Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have no idea what to spend my PP on atm

I have basically everything on the first page sans the 25k a pop R3 upgrades and boosts. Nothing on page 2 looks all that hot, except the merge slot which i have. Reducing wish minimum time honestly doesn't seem very useful as i am closing in on having trained all the wishes that i can train in 4 hours and soon none of the available wishes will get any benefit from those perks.

I have half a million PP so its about time to use them.

I guess i should pick the boosted boosts perk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

NGU feature request:

A button to convert all boosts in inventory to a different boost

A field where we can input how long we want spells to autocast, so that im not still autocasting spells 12h into a rebirth so that i can, like, get 2 decent iron pills per rebirth instead of just a single one like its been lately

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

NGU bug

No idea if you know this or not but if you max out the training on a wish while offline the resources allocated to said wish does not get unallocated automatically

NGU feature request

The ability to filter out maxed wishes, just to make the menu less cluttered

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Finally all fruits at tier 24.

The McGuffin fruits kinda makes the McGuffin spells look pointless. 6 levels quickly or 8 after a full evening of single target McGuffin levels from the spell vs nearly 300 from the fruit.
8 levels quickly or 10 after a full evening of all levels vs 30-something from the fruit.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

They werent kidding about the EXILE secret drop being rare.

3 weeks in and it has dropped 3 times. I combined 2 of them and put the first one i got into daycare. This one has gained 7 levels from Money Pit and 5 levels from daycare.

Its not even all that good, compared to the rarity. (its pretty good but not "it takes 3 months to max this item"-good).

Maybe i should start wearing it so i get it leveled up from both the money pit leveling features.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

IA has got to be the idler with the least things to do and the least amount of features i have seen so far.
I somehow managed to last until PP2, prestiging at that point reset my pp1 to 0 (keeping the unlockables but not the stat boosts) so the dev essentially invited me to close the tab at that point.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

pixaal posted:

you are never going to take that thing off.

Huh?

The only one worth wearing is the Ascended x6 one, all the other variants are way outpaced by the other gear you have by the time you are able to get some more levels on your newest pendant.
And the only reason Ax6 is worth wearing is at that stage of the game you no longer need NGU speed from accessories

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 28, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

To be honest, im not looking forward to sadistic difficulty at all.

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Alkahistorian is almost kinda neat but gets ruined by the frustration of hunting down that 1 node that messes up the production cycle because reasons.

Possibly the most obtuse and nontransparent game i have played.

Like in the first ring when you unlock the 2nd spell, its possible to enable the earth one which causes the system to go into a never ending loop of consuming all the production. However, if you first enable the 2nd fire spell, then water, then air, THEN earth, you get stable production.

Right now i have the same issue on the second ring. I can't seem to be able to start using spells in the pulverizer but the whole system is unstable as soon as i enable the forceful steam conversion. With this one off the system stays stable.

EDIT: I was randomly clicking on and off various spells and sliders and suddenly i had enough water to upgrade my water golem cap because reasons (i suddenly had 1,2e4 waterdespite the water node still claiming that 1,2e3 was the max)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 3, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Holy poo poo Alkahistorian goes completely unhinged once you finish the first 2 rings and the central node starts doing its thing.

Most of the nodes seems manageable enough but the Time related stuff at the top is completely arcane.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

That thing the central node does every time it hits 42 is really annoying, NGL.

It feels like its just there to make everything take more time. The first few times was fine as it actually did something but the 100th time, when its happening while i need it to stay at 42 to act as a catalyst feels completely pointless.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

But i need exactly 42 to get the solution machine going :(

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Skip stage 2 IMO, its nowhere near as interesting as the other two. Once you have all 4 elements and max rotation speed on the machine you need to accrue 1 million of air/fire while you make like 50 per second.

To try to answer your question, i see that you can afford an upgrade as the "Open Water Rift" button is green, it should be pretty self explainatory what this does ;)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Considering how much the games increased in scope going from #1 to #2 to #3 a potential #4 will probably be nearly insurmountable

EDIT: When can i start ditching respawn gear in NGU?
Currently farming exile v2, have all PP on the first page, getting 3,1PP per kill.
The respawn gear is starting to look bad compared to some of the latter acessories e.g. A6 pendant

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 10, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Alkahistorian

I have gotten the pure earth/water/air essence to upgrade the Mixer 3 times to get Alkahest ratio to 0.250. I am assuming upgrading it with the Pure Fire gets rid of alkahest need entirely ?

Getting pure air was easy, earth was easy'ish, water was ok but took loving forever.

Pure Fire, however, i am simply unable to earn. The things i need to get it is consumed by prior nodes in the production chain but if i shut those down i will lack other things i need. I suppose i could cap them then turn them off, i.e. babysit the whole thing. Is that the intended way? Its really not my style at all to sit and actively play an idle game, at least not for the many hours this process would take.

I also upgraded the 4 basic element nodes, starting with upgrading the earth one with pure earth (iirc), which let me upgrade the water one, then the air one then the fire one then back to the earth one for its final upgrade.
However having maxed out the earth node and have gotten the other 3 nodes up 1 more upgrade has done nothing at all for the speed at which i gain, well, everything. Why? I thought at the base level everything was based on the speed of the 4 basic element nodes.

I also could max out the alkhaest node by affording the upgrade that cost 1,2e8 of each basic element. This also practically did nothing. Its alkahest cap is lower than the previous skill and it costs more, so what is the purpose of it?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Lufia posted:

You get Fire like you did with Earth, alternating using the second and third reactions on your fire planter.

For Earth, Air, Water i used the node in the bottom left that uses pure essence but gives a ton of the same element soil, its not a positive loop but it results in speeding up the pure essence gain if you are capped on seeds, however this doesn't work at all for fire. Trying this there only resulted in losing all my seeds and all the pure essence i had gained so far, setting me back a full day. Good fun.

Lufia posted:

The thing is, you don't need to keep Blast on. Max you Sulphur and turn that off. Stockpile some EssenceF, turn Blast on and off again and you'll get your fire seeds. The longest bit is to get 3-4 FireSeeds before you can start producing plants, after that it takes maybe 30 mins to get your fire plants reaction in a stable loop. Get to 107 FireSeeds then let the pureFire trickle in.

This is not my experience at all. Everything in the fire themed loop is dependant on eachother and in the end dependant on 42 alkahest because of the mixer->fire essence bit of it and that combined with THREE resources ticking down on their own that is needed to get pure fire essence combined with the loving alkahest bomb that resets your progress means you make progress only like 2% of the time.

What an infuriating end to an otherwise decent game.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks! i finally got enough pure fire to do the last upgrades on the mixer.

Not sure i would have figured this one out on my own.

The solution was to leave Phoenix Growth, Leaf Trimmer and Plucker on, as well as Fire Soil Enrichment, then occasionally unpause A Way to bump up the seeds, and rarely unpause Blast Off for more blast catalyst.
In hindsight i should not have upgraded the Mixer as that only accomplished removing its need for alkahest but it still doesn't ever produce anything. I should have done the last upgrade on the basic fire element i guess.
I also upgraded the Mixer before building up a bit more pure fire so now i am waiting for the forever it takes to get 100 Plant Fire again to be able to start the process :doh:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pixaal, how many PP per kill are you up to now?

I remember when i had just broken 1 per kill you were at 3,5. I just hit 3,5 so just curious how the numbers scale.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

For someone probably well overdue for sadistic difficulty to be release, they showed a pic getting 14 pp and change per kill.

:eyepop:

pixaal posted:

9 pp per kill

Its interesting how we are both making roughly 3 times more.
I was expecting it to taper off a bit (though i suppose yours have started doing that, looking at the numbers)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So Arcanum has no import save game feature (though it does have an export)

Where do i put the exported save file?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Rynoto posted:

You just drag and drop the file onto the page and it'll automatically load it.

:doh:

EDIT: oh right, on the "drop save" button. The button is literal

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 27, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Everyone complained about Evolve having such low storage limits and needing constant attention and having the same problems as Kittensgame but none of you dumbasses have noticed that Arcanum IS essentially Evolve/Kittensgame :eng101:

(I play it aswell, its great)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I obviously don't get Arcanum

Been playing for nearly a week now (checking the game once every few hours at most) and it took until this weekend did i unlock the first T1 class, Trickster. I have no idea why that is the one i get either as i have never been "tricksy" in the game and all my upgrades are towards good and elemental things, no evil or shadow or necro related stuff. I am not interested in being a trickster so i kept playing the game for a while longer and just now i finally unlocked the second T1 class, Prestige, which requires 700 Max Research which means i need to Sublimate Lore 20 times, which means i need 600 Codices. Really looking forward to that grind. None of the other T1 classes are anywhere to be seen. I have the Inn so i have ample floor space and have bought 1 of every building that looks like it potentially could unlock new things but no more T1 classes have appeared.

I also have so many skills that i am unable to learn as i don't have skill points. I am assuming thats where some of the more interesting T1 classes are as i have not learned e.g. Pyromancy yet. (as well as Weaving, Divination, Herbalism, Charms, Animal Handling, Shadow Lore, Water Lore, Astronomy) Like half the skills i have discovered remains locked, good fun.

I also have a ton of abilities on the first page, many of which are greyed out like Tend Animals and Focus.
Its also a real mess on the first page with those orange abilities being mixed in with the clicky abilities.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 30, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks, i had not noticed, or brushed off and forgotten, that Pace gave skillpoints.
Looks like its about 3 hours per skill point.

I did upgrade to Prestige before reading your post though which has opened up a lot more stuff to do. Upgrading to Prestige removed the predigistiation skill though, which is some real bullshit. I made 25 gold per second with that skill, now my best bet is 3 gold per second.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Skill leveling gives 0,05 skillpoints so its a bit but you will run out eventually as you need 20 skill points in a skill for this to break even. Only my lore gets to 14, the rest are 5-7

None of the adventure stages i can do awards skill points. Some of the ones i have unlocked might but i cannot do them because they are out of range with the best mount i can get.

I dont have a whisper ability

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

All my skills are capped. Did not notice that i got skillpoints when i adventure-leveled-up, will go do more adventuring.

Just jumped into a 300-space house (so nearly 400 with the space upgrades i got from Prestige) but its a slow go to get it filled up as my gold/sec got really handicapped when i upgraded to The Prestige

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Something messed with the gold cap for 0.108 as well.

I had 10050 max gold, or so, enough to buy the temple (and did)
Now i have 9975 max gold

One thing i don't understand yet, how do you go back to the activity you were doing when you run out of resources and they are full again?

I could have sworn that in the earlier stages of adventure i could enter the stage, i would run out of sta or hp and rest, then automatically go back to the adventure stage. This no longer happens

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 30, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Finally got enough PP to buy one of the Adventure Milestone Perks.
4 MILLION PP and all i got was a single additional milestone

:argh:

At least i can do Exile v3 now

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

pixaal posted:

There's new perks coming out tomorrow, you may have wanted to bank all of that. But I do get it, I'm tempted to click the button myself but I'll wait I know I wanted like 12m worth of stuff in the new patch over that.

Well poo poo i didn't think of that. That makes it seem even more pointless to have spent a month (or w/e) worth of PP. Making 4,5PP per kill now.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Congrats!

Looking forward to coming home and checking out the new perks. Really glad i spent my 4 million PP just before the patch launched so i get to stare at the new perks even longer.

Not a big fan of the Exile drop rate nerf, the levels of his drops were in line with other titans at level 5-6 per item. A lot of people are going to be able to go up an exile tier or two now, with the new zone (that presumably has another level of gear) so it seems a bit odd to nerf the drop rates.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

I'm open to re-buffing it slightly when i add the exile feature (cause of the reason you just mentioned about it speeding up progress), but I got data from quite a lot of files/feedback from players at around exile v1-2 where they were outrageously overcapped on drop chance even for exilev4 which they couldn't even begin to touch statswise.

Ah i read it as the levels of the individual drops being lower, effectively halting progress.
If the requirement to cap his drop chance is what was nerfed then thats a nerf that makes more sense. I was capped (25%?) when i first was able to kill him on v1 so i assume thats true for everyone.

something posted:

Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3
Trying to but i cannot find anywhere i can actually write a review.

something posted:

exile feature

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What IS the most common monitor?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Haven't really paid attention to my Evil Boss Number yet since there has been no pressing need to get to boss 301 but now with Sadistic is out i figured i'd jump into that aaaaaaaand im not really sure how i can even get to #301.
Im over a month deep into this rebirth cycle so my number is as high as i can realistically get it yet i cap out at boss 277. That is with fruits, a full 24h of blackbar Wandoos XL, gold digger, all augs running the full 24h, on every rebirth. I have all related perks and also extensively trained attack/def hack, its taking 15 mins to get additional levels.
It was never a problem to get to 301 in Normal, just a matter of keep rebirthing and getting 4-5 more bosses per rebirth but that's not the case in evil. My last rebirth gave me 2x number. I must be overlooking something. I know people got to 301 in evil before the Sadistic patch so the new things should not be needed.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

dipple posted:

Perks
Quirks
Hacks
Wishes
Digger
Rebirth more often to build bigger permanent beard and guffin numbers
Big Blood Number
Sink a couple billion exp into Attack/Defense boost

Yep, got all those, though little to no xp into attack/defense

dipple posted:

You also need exile v4 down to get into sadistic

gently caress...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Theres a couple of display bugs with the new NGU

Particularly when you mouseover the hot pants from radlands, the tooltip box goes off the screen. The top of the tooltip box is flush with the top of the icon for hotpants, instead of being e.g. centered vertically, so it goes off screen, regardless of resolution.

Perhaps not a bug but still pretty weird; when you increase the resolution the text increases size as well, making it kinda pointless to increase the resolution

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Zokari posted:

I just finished maxing the V3 Exile drops and I'm sort of at a loss as to how I'm going to make the push to V4. There aren't really any major sources of adventure stats left. Is it just gonna be months of grinding hacks, NGU and advanced training?

Im in the same boat and am not sure i can be bothered to continue.

Have been autokilling Exile v3 for a couple of weeks, a couple of day before the Steam launch at least.
Since then i have gained about 1e24 more attack per day, and 750e24 is needed to kill Exile v4. I realise it probably scales up with time (?) but it still looks like it will be months before i can kill v4. I kill boss 301 on every rebirth. The only source of adventure stats left is the PP that costs 10k per, and i have half of that already.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

headfake posted:

In NGU, if I press Cap on a digger, it always sets it to one level less than it will actually go. Is there a reason for that?

The gold cost per second for a digger is exponential so running all your diggers at level 10 could potentially cost the same as running a single one of them at 11. The auto capper makes a rough average so all diggers are similarly close to their cap. It also saves some of your gold production so most of the time you can add 1 or 2 levels to a digger of your choice (ITOPOD digger, no other valid choice) manually.

It is also a hot tip to disable all your diggers and cap ITOPOD and EXP manually before you eat your fruits, to maximize fruit gains. These 2 diggers affect the gains from the equivalent fruits. Adventure digger does NOT affect the adventure fruit so leave that one off.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

If you contact me on discord, I give out the 5$ pack for free to goons.

TIL

I bought that pack

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

If you still play/want more AP just let me know!

No biggie! My save bugged out between early beta and when i picked up the game again some months into "release" so i ended up with 3 million AP so i don't mind having bought that pack. (I also bought 2 more newbie packs for $10? each)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What is the respawn hardcap? 1 second? Does the Sadistic NGU mean we can take off respawn gear finally?
Im at 1,06 second respawn now.