Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Something, thanks for the cap all diggers button. It is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no, I just realized there’s a whole new set of challenges in Evil mode. Every time I think I’m out they pull me back in.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

I just realized that alkahistorian is about alchemy not alcohol.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

I've got a question about Evolve and the script for it. I'm doing the Steelen challenge, and I'm up to the point trying to make the bioseeder ship, but if I have the script running it keeps using the steel for something, never letting it build up enough to build any of the ship. I tinkered around and can't figure out at all what it's doing with that steel. Right now I just have turned the script off and it's accruing that way, but I'd love to figure out what's going on. Anyone have any clue?

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

That's the weird thing, nothing is getting built with the steel. It never accumulates more than a thousand or so before its production drops to -400/s and empties out my supply. It's extremely strange.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

I've got the no free trade challenge on. And it isn't switching the trade routes at all, so the whole time my trade routes are getting me steel, but it just drains away.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Jabor posted:

So it's actually showing up as a drain in the left-side panel? If you hover over that production number it'll tell you exactly what's producing and consuming it at that exact moment, so you should be able to figure out what's up.

I thought that too, but when I hover it always just says income from the trade. I think the hover popup doesn't update while it's pulled up, and the drain only lasts for a split second, so I've haven't been able to catch it while it's draining. It looks like it never lets my steel get up over 150 before it drops it to 0.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

It looks like it's the containers. It built 2300 containers for stone for some reason. I can hold 10 million stone! So that's good I guess. I wonder what it's trying to accomplish.

Edit - Grain silos. It was trying to build more grain silos. Come on script! I don't need to store more food, I need to launch our bioseed into the universe!

Jester Mcgee fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 22, 2022

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Evolve's script is, out of the box, designed more for the mid-game player. There's just far too many variables involved for it to be a catch-all type thing so requires constant tweaking based on what point of the game you're at.

The 'trigger' settings are especially powerful to make everything more efficient.

I poked around at the trigger settings menu and couldn’t figure it out at all. I figured I’d shelve it until I really needed it.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Evolve Idle question.

I'm going for my first black hole reset, so I'm experiencing all this interstellar and hell stuff for the first time. I seem to be stuck though, how do I unlock missions to the white dwarf and black hole? The wiki isn't helpful, is it just time? Is it some resource accumulating? Do I need to research Virtual Reality? I really have no idea how to progress this interstellar section of the game.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Ok, thanks. I was hesitant to buy the soul gem techs because those soul gems are so valuable and the wiki didn't indicate they were requirements. I'll buy up the soul gem researches then.

Edit - Looks like the exact answer to "what triggers neutron star mission and black hole mission?" is to research energy shields, as soon as I researched that they both popped.

Jester Mcgee fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

I started playing Immortality Idle and I love it. I was already into cultivation novels, and the idle genre seems perfect for that sort of story. But I'm going to hold off and play it in a bit when there's more content. Once I started doing the ascensions I started to suspect that there wasn't anything really to build up towards yet, and that squashed any interest to play.