Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I'm creeping up on Evil in NGU atm, is there a checklist of what you should do before switching over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Alright cheers!

I haven't got the Power Pill or the Gerbil maxed yet though, will proceeding to Evil remove access to The Beast until I get back to Chocolate World?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pope Guilty posted:

No, all Normal titans remain accessible as long as you're not below the relevant boss level in Normal. Think of it as every boss in Evil being above the final boss in Normal.

Ah, so it's kind of like a separate mode altogether?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So Evil is pretty slow, huh.
What is the first major milestone to aim for? Right now I am just slowly climbing upwards with 30 min rebirths.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

You should probably start a basic challenge chain a couple of rebirths to get to 58 and get a boost to adventure mode stats.

After that the preferred strategy is the Nerd rush, where you should be mostly just ITOPOD grinding until you can kill the next Titan, he is guaranteed to drop at least 1 piece of better equipment than your Choco gear.

Its slow but its faster than farming the first 2 zones in Evil.

Alright, I'll see if I can do that, though I am mostly gaining around 4-5 levels per rebirth as it is, and I bet that's gonna slow down soon as well. Cheers!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I'm still fairly eary on in Evil (doing the basic challenges), and I've noticed that while the Evil NGUs are pretty strong, they are also incredibly slow. Is it better to just continue building up the normal NGUs for now and leave the evil ones for when I can complete them within a reasonable timeframe?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Eldercain posted:

yes

it's worth going back to evil ones until softcap but you want pp ngu at 60-80m

Alright cheers! Though I am... quite a while away from those numbers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, when do questing start to speed up? Feels like it will take weeks before I can grab some of the evil quirks at this rate.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGU question: Does move cooldown reducing equipment affect idle attacks at all? I'm guessing no?

Also, will the later bestiary entries ever be added in a future patch?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm almost at Greasy Nerd(or well, at around boss 110 in Evil atm, things are going slow), and I still can't max out all normal NGU's. I think some old-timers might overestimate how quick the climb is these days compared to before.
I've also spent practically all my EXP on EM.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Chin Strap posted:

Are you using stealthiest chest and other ngu gear?

Yeah, all of it, I can cap everything except for NGU Magic NGU and NGU PP on the energy ones easily, but Magic NGUs are not even close.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, the climb to boss 125 on Evil is slow.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So if anyone is playing Grim Clicker here, when you reach the second galaxy, how much corruption do you usually go for on each shard? I went with about x20 for the first one, then raised it to x40 for the second since it had an "Every hit is critial" modifier, and now I'm trying out x30 on the third one. Just wondering what a nice balance is.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Thanatosian posted:

I recently stopped playing, and I was considerably further along than you are (I got there before corruption was a thing), but I usually do zero on the first shard, then ramp up for further shards. Subsequent runs of the same shard after clearing it don't get the corruption multiplier, so I started to do more runs on the shards to build up wax multipliers to be able to run higher corruption on later shards; I haven't done the math so I don't know if it's optimal, but I was maxing for quite awhile every run and this seemed much faster as the corruption multipliers started to be a problem.

Doesn't maxing corruption make the beginning of each shard absolutely miserable though? Before you can even make use of the flame power you build up.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, there are ways of dealing as you get further along. Definitely would not recommend maxing early, and odds are, like, ever; I was waaaaaayyyyy ahead of where corruption started when I started doing corruption (like, Galaxy 40ish, reinstalled after a long break). I think the no-corruption first shard, make a few full runs to build up wax multiplier, then start ramping corruption as you continue should work about the same even at lower levels, though. Seems like a good rhythm.

Boss chests get you souls that you can use to do things like summon rubies/bats so you can level weapons without needing to kill anything.

Cheers, thanks for the heads up, and yeah I've been using summons to start off each shard, but it's still pretty slow. Think I'm gonna continue doing x10/x20/x40 based on the shard I'm in. The first few shards in each galaxy also seems to be good for going high, since the insane monster scaling doesn't start until a few shards into each galaxy.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Dunno if anyone still plays Idle Champions here, but I just wanted to post the newest event champion, because they're pretty cute

Literally 3 kobolds in a trench coat

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I just checked this out because kobolds are cute and holy poo poo the lootbox/FOMO poo poo is vicious. Gear seems like a huge part of advancement and it's all randomized, and it's hard to gear event characters outside of their event. That said, the formation mechanic is really fun. Is this game even feasible F2P, or do I need to drop cash to get anywhere?

Surprisingly, yes. Despite what the endless barrage of "WEEKLY DEALS" and "WILD OFFERS" wants you to believe. I recently started playing again after being on a hiatus for about 3 years since I last played it in the beta. I have not spent anything, and I have been able to finish 3 campaigns, made good progress on the fourth, unlocked all the base game and "evergreen" champions, and can fairly easily beat all event stages during events.
They are pretty generous with both events (3 free champions and chests for them if you can finish their event stages), and giving out free chests (About 10-15 universal codes for gold/the new electrum chests gets given out on streams and podcasts every week, but you can just check the reddit or The Wiki Page since it gets updated regularly). You can also buy chests for gems, and get them randomly from drops.

The two main elements that are restricted by real money are Familiars, which let you automate and idle more conveniently(you can get quite a few with gems, but they get expensive quickly), and gold equipment, which basically makes a certain equipment slot twice as effective. Useful, but you can do without them.

Honestly, just grabbing all the codes from the wiki, and checking back there or with the reddit/forums for more codes once a week should last you a long while. Also, sign up for the newsletter for a very useful support champion.
Protip: You can Ctrl+v the codes on the "unlock chest" screen.

Edit: I do agree with Explosivo though, without a significant amount of familiars, it's more of a "Set off and check back every half an hour" kind of game. At least until you get further in, and then you can usually set it up to run for a couple of hours before needing to upgrade everything manually. I do recommend saving up 1000 gems for the first familiar asap though, it can be very useful.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 5, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lilli posted:

Has anyone who has played https://proto23.herokuapp.com/ have any idea what are the requirements for going through the southern forest exit?

Edit: and also what the hells the deal with the nervous guy

This seems to have a lot of promise. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Spokes posted:

glad everyone else also bounced off matter dimensions, lol.

I've been playing https://www.pokeclicker.com/ a fair bit lately. It's definitely one of those "game on one monitor, wiki on the other" if you want to play close to optimal, but it also really scratches the nostalgia itch
I tried that one, but once you're pretty much done with a region, you have to grind quest points to gamble on eggs for the last entries you need in order to progress, which got real old, real fast.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Blattdorf posted:

Incremental Epic Hero has appeared on Steam, along with a big update. This is the first time I've ever heard of it, but apparently it had been out for a long time on Kongregate before it released on Steam. From what little I've played, it seems to be a keeper.

Hey, I played this back on Kongregate before it died. It's definitely worth a try.
Always felt kinda bad for these devs releasing their game on kongregate like a month before the shut down message.

Edit: If I remember correctly (and they haven't changed it), start as angel, as they get a really good farming skill you can transfer to the other characters
Edit2: Or warrior. I only remember that you should never start as mage

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 23, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah I've never savescummed either, and I made fine progress back then. Think I might have hit the content wall, even.

Btw, here's a bonus code I found in one of their patch notes: IEHsteam . You can enter them at the system screen

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arzaac posted:

Yeah that boss is still there, though I guess I don't know how strong it used to be. It's still a significant hump though, and you either need to be good at bullet hells or farm up the golem shield to the point where it doesn't hurt much anymore.

I don't think that's the one they're talking about. Back when the game was new, there was this one Magic slime miniboss that was basically a roadblock for the then End of Content.
It was tuned so highly that it was a major pain to beat at the time.

Edit: Also didn't help that the wizard was really bad back then, and was also basically the only character that could deal damage to that boss.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 24, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Of course, Javascript is an awful language that's probably harder for a complete beginner to pick up. C# is a lot friendly because it's type safe and uses a much saner object oriented inheritance model. Typescript is a good in-between choice, I'd recommend that over straight JS.

I'd argue JS is actually easier to get into as a complete beginner. It's just harder to transition to/from other programming languages because of all the insane poo poo it pulls.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGU Industries: Why is the tier 3 relic so expensive compared to the tier 4 one?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 6, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Nea posted:

So far it doesn't seem like there's any benefit to doing higher tiers of the isopod? Maybe that's related to features i haven't unlocked yet, or maybe it silently makes rewards on all floors better based on highest floor.

It definitely increases rewards the higher you go. Question remains if it's worth going as high as you can vs just staying somewhere where every fight doesn't take half a minute.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Here's my trick for avoiding red: Start from the end of the production chain and work backwards until everything is green/white.
Works pretty well

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Sucks to get a 167m work order for carboard bars when they're still at around 360x production multiplier.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Heh, I've won the jackpot 2 days in a row. Shame it's not as exciting as in NGU Idle (where I don't think I ever actually won it), but hey, 40k free AP.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Can recommend upgrading the first relic as far as you reasonably can, it really softens the amount of cardboard and glue you need later on.

Edit: also surrounding Flesh Rockets and Flesh-Assisted Reactive Transport Solutions with as many efficiency beacons as possible.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 9, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGUI: Anywhere I can see my rewards from the Muslukk pit?
Also, you start getting some actually decent rewards, like +40% tier 2 flesh production and stuff, later on, so it's absolutely worth chucking in your spare resources (that you are done with, don't chuck in high-tier mats).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, my Relic progression is bottlenecked so hard by BDSM's right now, is there any way other than passively from ISOPOD or doing work orders to get them?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGU Industries: Any way to increase research juice production past normal? I'm at candy land now, and flesh, tron and candy juice production are all still at 1x.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Running With Spoons posted:

Have you seen the BDSM upgrades in the work orders panel?

Oh yeah, I forgot those existed since I've been using everything for relics. Cheers!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I've unlocked farming in NGU-I, and what exactly does breeding plants do? I tossed in a flesh plant and a tron plant, and it's just been standing there for one and a half day.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do beacons of the same type stack their bonuses additively? And if so wouldn't it be better to alternate production/speed beacons for productions that aren't speed capped?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGUI: Does plant power actually do anything atm? Doesn't feel like I am getting more from my elementium plants, even though they are at about 22.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGUI: The grind to stage 3 of Candy land is rough, is there a secret to speed up the tech juice 4? As far as I could see, there's only a speed bonus powerup for it in the work orders.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

magicalblender posted:

In NGU Industries, what causes new items to appear in the Work Orders' Upgrades menu? I've had Candy Jello 2 unlocked for about a week now, but the most recent upgrade is "Improve Candy Jello 1 production". Does it have something to do with the ISOPOD?

Huh, how far are you into the ISOPOD, because I am almost at candy 3, and I don't have the Jello 1 production upgrade.

Edit: I am at level 383 for reference

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Melvor Idle is the Runescape skill system without the gameplay.

Like, literally, that is what the dev went for. I found it pretty boring myself, but there's apparently a lot of people that love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Already dawning on me why I stopped playing cookie clicker all those years back, there really isn't all that much new stuff to do once you ascend a couple of times.
by the time you get reasonable offline progress, you have pretty much seen most of what the game has to offer.