Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I decided to play that bitcoin miner game because it sounded fun, but now I'm completely stuck.

The last thing I did was "resolve" the situation at TacoX (killing the protesters). There's nothing for me to do on the green or pink tabs, my money is steadily ticking into the negatives on the white, and I have no clue what the gently caress the command prompt tab is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Captain Foo posted:

I mean most of my posts were about realm grinder, I guess.

I never got the UI hate for it but I also didn't play before the redesign

Ghostlight posted:

I also started playing it after the new UI and found it totally fine and comprehensible. Certainly much more so than looking at the old pictures of some nightmare treasure chest.

:emptyquote:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Merijn posted:

I'm reduced to opening the game every two days, buying the most I can of whatever building, and bugging Orteil on Twitter if he's ever going to update this thing.

...Please tell me you're not actually doing that. There's a reason we only just got a mobile version at all a few months ago.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Merijn posted:

What do you mean? Is he explicitly delaying new stuff when people ask when it's coming? I just asked him once, I phrased that a bit awkward.

Sorry, from how you worded it, it sounded like you were frequently bothering him about it.

From what I've been able to gather, Cookie Clicker was basically programmed with computers in mind and nothing more. Porting it over to mobile devices isn't as simple as just dragging and dropping the code, Orteil is basically having to rebuild the entire game from the ground up. That's why we only recently got mobile CC, and also why an update for said mobile version isn't likely to come soon.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I'm itching to start a new idle game but all my searching is coming up fruitless, so I figure I'll go ahead and poll the thread to see if there's anything I've missed. For reference, I tend to prefer games that are more on the 'simple' side, like Cookie Clicker and Idle Mine Remix, and I literally cannot play mobile games cuz my phone doesn't have the space for them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

HungryHungryHobo posted:

I quickly realized how reliant I was on the Cookie Monster script the last time I played though. I keep missing golden cookies and it's rough. Really surprised he never added a notification/sound for it in the base game.

He did actually add a sound option, but it's a prestige update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Man, I was trying to replay Fill The Oceans, but it really does feel like it's abandoned. Tons of bugs, inaccurate displays, and I can't even run an autoclicker without the game freezing up. A shame, because I remember really enjoying it the last time I played it years ago.