Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I need to kill the priest again in NGU, but Exile is already unlocked. Does anyone know where I can find him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Arzaac posted:

2) The non-functional subclasses aren't completely non-functional; their family bonus still functions as normal, and they have exactly one talent available: the talent that gives you an additional talent point in your main class.

In the case of Warrior and Mage, picking a non-implemented subclass will actually be the exact same experience as picking the Barbarian or Shaman. The main build for both focuses almost solely on that exact talent.

Idleon reminds me of an MMO in the sense that progression seems purposely throttled to distract you from the fact that the end game isn't ready yet.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I seem to be stuck on ISOPOD level 23 on NGU Industries. No matter what I type in or do it won't go higher than that. is there something I am missing to advance?

Only criticism I have so far is that we go from a bland mud flat in tutorial island to an unappealing fleshworld. It would have been nice to have some visually appealing areas before jumping off the rails into the weirdness that is NGU.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Idleon is pretty idle at end game long if you purchase autoloot, but the game needs to be running while idle or you miss out on a ton.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Idleon has some drama going on. The game has always had a P2W element, but it was never too bad. Mostly things you could buy to speed up things you could do in game or small bonuses. You never felt you were missing out on something too huge.

He introduced a new currency you can't earn in game to do a gacha system where the chase item is absolutely game changing and broken. If you're lucky, you can get it first spin, but statistically a 50% shot of getting it is $270 and there are people who have spent way more than that. Idleon has been on top sellers on steam since the update came out, but his base is pissed off. Apple will probably remove the game because he has a link to buy it on Steam/Web since they won't allow it. Game is being played in markets where gacha systems are illegal. It's now the number one game tagged as gambling on steam and has tons of negative reviews.

I'm sure he doesn't care cause he made his money, but what a way to go out.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Crell posted:

Cleared two spots

Just started and applied as Malt. Understand if I'm too low though!

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
What attracts you to, and keeps you coming back to, your favorite incremental/idle game(s)?

- Interesting mechanics, unlocks, a feeling of progression, and goals to aspire to

How important do you think it is to have multiplayer elements in incremental/idle games?

- I would say multiplayer makes me less interested in an idle game.

Are you comfortable paying for an incremental/idle game?

- I am, until it becomes obviously money grubby. A pack when a new content patch comes out every few months? Sure. Boost and gatcha elements? I'll stop playing.

If yes: What kind of price point do you feel is appropriate?

- I think 10-20 bucks to unlock everything is my standard and I normally am willing pay. If I'm playing a game for years, like NGU, I don't mind grabbing a new pack as new content is released.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I think I realized why I'm falling off Gooboo. There is no choice to make in horde, there is very little choice in mining and the choice is there arbitrarily through certain zones not having certain minerals, village there some choice to start but becomes less so later on.

Combine the lack of choices with extremely slow gameplay, very shallow challenges, minimal automation, and no meaningful progression and you hit a point of not caring. Might be worth checking out a few months from now, but in its current state this game doesn't offer much beyond Adventure Capitalist in terms of gameplay or content.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
A new idle game came out today, https://web.idle-mmo.com

Similar to Ironwood, but I found it more enjoyable for some reason during the Beta. I didn't get very far though cause the reset was going to happen soon.

Referral code if anyone wants to give it a try: IMMO926

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

dipwood posted:

What in particular made you like it more than Idlewood?

I’m not sure why, but I bounced off idlewood hard. Perhaps I didn’t give it enough time, but it felt initially I was just afking to make stuff to afk more and there wasn’t much more to it.

With this one, the goals seemed clearer at the start and there felt like there was more to the gameplay loop. Combat fighting different things, server bosses, skills raising character stats, recipes and drops coming from combat. It just had more plates to spin right off the bat.

They are very similar though and someone with more experience with Idlewood may be able to say they are closer than I realize if I had given it more time.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Melvor is a lot of fun once it clicks. I'm at the point where I've completed the god dungeons and need to do into the mist. I think reading this guide and finally understanding why I was doing all the things is what turned it around for me: https://wiki.melvoridle.com/w/Combat_Guide

I highly recommend using the mod manager and snagging a few things.

SEMI Auto Farming
SEMI Auto Master
SEMI Drop Chances
Will I Die?
ETA

All those automate some of the annoying parts of gameplay or enhance the stuff that is already there.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

I fiddled with the concept of time with mods this weekend and I don't feel bad. Tried it two different ways:

Accelerating time with a little panel of buttons.

Kompressing time using the parallel processing afforded by "take different actions at the same time"

It's been really cool just doing the things at this game.

I did the same. Everything I need to do in Melvor right now is a huge time sink, but being able to do many things at once has revitalized the game for me.

Now gear is the limiting factor. So you still have to adjust things in most of the skills and prioritize what you want to do, but the skills that are mostly passive are always going and letting me play the game more.

Malt fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 18, 2023

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Lilli posted:

Do the expansions add stuff to the town because I have literally every building maxed and only get 1.5 mil an hour

Don’t think they do.

Are you keeping your population maxed? I think you have to keep feeding that and the income is based off that as well as town hall level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2666510/Rustys_Retirement/

has anyone tried this? Looks pretty well made graphically but not sure how much depth there is and it seems you can't fullscreen it even if you want to.

Its pretty shallow, but I'm having fun with it. The gimmick is entirely that minimalistic UI/space it takes, but it's charming and something simple.