mechanic to unlock eventually.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Lufia posted:

Current endgame is sector 100.

I'm a bit iffy on the current 74+ content right now. It very much turned into progressing 1 sector every 3 days or so, with a lot of letting things build up.

The steam notes talk about a re-balance patch coming up soon.

The latest post is about addressing 75-90 issues so the dev seems to be aware.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
USI: Any viable all kinetic setups? I've finally run into phased enemies at Sector 53 and I've been running all laser setups basically the entire game (aside from computer challenge)
I guess it could work until you run into any enemies with shield regen.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Sounds like a good idea, I felt that a beam is necessary since even 2 laser cannons couldnt keep up with dedicated regenerator enemies. No kinetic cannons running on support duty?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Any idle game where I have to mash clicks myself is out of the question due to RSI, so I never experienced cookie clicker for example.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
USI: Just got my first mastery point for crew which took a while and slapped it into the module upgrade promptly. However I wonder what the most prudent upgrade would be next, more biosleeves for faster crew stuff or salvage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I already used my first one on the module slot (micromanaging them is a huge pain) but I'll put the next ones in the 30x masteries for sure.