Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Oodles posted:

I hopped into their discord and posted my savelog, turns out I hadn’t completed my cold side. I’m all good now.

If somebody else is having trouble, start your superconducting coolant reaction by dragging the slider all the way to the left. After you finish all the plants you should be able to produce 150 energy. Then the unlocks cascaded in for me. It's the only time I've needed to touch a slider so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
For all the plants, I babysat the planters one at a time. First to get one unit of pureEssence(Elem) to upgrade the mixer, and then to get one unit of pure(Elem) to upgrade your basic element makers. After that, getting more seeds ups your production of plants, and when you have enough stockpiled you get into a stable production loop, so you can just alternate using the second and third options in the planters to reach that stage. And your garden should be turned off eventually as well.

And for the fire plants, I'd stockpile my essenceF and then just fire up Blast to make a bunch of seeds at once. I think you can just turn off Blaze completely for that part?

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Alkahistorian

I have gotten the pure earth/water/air essence to upgrade the Mixer 3 times to get Alkahest ratio to 0.250. I am assuming upgrading it with the Pure Fire gets rid of alkahest need entirely ?

Getting pure air was easy, earth was easy'ish, water was ok but took loving forever.

Pure Fire, however, i am simply unable to earn. The things i need to get it is consumed by prior nodes in the production chain but if i shut those down i will lack other things i need. I suppose i could cap them then turn them off, i.e. babysit the whole thing. Is that the intended way? Its really not my style at all to sit and actively play an idle game, at least not for the many hours this process would take.
You get Fire like you did with Earth, alternating using the second and third reactions on your fire planter. The thing is, you don't need to keep Blast on. Max you Sulphur and turn that off. Stockpile some EssenceF, turn Blast on and off again and you'll get your fire seeds. The longest bit is to get 3-4 FireSeeds before you can start producing plants, after that it takes maybe 30 mins to get your fire plants reaction in a stable loop. Get to 107 FireSeeds then let the pureFire trickle in.

Ineptitude posted:

I also upgraded the 4 basic element nodes, starting with upgrading the earth one with pure earth (iirc), which let me upgrade the water one, then the air one then the fire one then back to the earth one for its final upgrade.
However having maxed out the earth node and have gotten the other 3 nodes up 1 more upgrade has done nothing at all for the speed at which i gain, well, everything. Why? I thought at the base level everything was based on the speed of the 4 basic element nodes.
It's more about turning more stuff on a the same time, in my experience. The speed up mechanic is through the Rabbit Hole, really.

Ineptitude posted:

I also could max out the alkhaest node by affording the upgrade that cost 1,2e8 of each basic element. This also practically did nothing. Its alkahest cap is lower than the previous skill and it costs more, so what is the purpose of it?
If you have 1e8 base elements, the other reactions are going to max you Alkahest instantly, triggering an explosion. You need 24 Alkahest to catalyse some reactions, and when you have a lot of the base elements, the third reaction is the only way to build up to it. Stops at 41 too, so you don't have to monitor it.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

For Earth, Air, Water i used the node in the bottom left that uses pure essence but gives a ton of the same element soil, its not a positive loop but it results in speeding up the pure essence gain if you are capped on seeds, however this doesn't work at all for fire. Trying this there only resulted in losing all my seeds and all the pure essence i had gained so far, setting me back a full day. Good fun.
That's how I did it though. Turn on the Plucker for a bit to get some pureEF and then SoilFire, turn it off again and turn on the Leaf Trimmer instead to get essenceF and make seeds. Switch back to the Plucker when your SoilFire amount gets a bit low and you should make progress. After you make your initial 4 seeds, you can turn off the Mixer immediately and just make your essenceF with the Leaf Trimmer, it'll free up a bunch of Fire to keep your Lava topped up. You should be able to turn off the Garden and Compressor right then as well, but sometimes you miscalculate and burn through all your SoilFire and need them back on for a bit. Blast literally only needs 0.5 Sulphur at a time, you'll max your seeds long before you run through your stockpile.

All the plants except Air can be a bit fiddly for different reasons, but I don't think I ever had as much trouble as you seem to be. Is there one ressource you're running out of somewhere?

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Garfu posted:

Odd it's not open source and he minifies the code but then makes the save so easily editable.

edit: as opposed to needing to use a base64 converter or something.
Pretty sure it's a Vue app, which bundles stuff in a not very readable way.

Also seems to have broken on Edge a few builds ago when it was working fine before. :shrug:

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Pretty sure minifying is the default behaviour when compiling Vue projects with single file components, like Arcanum has. Not minifying would actually require extra configuration. Okay it would be like one extra line of code, but the dude probably just hasn't thought about it what with updating the game 45 times a day...

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Garfu posted:

I haven't actually used vue for anything so it sounds like you'd know more, I'm just comparing the two projects that both use vue. The evolve guy keeps his code public https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve and not minified and the arcanum guy does the opposite. I just thought it was funny his saves are so easily editable but his code is so obfuscated.
Well, it's the default behaviour in both cases, basically. Doesn't bother to not minify, doesn't bother with save encryption. ;)
Here's a repo with an example for single file components, if you wanna see. You write a .vue file that mixes html, css and js. Then it's compiled and the finished product in the web browser looks like it was written by a robot... because it was. When you see stuff like <div data-v-77ff9adc=""> it's a good giveaway because no sane human being would write that.
The Evolve guy just links to vue.js in a script tag and has all his html templates in the one html file. It's still vue, but organised differently and doesn't need any pre-processing.

Um. Sorry about the digression. I've just been plodding along in Structure and don't really have much thread relevant stuff to say... :blush:

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
The dungeons will help raise your stats but the story goal is to buy the supplies and continue on. Pots and lock picking are efficient ways to get mana. Long Quests aren't.

I always found the game way too slow personally. But you can open the console and set gameSpeed to whatever you want. ;)

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Oodles posted:

I cant get that to work in Chrome, is it F12? Where should I be looking?
Yeah, F12 and then the console tab. Literally just type gameSpeed = 5 (or whatever number) and the game speed is multiplied. Works for me on chrome with both versions of the game.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Crank and Mine Defense also have unfolding game systems if that tickles your fancy.
And the two Beep Boop Bitcoin games are quite fun, though they don't stick to the idle game formula for very long. I always thought Bitcoin Mining Profit Calculator: Gaiden felt like A Dark Room on acid. :cheeky:

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

RG is unplayable on mobile. There are no good builds that work offline at any point in the game.
The big issue with RG iirc is that offline and idle aren't the same thing and you have to leave your phone on with the game open to get the 'open in a different browser tab' progress.

However he said he played through Soda Dungeon and that game has the exact same issue. So maybe he doesn't mind?

A lot of idle games on mobile are mindless and super greedy unfortunately. $10 for no ads!?

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
What's bothering me I think is that the game was incremental but not very idle before reincarnation. But after you should just leave it overnight to come back to a big pile of obtainium in the morning. I'm at 1e100 particles and it's very much a "check it twice a day" kind of game now.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

egg tats posted:

in ordinal markup, am I missing something?

I've got 21 OP, one completion of challenge 1, and it was going to take me 4 hours for my next boost
I'm trying challenge 1 again and I'm just.. waiting for it to go from e221 to e223? I'd do challenge 2 but that seems impossible to do with what I've got?

does this game ever get... good again? am I just getting lost because it isn't using comprehensible numbers?
It's just a really slow game. There's a chart to know what factor boost to be at before doing a challenge here. But it still takes ~10 hours to get to the next factor boost. Oh and also the booster upgrade that multiplies Tier 1 and 2 works with unspent boosters, so there's some upgrades you don't need when just trying to reach the next FB.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Lord Banana posted:

Fair enough. I'm still no where close to doing Cost++. Is it just a grind to there now?
Yeah at the end you basically just have to pump up your runes. Prism to 200 and dupe to 400 will get you the Cost++ challenge. And then there's not anything new to unlock before the next patch is released.

I find spending offerings quite annoying too. I don't usually leave tabs open in the background, I just go offline. But that doesn't work for auto spending offerings. Eh. I'm at the end of the current content anyway.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm getting hosed over by Sins I think. All my mana is basically draining out to less than nothing and I don't generate enough power to counteract it.
I finished the game and built the Spire to floor 60 and my mana is still at -100 forever with 1e4 craving. I don't know that there's a way to generate enough power to bring it down right now. I dunno if you can actually screw yourself over, everything I needed was still ticking away.

It's a lot shorter and more straightforward than AK3 but definitely scratches the same itch.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

eh, anyway, it looks like i'm one Spire step beyond the stated "end of game" so I think I'll just let it lie. Turns out that wood production was a blocker for the rice cooker, so I got some of those made and sold by killing all other stamina processes, so I felt like I "really" completed it at that point.

It's an interesting game - weirdly engaging and I'd try another version or sequel for sure. Thanks thread!
Have you played OG Alkahistorian stage 3? Nagshell's site
Stage 1 and 2 are way less complicated but interesting for lore purposes. Stage 3 is longer than the side stage and has a few weird gotchas but it's really good.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Okay, wait - what game is this then? I also thought it was The Last Alkahistorian at first glance (I'll second the recommendation, by the way,) but it sounded like you were talking about an entirely different game when I looked back at your post history...
There's stages 1, 2, 3 and a side stage. Stage 3 is the one with Alkahest in the middle. The side stage is the latest one, where you build a spire. All four games are part of the "Last Alkahistorian" series.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Ugh Discord. 30 years of internet and we've looped back to AOL chatrooms.

Anyway, anybody else gave Level 13 a try? It's pretty obviously inspired by the exploration element of A Dark Room and I wish I liked it more. As it is, it's really slow paced while also requiring active play, so a swing and a miss for me. I wanna say if Armory and Machine on mobile was your pace, this may be for you. Too grindy for me.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

frankenbeans posted:

I remembered to refresh Distance Idle earlier today. There is a now a sub-bit in Elementary called Theory, but I'm have a poo poo of a time trying to progress in it. Switching your fermions at the slow-downs can just about sneak you through, but I don't want to be doing that on repeat, it's not a very intuitive system.

From what I can see, Theory has some generic multipliers for Elementary stuff, a new buff tree and a thing called strings which is my current goal.

I finished Distance Idle today (got all achievements) and just sorta bumbled my way through Theories. All the upgrades boost one specific thing so you need to respec to boost the thing you're trying to upgrade right now. You also unlock more Higgs Boson upgrades and a third gluon button a bit later. Depth 7 is the max you can do right now and there's a tree build pinned in the discord to clear off the last few achievements at that point.

I never felt like I actually knew what I was doing. :v:

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
The discord says left knowledge, right cadavers. I kept plodding along with that setup so I didn't question it any further.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

Having trouble in Prestige Tree with the first Hindrance Spirit, "Boosters and Generator Power do nothing, Goal: 1.000e2,400 Points". Is it just the length grind it seems to be or is there a trick to it?I just don't see how you can get to the e120 points needed for T3 stuff when T2 does virtually nothing for you.
Buy more T3 upgrades and things before doing the hindrance. That's kinda the strategy for all of them, get enough stuff to jump to e200 away from the goal immediately and then let it sit.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Im stuck on the gears/machines part of Prestige Tree. Up to 1e83 and 2e58 respectively.

I barely get any progress, the next Space building upgrade or machine brick upgrade is multiple bricks away, the remaining few machine challenges are miles away.
I have tried a myriad of mastery building configurations and none are able to kick me past this stage.
I keep checking the various nodes to see if there are any upgrades i have missed, there are none.
It feels like i am missing something obvious.
I alternated between putting everything in building 2 and everything in building 3 and seeing what worked. There was however a big grind to get Imperium brick 22, which updates something, which makes it easier to get IB 23 and upgrade machines. That was the one big slowdown I encountered while bumbling my way to the endgame.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Having a pure incremental without the idle part was a refreshing take on the genre, but that whole guess which upgrade is best part soured me on the whole game. Im up to e270ish gears now with the next upgrade at e320 and again have hit a wall that presumably requires a specific set of master brick buildings.
I also hate the having to respec every 10 mins gameplay loop, but it does seem to boil down to maxing either building 3 or 2, then the other one, then building 1 with any bricks left over, rather than a very specific build.

Which makes it worse actually. I could see that kind of stuff working if you made a bit of a puzzle out of it, but once you find the correct build you never have to respec again.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Can someone recommend me the best paid idle/clicker game on steam? I can't decide between EF: Reclaiming the World or Idle Evolution and want to know if there's something better. I want it to be paid so I can just buy it and then work on finishing it.
Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden is delightfully weird. Should take 10-15 hours to finish everything (so not a years long time sink like NGU) and there's nothing that special about the gameplay IIRC, but the story bits are spot on. 80% off right now too!

That's the only clicker game I've ever bought though, so I can't help you with your dilemma.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Anyone got any tips on how to do basic Gnorp? Got it for my birthday, but not sure how to get past 9 spendable talents.

It's about finding synergies between the talents you have unlocked to make more progress.

Been a while but my endgame was all rockets and drones iirc. There's a talent for turning bullets into arrows and then you buy rocket arrows, that was really powerful.

Drones also get stronger with each time compression, so as you go you wanna buy at least five each cycle. The baby drones damage really ramps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Current endgame is sector 100.

I'm a bit iffy on the current 74+ content right now. It very much turned into progressing 1 sector every 3 days or so, with a lot of letting things build up.

The steam notes talk about a re-balance patch coming up soon.