Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Evolve has a new challenge in v0.4.39, Genetic Dead End.
It, uh. Looks painful. Hope the new perk is worth it.

Edit: Good news, it's a new species for the challenge. Bad news, it has every bad trait. :v:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Genetic Disaster's reward seems a good one, helps breeze through the early game that much faster.
...Though, I think I'm gonna have to give it another go at some point. See if there's an achievement for getting them to space and seeding a world.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Something I've noticed in Evolve: It seems that with enough morale bonuses (Morale at 100% or higher), the penalty for high taxes (riots) won't occur. Handy!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Seems there was a mystery update to evolve? Going to poke around, see what that might have been.
(Oh and a new challenge option that disables morale boosters. Ouch.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Antid are great. Antid with Ent-Fanaticism are great with an utterly ridiculous amount of stone once they get going.

But Imps with Antid-Fanaticism? :getin:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Aurora posted:

did anyone figure out what the ??? evolve update was

Wild guess: it might be related to the demons equivalent of hell-invasions? Will check next time I go hellworld.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

At the moment, that's about it. post bioseed it's more or less just cleaning up achievements for mastery points.

After that, well. Feats for completing difficult tasks, and finding the best species combo to get to and through space quickly. (Imp with Antid Fanaticism, Cyclops Space-Fanaticism looks like a strong contender)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

:woop: looks like the big update for evolve is here! Interstellar space travel, here we go!
(Also interdimensional travel. Changelog below.)

https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve/blob/master/changelog.md

Edit: Crispr upgrade to spend plasmids on removing racial traits? That'll be very helpful.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 20, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Factory money pretty much only matters for Balor, who can't trade and can really use the money.
(Whether this is actually helpful or not depends on whether or not there are soldiers ready to go a'lootin and a'pillagin for money that way.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Manual crafting is better for large quantities now, automated for more efficient use of resources. Handy for later craftables requiring expensive materials.
They get better crafting rates later on, and crafting automatically will cut down on resources being wasted from hitting the cap.

...But to answer your question, early on they're only really useful for overnight crafting. Somewhat worthwhile to have a person or two kept as crafters for each thing, but no more than that.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

five creeping vines here, a bit of alchemy there, endless mana potions all day long to zoom through learning skills

edit: one notable exception so far, herbalism. for that one it's huffing stamina potions to manually pick herbs to make more stamina potions, etc. better rate than mana potions/focus

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 25, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I can't tell for certain, but I have a suspicion that virtue and evil gain aren't exclusive.
"Rob people by night, treat their magical wounds by day and get paid for your trouble both times? Sure thing!"

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 25, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

listening to spirit whispers to write a book on understanding spirit whispers,
spending mana to get more mana,
just up and going to live in a cave and study rocks + shadow magic
summon minions and have no idea how to use them
try to adventure and get scared fighting a rock with high health, only to come back and realize its just a rock and cant hurt you
skip on wizard-apprenticeship fees and get a head start on necromancy

i'm not entirely sure what this game is, but there are a lot of things to poke and see what happens

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Could really use an autocast and a way to sort spells by type instead of element. Buffs/Combat Buffs/Summons/Attacks/Etc; especially later on.
Haven't even unlocked the fire/water/light branches and there's still too dang many to juggle.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

If all else fails in the search for space, getting rid of furniture that only raises skill caps can be safely removed once those new skill caps are reached; you won't lose any levels in the process.

Re classes: S'also Dark Magician, which might require offing the master, or might just require being evil in general. Did both and it worked out.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Bit too deeply enmeshed to remember how I unlocked the skills, but for ghost summoning you need
Spirit lore + Air lore

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Phelddagrif posted:

Why are people using spoiler bars for an idle game?

it's best to keep at least a bit of the wild nonsense there is to do a surprise

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Given my means of promotion, I feel taking on an apprentice of my own can only be a terrible idea great. Finally, someone to, uh. Sweep the floors I suppose?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For folks who haven't, make a note to refresh Arcanum now and then.
Took a while to notice since the changelog isn't being updated at this time, but the version number is indeed going up.
...Dunno what's different, but got some unholy candles and the numbers over the mana bars seem easier to read.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dunno what would cause research caps to skyrocket that far. Do know that libraries are down to size 75, and might carry more tomes than before.
(Also adventuring stats seem to have gone up quite a bit, so stats-per-level might've been buffed too.)

Edit: Further, bookcases have a limit of 20. I think they might've been uncapped before?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

decided to backup the save and reset, try doing things with a bit more intent this time than going for whatever class.
In the process, learned that it is apparently possible to become an apprentice without ever studying, but by simply absorbing knowledge from scrolls via osmosis.
All the arcane power of studying, absolutely none of the comprehension. :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For the time being, it seems to be the groundwork for a new mechanic in noncombat dungeons.
Though, the reward from those dungeons is working out weird.
Got five levels in herbalism and presumably the same in Nature given the mana/new spells despite having neither of them unlocked or Nature even an option to unlock just yet.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I see your resting/murder, and raise you

Ver.75 now. Codex Annihilus to make dungeon fights a bit easier, Expedient retreat to... Go back to dungeons below current wizard level (After running out of health/stamina) automatically? Guess we need an upgrade to do that now. :shrug:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 29, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ver.108 of Arcanum, we can now choose our choice of rest on the player tab, so if you'd prefer to automatically eat children or engage in ritual chanting instead of sleeping, that is finally an option

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ver.115 of Arcanum, In addition to the prior supplying of bodies and evil points, Murder now also relieves the stress of Frustration.
(Chanting also now relieves general stress at a slightly better rate than resting.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum, Ver.133: Potion users rejoice, as potions can now be used from the quickbar thus making them more useful by being less inconvenient.
Also the Spellcraft skill, which better have something good for the entry fee (5 Skillpoints)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum version Build#154: That lategame ichor from dungeons? We can make godsblood potions now. I have no idea what they do, but drinking one sounds like a really good idea.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum, Build#175: We have four elemental ring enchantments now. Recharge your fire/earth/air/water faster and get a boosted lorecap while you have 'em on. Handy.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum, Build#17?: More spells, so earth mages have something to do. Other elements also get spells such as air getting dust devils to go faster, but c'mon earth only had the one spell before.
Arcanum, Build#206: The plague of whiffing hits is at an end! Even more spells, with spirit and water getting ones to lower stress, nature for damage over time, and a set-three of spirit spells to hit things more often. Also a skill to raise your stress cap, so you can get even more stressed before going home to sleep it off/eat children/what-have-you.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 6, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

RE: Arcanum's Crypt getting another 9000 levels: It seems to be to smooth out the difficulty curve a bit, more time grinding on somewhat less powerful enemies to get the gear you need for the powerful monsters at the end.

as for the halloween content, the idea of my grey necromancer running around stealing peoples pumpkins amuses me to no end

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...Thought Nymies charm was fixed to drop normally? Or did it break again? Currently on Build#265 for reference.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Seems Incremancer is coming along nicely. More automation, golems, zombie/civilian/police/army stats, and trophies.
Could be worth another look for folks who tried it before and ran out of things to do.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Some more upgrades for incremancer: Give your earth golems a chance to reflect bullets via regular upgrade, a prestige upgrade to automate buying regular upgrades, and a second regular upgrade for the graveyard/clicks to produce gigazombies at 5x the base zombie energy price.

Plus, try casting Gigazombies once you have the upgrade unlocked/active. They stack :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Kongregate. Could be they haven't moved over the new stuff to the game domain.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum/Theory of Magic; the winter update is here. (On Kongregate.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Synergism update just rolled out a few seconds ago, export yer saves and check it out wait a minute it, uh. needs a few more minutes.
ai'ight, seems good. remember to re-buy your particle producers, and do some challenges.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 23, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Had that one a while back on it's own site.

Basic gameplay loop is to increase your ordinal a bit, then maximize your ordinal.
This takes the amount you raised ordinal by and uses it to let you increase ordinal by even more.
Repeat a few times until you can infinity, then use your new points to buy some autoclickers to increase/maximize for you.
From there save up for your first factor shift and throw some infinity points on your newly unlocked factor, these act as multipliers on your autoclickers.
Rinse and repeat until new feature is unlocked.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ah, fresh idlers...

Aurora posted:

how quaint

how quaint.
You have only begun your journey, come back when you've been offline for half a year, vaguely optimized gear with enough
perk points to maximize your fibonacci on your return.

:smug:

...But in all seriousness you're probably going to catch up to this ol inactive player and surpass sooner than later. The game only does so much when not running after all
now watch as someone comes in after this with one putting my idling to shame :v:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 15, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Any folks still playing Evolve?
Checked in after remembering, and it seems it's been getting a steady supply of updates since it was last brought up here.

Trying out the Pinguicula, and not having to put workers on mining stone is nice.
Gonna see how they pair with Ent not needing wood and how well that turns out. :v:
E: turns out all plants now have Sappy, not just Pinguicula; so that's gonna be helpful.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

https://www.kongregate.com/games/SamuraiGames/another-chronicle-b-ver?haref=HP_HNG_another-chronicle-b-ver

I think we've had another chronicle show up here before, some long while back.
Due to kongregate not taking in new games, the dev(s) opted to have to have the full version be an update for the beta instead of a standalone.
Somewhat, ah. Less good is that it looks like there is a hard wall on progressing out of the early game.
It should still be fine to try for a few hours, but might want to give it a bit longer before getting into it to see if future updates ease up on the grind.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 23, 2020