Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Class act, that 4g.

This grind for the GM set is ginna take a while, isnt it? Least I can run wishes while things are going, and I dont have to babysit constantly.

Thanks for starting the new thread BTW. I'll have to try some of these games,out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Don't just dismiss criticisms out of hand you idiots. 4G can defend himself.

Getting into sadistic for a little while and there's not much to do besides farming PP/QP, casting cards and repeating. New zones pop up once in a while, but it is still slow going.

I do know this latest Looty and Pendant are the last last ones, and upgrading them appears to produce something needed for the "end" of NGU. I also hear that 4G might at least eventually put in a feature for IH, which I would love as it might give me something else to toy with.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Great. More people bitching about Sadistic. Way to ruin a good thing man.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

It's simple really. Sadistic is a grind as it is now, and more time ought to be put into making it less so. It sucks the fun out of the game and is going to make people less inclined to see whatever ending you have planned for NGU.

Leaving several things as unfinished or as "features not bugs" (wish timers, hardcaps) is not encouraging.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

All idle games are a grind. That's literally the genre.

Yeah, a grind is at the heart of a lot of idle games, but at least NGU had new systems to unlock as you went through the game. In sadistic, not so much. It's a lot of the same stuff you were doing at the end of evil, except slower and more painful.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Stuck on Distance Incremental. I've gotten Elementary reset unlocked and a lot of things to fiddle with. What's the best combo to push forward?

Also, on Return of Hero, I've gotten factions unlocked, but doing missions fails to give them experience. How do I level them up?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
So NGU Industries is dead in the water apparently. Anyone know any other good Steam Idle games? I like stuff where new features unfold and add new layers to the game. I'm currently running Idling to Rule the Gods, but any others would be appreciated. Thanks.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Stop the presses, Synergism just dropped v.2.9, AKA the Reality Update part I. Seems like
the corruptions got simplified. So I need to retweak those now and finally get those sweet Platonic Cubes...

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
So I'm playing evolve and got past my first MAD reset, and the Plasmids are definitely helping things move at a faster clip. Still, knowledge in this run and the first run seems like a bit of a bottleneck. Is there any way to get around it, besides Technocracy and building powered Wardenclyffes?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

WTFBEES posted:

Yeah, that part I've done but it doesn't seem to level up your existing uniques. I assume you need to farm up a whole new one but lol gently caress that.

I think the "LVL: 0" is a visual bug. No need to farm up new uniques, the Forgotten Arts tab will let you do that. Check the tooltip and you will see levels there make your uniques have better stats.

Another thing that may not be clear: Farm up elites as high as you can. You will get items that give you memories as well as research points, and also increase your base research per second significantly.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

What does Equipment Band even do? I've avoided buying it because the description is incomprehensible.

It basically tells you the numerical item rating of an item in your inventory or on your character, which is based on the stats and rarity of the item. It will also be a green number if the rating is better than the equipment you have on currently, and red if its worse. Useful if you need to find better equipment among a pile of drops in your inventory.

Of course, the overall rating doesn't take into account the nature of the item bonuses on the item, so compare the items a little closer if you don't want to swap out a particular item bonus you wanted.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Five hours have finally passed:

https://ivark.github.io/AntimatterDimensions/

Gotta play from the start myself, but I expect there will be quite a bit of content.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Part of me acknowledges that paywalling a feature and not giving a good way to grind currency out as a Bad Thing...but another part of me feels, I don't know, "allergic" to the "fanbase" response?

I think it stems from a Flash game I played a while back, where the devs introduced a lockbox with a premium, and the playerbase *freaked* over it. We're talking thread after thread, and endless bitching about the devs being like EA (because of course).The devs eventually relented on it, but I feel like the damage was done in my mind. Devs made a bad call, and the players ended up looking like whiny babies to me.

Not to mention there seems to be a group of people with an axe to grind against the IdleOn Dev because they got banned or something. And the usual rumors getting pushed around as fact we might be seeing in this very thread. It's a mess. Maybe I'll take a break or something lest I get wrapped up in idle game drama of all things.

(Not the dev.)

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
In a shocking turn of events, Farmer Against Potatoes Idle finally released an update where the farmer can farm things. It's apparently separate from the potato battling portion for a bit, but the dev has apparently put features in that will impact later in the game.

From the little bit I've got so far, you basically plant a crop, wait for it to grow, and reap the plant to get "Healthy Potatoes". Every game turning into Antimatter Dimensions eventually seems to hold here, as higher level plants grow the lower level ones. Manually growing and harvesting will let you upgrade the plant yield and speed though. After a bit of growth you can apparently prestige for "Fries" to get more upgrades, and the dev recommends getting 30-50 Fries on your first prestige to get the "Auto" farming option.

Just released today so there may be changes made eventually, but apparently there's also a multiplayer event in the works...

In addition, USI is on Steam now, and should be released on the 27th per Discord: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2471100/Unnamed_Space_Idle/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
As a little heads up, per a Discord announcement Farmer Against Potatoes Idle will be dropping a big content update today or tomorrow. A lot of it will apparently be for mid to late game players (Ascension 12 and up), but it does include a new system, some more upgrades and the start of World 8.

The Farming update felt nice, and I'm getting it to a point where it interacts more with the main game. The whole game feels more...cohesive, I suppose is the word?...than Wizard and Minion Idle to be honest.