Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sage Grimm posted:

If you complete one challenge tier, it asks if you wish to continue to the next one. Or some setting to let it it continue until you Quit Challenge manually. I'd certainly do more No Rebirth if that were the case.

One idea I had would be to give them ALL a time limit and the challenge is to get as far as possible with the handicap before the time runs out. Not sure how that’d actually feel in practice, though, might be overly stressful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

No I took the mystery prize, and can't get the AP now as a result.

Someday there will be a titan that you need all the daycare kitties to defeat and the foolish AP-takers will regret their words and deeds.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Xtanstic posted:

NGU

Just beat UUG for the first time and unlocked beards. It took a 5 day rebirth to get me up to speed. I just want to make sure I do everything I need to do before falling back into rebirth cycle. Farm one of each of his rings and then hop back in the tube to rebirth?

When you get all the rings check to see if they’re enough to break into the next zone, they’re crazy good. I... think I did this but it’s been a while.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

Right now my bosses are far enough ahead of my adventure that I have access to 3 zones and a Titan that I can't touch.

This is normal. Heck, I had 2 untouchable titans at one point. Pumping bosses is still good for getting the time machine multiplier up.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vil posted:

I was like three weapons past the point it was useful by the time I finally maxxed it out. :smith:

There's something strangely depressing about getting a really rare drop and thinking "my god, this changes everything" and then later that day getting a standard zone drop that is twice as good.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I not only wear my multiply-ascended pendant but also a separate one of every lower tier as well, like a deranged pendant bandit.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

To be honest, im not looking forward to sadistic difficulty at all.

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

I don’t think it’s for the average player.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I posted earlier about not seeing the problem with sniping items in NGU's adventure mode but now I'm at Chocolate World and boooooy I see the issue now. Barely squeaking by a win of a new floor is a really triumphant feeling but it immediately dissipates since the only reward is "okay, now if I do that 199 more times it is statistically likely I will have received an item by then". And the drop rate needs to be that low so that it takes time to level the set up, which is fine, but man am I feeling that low drop rate when grinding for that initial lvl 1 set. And the stats I need to idle the area are still so far away that it's just so tempting to headbutt the brick wall.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Neverending Legacy had promise but I guess Evolve kinda took that ball and ran with it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

something posted:

I showed them pics of the most butt-like icons and told them the game says naughty words like poo poo and crap, they did with that info what they will.

They basically check i got the steam api stuff working to their satisfaction and isnt like, a virus i guess.

The swat team is on their way. Arrested for butt crimes.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aurora posted:

lmao, jerma was playing your game today on stream 4g

It's amazing how well it went, I was really worried chat'd eat him/the game alive but he managed to make it fun to watch a guy watch a number. That's like the third time Jerma's done that, I should stop doubting him.

It was also neat to see the pacing at the start of the game again. It's a nice, steady stream of new stuff before the forest -> caves boss grind slows the pace down.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
All the fruit-related perks make a big difference. What a Crappy Perk is good as the first "big" purchase, it gives you a steady source of poop for your pomegranate, improving fruit leveling tremendously. First Harvest and Want Your Seeds will boost that even further, and then the knowledge fruit perks will turn that into your best source of Exp. You'll want to go for You'll Really Want This sometime in between getting those, you'll have to judge for yourself when you're up to sacrificing all other perk growth to save up, ideally when you've got a fresh 10-level milestone to start it off.

Don't do like I did and neglect the boring generic perks, though. All the E/M perks are good, Boosted Boosts will help power not just your equipment but also your cube, and put a couple points into Golden Showers whenever you feel like you want more gold. Crappy Perk is the only expensive one I feel is worth saving up for during those early stages.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Siamang posted:

I'm playing this on Kongregate and all of the bosses after 151 are still the question mark images even though the game is listed as build 1.000 -1. Anyone else encountering that?

You need to start Evil mode for them to start showing as actual bosses. The descriptions should probably change to account for that, it confused me too.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blattdorf posted:

What's Arcanum? Googling it only brings up the old RPG Arcanum.

As for NGU, I like it a lot. It reminds me of Idling to Rule the Gods in terms of interface, but it's so much more than that, thankfully. I'm a big fan of paradigm shifts and there always seems to be something new to work towards.

By the way, is there a way to send a dollar or two without buying anything specific? I don't want to get AP boosts or anything like that because I don't play idle games to skip ahead by any means. Cosmetics, on the other hand, are most welcome.

You could buy the player fashion pack and promise to only use that AP on the Daycare Kitty art?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can mouse over the title of the zone on the adventure screen to get extra info, including the auto kill thresholds.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Are those actually two up arrows or is that a formatting thing, because now I really want a game that just goes absolutely ham with up-arrow notation.

What idle game has the largest numbers? It honestly feels like there’s still plenty of unexplored wild math territory out there.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Omi no Kami posted:

Can I safely trash the ring of apathy once it hits 100? I'm really unclear whether autokill requires it in my inventory, or just maxxed out in the item list.

Autokill only needs it to be maxed out, it's okay to trash once it's 100 and you have enough stats to casually autokill.

I still keep it in my inventory as a memento like a doofus.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

Do I need to actually boost my red heart to get its bonus or does having it at lvl 100 give me the full amount?

It gives the full amount, and equipping it won't increase it. I still boosted it for the drop chance bonus, personally.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Red mayo: hot sauce + mayo
Green mayo: olive oil + mayo
White mayo: ranch + mayo
Black mayo: dark chocolate + mayo
Bleu mayo: Bleu cheese + mayo

I do hope the mayo types aren’t just mere colors and have some stupid theming like this. Casting cards with poo (brown) Mayo. Or that all the colors used are weird. There’s so much potential for dumb poo poo!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I laughed at a ton of those so you’re definitely on the right track. It’s actually the simpler ones that get to me the most on average. There’s just something about the simplicity of “limitless potato”.

quote:

Bob's Dubious Nut

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

something posted:

isnt it mexican? and hence why i made the icon like the mexican flag?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

You’re using the correct dark green so yeah you’re fine. I say keep it because I want to see people arguing about it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I used Talk to Transformer to fix the lack of flavour text:

quote:

Magic the Gathering flavor text for *CARD_NAME*: "
=

something posted:

"These tasty French toast rolls will rock your world."

"It's like walking into a Stormwind Candy Store."

"I wonder if any of you collectors have ever had the chance to play with this... thing?"

"Immortal. Feared. He who stands before us is the devil... And he will kill us all."

"Please view my tattoos."

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Facts:
- No card in the game is more iconic than Slick, Chunky Granny.

FACT.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I just realized the stars are from him cracking his knuckles and not from him wearing a shirt with a stylish star-patterned collar.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

That's how floating point works, you have so many places values, and you are shifting more and more in front of the decimal instead of after.

It happens in any idle game when you near the extreme end, it's why many idle games add extra resets at this point, which are lame and feel forced.

Should make that part of the lore as The Traitor messing with you imo

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

something posted:

not a bug but i guess there's a lack of a setting for what you want. IIRC autokill for versioned titans just finds out the best version you can AK and just plain does it, without a way to say "hol' up i wanna try a manual kill of the next V"

Odd, that’s not how it works in my experience. For me it’ll only AK lower Titan versions when offline or upon reload, and keeping it on a un-autokillable setting will indeed keep it from killing a lower version. I’m not sure why that’s not working for them.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

I started using it recently and i think there's some mistakes with it. I'm just at the chocolate world and it's telling me i should equip the grey and pink hearts but, from what I've read, i can't even buy these until i beat the next titans in evil.

You can manually disable items you don’t own, which you should do for the hearts. You can set the exact levels, too.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just got cards so I'm getting dangerously close to ~the end of content~, though the hump to get to rad-lands looks like it's going to take a long-rear end time so maybe not.

Also saving up for the wish slot quirk is the most painful thing I've done in this game yet, just having to restrain myself from buying all the nice quirks I could afford in their entirety in return for getting the massive one I spent ages saving for.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Francis posted:

Wishlist for The End of NGU:

- Everything hardcapped. No number can, in fact, go up. I'm not sure how far to go with this, since banks would have to hit 100%, there'd have to be a blood bank, and a wish to not consume blood when casting a spell (which honestly would be a pretty cool abiliity in general at low %s)

- Macguffin macguffin and Cooking macguffin.

- All the final equipment should be the same color. All of them, even the cube and all accessory slots. I don't know if insanely powerful items (that do nothing useful, since everything's capped) or an entirely cosmetic Designer Lounge-wear set (that does nothing at all) would be better.

- A completely pointless bonus for a complete item list.

My overly-wishful wishlist:

- For the finale to be as epic and/or stupid as possible.

- The final boss involves all the different features in some way, for example having to switch on specific beards/augments at once.

- A final ability to equip every single item in your inventory at once for a big mondo attack.

- Gradually sacrificing all of your progress a la Nier (okay not really this is a godawful idea but I can’t help but imagine it)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Check your upgrades (there's one that boosts your coin production and a second that boosts mythos production based on total transcensions that will give you boosts of 1e30 and 1e6 respectively if you set your transcension amount to -1 and leave the game sit for a while), check your achievements (anything with a purple background you think you can do easily is worth doing), and then spend your offerings. One or more of those should do the trick and get you spurred forward.

I think I've done all of that and the last two challenges are still roadblocks, and my mythos growth stalls out around 1e130 so the last mythos upgrade is out of reach too.

Cripes it's annoying being unable to automate those last 2 crystal upgrades. I'm getting pretty close to reincarnating so I guess I could just wait for that?

E: lol I got to the reincarnation threshold as I was posting this.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Reincarnation did nothing for completing those challenges oh my god I just want those 3rd completions give me a break

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Congrats, now that you have reached reincarnation you have unlocked research which will ease and eventually end the transcendence challenge pains you've been having. Make sure to pick up the automatic obtainium gain research as soon as you can, knock the timer to minimum, and buy the tax researches as that will push your progress massively.

With the update I finally managed to finish the third reincarnation challenge, but I still have to wait for the promised anthill. The game wasn't kidding when it said the new researches are expensive goddamn, doesn't help I hosed up and spent my quarks poorly.

What are the good quark purchases? I'm getting those "the exciting options are way worse than the boring ones" vibes.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the help and/or purchasing suggestions, yall. I suddenly exploded from e130 mythos to e190 and I haven't the slightest idea why but I'll take it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The anthill thing is great because like, you’re creating particles that create the universe and apparently you’re going to go from that to squishing ants in an anthill. That’s some NGU-level thematic progression out of nowhere.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
As most of you know, Kongregate.com was first created in 2006. The gaming industry has changed a lot since then! For instance, no one plays games anymore. Therefore, we will be rolling out several changes to the website in response to this exciting development.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
NGU Titan 9 spoilers:

:woop::woop::woop:

I knew I could do it, yeaaaaaa!! Like hell I needed 100 Sp toughness, you idiot wiki

I didn't get a single actual V4 drop :eng99:

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 5, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cobalt60 posted:

Grats - what helped close to gap from Rad-Lands to that kill? I just maxed the Rad set and it seems like everything is kinda leveling off and not producing much change anymore.

Only things I can think of are that my cube is kinda poo poo and also I've never done a MacGuffin run (which I don't totally understand anyway). Any other things to consider?

Spending my ~400,000,000 XP a day mostly on Adv stats was the main source, as well as finishing all the Dual Wielding & Adv. Stat perks/quirks/wishes (except for Adv Perk III, that one's still a tall order) and leveling up Looty/pendant. I'm also on an 8-day long rebirth following a, like, month-long triple-beta-potion rebirth so my adv training has had time to build. No idea if rebirths that long are actually optimal, but it got my wishes sorted out at least. I dunno what a macguffin run is, all I've really done with guffins is giving the adventure guffin all my love and attention and first-slot-priority since I got it.

Here's my stat breakdown:

And here's my equipment:

E: Also worth mentioning that you really need to get lucky with their attacks; they need to antler or start charging during the unavoidable period that block, gaze and megabuff are all off cooldown.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 6, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just started Sadistic and... how exactly am I ever supposed to afford like... any of the perks? I was assuming sadistic would be a really big jump in my PPP but it just... wasn't. Loading up after sleeping through the night, I did some tests to determine what my current PPP from a full 24 hours of idling looks like:
  • Normal = 36,329pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn equipment = 60,325pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn equipment and pill = 133,316pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn, pill, AND maxed-out base-PPP quirk = 527,014pp a day
Under best conditions, it would take me over a week just to afford one level of a million-pp perk. Even with the base-PPP quirk maxed out I only make half a million after 24 hours under the absolute best conditions and ignoring NGUs/everything else. Is there going to be equipment or something that makes this in any way feasible? I'm looking at 19 days just to max a single one of Evil's final generic EM perks and I'm balking at it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
You're supposed to keep every Looty/Pendant level so you can make a pretty rainbow with them.

The lack of a Looty with a lilac background :negative:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm breaking into Sadistic's first adventure zone and one thing I'm wary about: is any equipment from here on out going to introduce anything new to the table? Since cards don't have any equipment stats Wish Speed is still the last one introduced. And the last non-accessory equipment with an unusual stat was the hat of greed giving gold drops, everything else just provides some combo of E/M/3 P/C/B. It's possible there could be new features introduced later that add new stats but since so many zones/equip sets are in the game now that all might be set in stone already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't think anyone's tried to make the Bad Rats of idle games yet.

...that would really be a sight to behold though. Building income values and upgrades that were randomly generated on loading the game, I guess?

To be the Bad Rats of idle games the number gain would have to be physics-based in some fashion. And the game to be so laggy that the physics barely work.