Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

E: oops new thread I guess.

NGUidle:

My PC poo poo the bed and I had to reformat it. I redownloaded kartridge but it can't find a cloud save for me even though that was working just fine before I reformatted? I tried my kongregate account and it has a cloud save but it's 120 days old, probably from the last time I played in the web browser.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Popping in after like a year or something. Any new hotness? I played the gently caress out of NGU until I lost my year old save file and didn't feel like starting over.

Any new neat stuff to check out?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cool, I'll check those both out. I'm always open to other suggestions as well. It seems lik epeople are still talking about NGU so now I' mbummed I lost my save again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Glad he's still making money at it! I was hear when he first was able to turn it into an actual living wage job, which is still pretty neat.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Only check in with this thread periodically but I love idlers. I played NGU for over a year before a computer crash issue/reformat made me lose all my progress so I quit.

I"m only just now hearing that there is another Something game on the way. Is it anywhere near release yet or just early development? It's probably been asked before, apologies, but I didn't see it in the brief scan I did.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm playing incremental adventures and I feel like I could be way more effective when my auto-prestige mechanics are activating.

I'm up to prestige 6 and now it's set to prestige on 'medium' floor changes prioritizing higher prestiges first when I can get a x100 multiplier or better. But it doesn't seem to work particularly well given how long it's taking. Anybody have insight?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've been having fun with quepland 2, I don't know how much content there actually is in the game yet but I love the combination of traditional RPG sort of mechanics and idle games.

It's really fun to explore for some reason.

It is a so-called active idler though, which means you aren't going to be setting it up for overnight runs, just treat it like a chill paced browser RPG =P

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've been hungry for a good idle game and started played Evolve which seems cool, but tbh I kinda want to revisit NGU.

I only have one problem, and maybe somethingggg or somebody else can help.

I played NGU for over a year and had almost all the cash shop things, so starting over isn't just the time investment but it's also the hundred bux or w/e I spent on that game over the year I played it.

Is there a way somebody could share a save file with me that had that poo poo on it so I didn't have to rebuy it? Or maybe Somethingggg could whip something up, idk. There is probably more in the cash shop than there was when I was playing as things kept getting added, but still.

Otherwise I'll probably start from nothing on steam anyway and then slowly spend even more money on the game because I have horrible impulse control.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nothing on Kong.

I played on Kong originally, then moved to kartridge, played on kartridge for awhile, had to reformat my computer and lost my kartridge save. My kongregate save at that time was 120 days old (made a post about it in this thread), but as you can see now kongregate has nothing at all.

Cropped to include my username to show I was logged in.

I don't have any like, proof I spent money on the game beyond posts in the old thread about doing so? If nobody can do anything than that's just the way it's gonna be but I thought I'd ask.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay that taught me that I have 2 kongregate accounts and that I was logged into the wrong one. The right one has a save file for me (though I'd rather just start over because I forgot wtf I was doing anyway and it's already months behind my furthest spot so w/e) and also this history of shame.

I need two pictures...

It stops in february but I played until August. I'm assuming anythign I bought through kartridge would have also registered in kongregate? But maybe not.

Getting a save file I could use with steam that was just a fresh file with all that poo poo back in would be the bees knees.

And yeah I do have the cloud save on the (other) account (I didn't remember I had)

E: I suppose i could cheat engine exactly the AP I was missing or w/e, but I don't know how to do that.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 27, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks for the offer, sent you a DM on discord.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Evolve:

Is there a benefit to using trade routes or craftsman to trade/make tier 2 poo poo instead of just mashing the 'sell/make all' button?

I know there are challenges that force you to do it but I didn't know if you could actually get a better value ratio by using them or if they were just there to help with automation.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I only just re-unlocked challenges in NGU, is it just me or are there alot fewer of them now? I mean individual completions, not types of challenges. I seem to remember alot of these being 20+ completions to get all the rewards. This is great.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Good job goons, peer pressure is cool :ocelot:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So there are like, multiple tiers of resets in evolve, the first one is just nuking yourself but I guess the softcap for the currency you get is only like 200 ish, then I can spend it on upgrades or try and push to the next prestige level?

I'm not real sure what I should attempt, any hints?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Buying whatever with my plasmids while keeping them above 300 or w/e?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I do remember that you eventually get such a huge AP bonus that buying AP becomes more and more affordable, which feels a little weird. Did they ever make it so that you got a bit of bonus AP if you bought a pack early and then had a big AP bonus later?

E: Evolve is really cool but it might be too active for me? I feel like I can't leave it alone for more than 10 minutes without it stalling out completely on progress. Does that ever change?

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 1, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do you have a suggestion for a good one? I never would have played that much trimps without auto trimps.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do iactually run th escript? trimps was done through grease monkey but this TMVictor doesn't seem to give any direction on how to actually run the script he made.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I must be missing something obvious. I have grease monkey to run scripts, I have this website with the script https://github.com/TMVictor/Evolve-Scripting-Edition

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to install this script to greasemonkey, I'm looking for some singular user.js file or something, but I don't see anything obvious on the github page?

E: Nvm figured it out

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 1, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

For other people who might be having the same trouble I guess. The page I linked is the page that runs the scripting edition of evolve, it is not itself a script to run. The script was the page linked by a kind goon up thread, I needed to use that one.

Now for trying to understand how it works and finding the level of active play I find engaging I basically want to be free to engage with it every 15-30 minutes and not in a major microintensive way, just making big decisions like what researches to get next and what building to maybe focus on.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 1, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I kinda assumed that a random race from a given group (in Evolution) wouldn't give me repeats until I had done each race at least once.

APPARENTLY NOT.

Thank god there is a soft reset button so I can roll the dice again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

E: sorry double post.

Yeah I ended up soft resetting and just going down a different path to get a different result. Ultimately it's whatever but it still seems rather odd.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Weird glitch in Evolve. I can't build medium houses in this run. I can spend materials on them, it takes my materials but doesn't increase the number of houses and doesn't give me population.

I can probably still make it to MAD but gosh that better fix itself next run or I'll have to quit.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Speaking of ngu current content, with the new project being worked on is NGU idle done being updated or is there plans for one more patch and thats it or something? Has it been said?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

legends of idleon desperately needs to tell you which storage upgrades you've already used on a per character/account basis.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I'm thinking for idleon it's probably best to make some pure harvesters right after you hit a boss. You get extra keys for each character you get to a boss so it makes sense to at least get that far. I'm betting a similiar mechanic will exist for bosses added in the future so I'd expect to use respec potions to jump back and forth from harvesters to combat focused character in a sort of leap frog action.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I can reliably beat the first boss now but my accuracy on my dude is so bad, it feels like only land 20% of my shots which makes the fight a MISERABLE slog, certainly doesn't make me want to grind it out everyday until I can kill it in a fifth the time.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I guess I should probably look up some drop lists or something if there are rare drops out there I should try for to increase overall power. Stamps for instance seem pretty important.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I reached the second zone, where do I unlock the second class?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay thanks, I'm still taking a bit too much chip damage from the second map's monsters so I guess I'm still a little ways off, have to find ways to eke out more defense then.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I think the only in-game change is you avoid browser throttling and ads. Otherwise it's support and achievements.

is it any good?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is 100% into the center skill on the class tree better than the warrior/archer double hit skills? Seems like double damage would be pretty good.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Wow it's taking awhile to kill these crabs to unlock the secondary class. I can't imagine how painful that'd be at 500. KNowing that I can just share them afterwards is making it easier though since basically all of my characters are waiting on that second class at this point.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

yeah I'm really enjoying the game actually except I'm looking at how much content there currently is and I'm a bit worried about hitting a wall where I wait for updates, which is never fun in an idle game

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So whats the deal with barbarians in idleon that makes the thread like them? They have one skill that pulls enemies toward them which seems really nice but it also heals the enemies and every other skill they have seems painfully lackluster? What am I missing?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You can dodge it if you're basically as close as possible to the leg, my warriors do it automatically since they're so short range but my archers/mages it's harder to get in that space (because the character controls are frustratingly imprecise).

So i tend to just run away with those classes to be safe.

Don't bother dodging the lightning balls either, they don't hit hard enough to be worth worrying about, just bring some food and they will never kill you on their own.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Idleon:

Will you be able to change your subclasses later? I have 2 warriors with enough levels to get to the subclass but it feels dumb to pick two barbarians? Should I pick the other one even though it says it's non-functional simply because I won't be able to change it later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

look just lol if you don't have 5 different chrome windows (not tabs, WINDOWS) open, one for each idle game you play

This but unironically.

My big problem with idleon, and maybe it's just me, is that it inevitably crashes something in my video driver after I leave it open for awhile. The computer will still work I just have to refresh all my tabs/games, but if I try to go and play any modern games which use my graphics card (not like some 2d indie stuff or w/e) then they crash out because whatever underlying process is still busted!

This only happens when I keep idleon open which is quite odd.