Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i just sold a bunch of bitcoin to exchanges and attacked some dude with a... "club"... do i just have to wait until i can withdraw money now, or am i missing something obvious?

e: weasel dust, right. can never have enough weasel dust

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is it intended that Evolve hides all of its functionality until you've actually bought the thing you've been scrimping and saving for

just finally got together enough titanium for my fourth GPS satellite to be rewarded with "INCREASE THE PROFITABILITY OF TRADE ROUTES BY 1%", and you can't see what an ARPA project does till it's built

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

Eventually, once you've mapped Genetics for the first time in a run. That only tells you what current traits you possess and not which ones are tied to the various evolutionary branches or whether it's a minor trait.

scorpid scientists turning to one another in the lab and going HOLY poo poo WE GOT CLAWS??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus christ the geckos in Evolve

ah ace we get a minor reduction to combat losses, at the small price of being able to support half as many soldiers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same, actually. it's fun, to me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Venuz Patrol posted:

how many ~100 plasmid runs do you do in evolve before it's a good idea to hunker down and aim for space

i've done like 7 runs by now and it seems like crispr mods are paling in comparison to hoarding plasmid to crank up the production bonus

yeah i straight up do not want to spend 325 plasmids on storage boosts, but i think the idea is to do all the crispr bonuses and then ramp up to the plasmid soft cap (~250+200 at first or something) before escaping to the one place uncorrupted by capitalism

i did a bit of spaayyyce on an earlier run but it's quite painful

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:thunk:

Temple of Parents

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pixaal posted:

You have the pieces a bit jumbled I think, the goal is actually stay at 250+ preferably closer to 450 while you are buying all the Crispr bonuses

yes i got them the wrong way round. no point denying yourself your plasmid bonuses for no reason

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the gps satellite gives you +1% trade route profitability for each satt after 3

i was fuckin furious when i found out what it did

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you're still building plasmids then reset before space

get as many soldiers and people and spend as much knowledge as you feel not-bored doing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao this is all made up, it has to be

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uggggh why is there no auto-focus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pixaal posted:

because focus is "active" play

but i need to either click ceaselessly or smash my keyboard. i don't want to get carpal tunnel

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god focus is now a skill

you can improve it

i'm up to 1.29xp per focus, whereas yesterday it was like 0.5

e:

:yeshaha:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 27, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tendales posted:

One thing I discovered that's helpful in the mid-stages of Arcanum: Any of the white-box actions (like gather herbs, sell herbs, and especially focus) can be turbo-mashed. Just click it once, and then hold the enter key and it'll keep doing that button at your keyboard's repeat rate.

This only works for the normal button, not the little mini quick button over your mana bars.

this is a godsend, incidentally

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

specifically, start training something. then focus.

afaik there is no passive skill gain in this; you have to actively choose to train something. anything that says "0.1 spirit lore" or something is just a bonus to how much you train each tick

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go up tiers to get access to better houses + space upgrades. there's also some skills that give you more space that iirc you start getting from... mysticism? i think? planes lore and subsequently void lore might come out of that

you're gonna be pissed when you get access to better-and-cheaper-than-the-temple 200+ space houses at tier 2

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

when i had space problems i just sold stuff i wasn't immediately using. you're a wizard, you can always get more gold

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like that all the descriptions are just in lowercase

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can set an attack spell as your primary and you will automatically spam it in addition to weapon attacks. you do this from your spellbook.

other than that, you need external tools as per above

im a sorceror slowly plowing through the 1000-fight dungeon and have sort of run out of stuff to do. does this game actually end, or just peter out? im assuming there's no prestige mechanics, i just don't know what stage of development it's in

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what in gods name is behind the stress/befuddlement/confusion mechanics

it just looks like bars randomly rising and falling with no chance for control and no actual consequences

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

number go up

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Arcanuse posted:

I see your resting/murder, and raise you

"can you hear me? how about now"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you get skill points from training some other skills. it'll tell you the skill gain on mouseover

also looks like t5 classes now exist? i have the option to be a dhrunic wizard, whatever that may be

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

trickery gives 0.2 skillpoints/level if you've not levelled that, and crafting/alchemy are 0.1. if you have any skills left untrained, train them up first i guess. maybe level up your lore if it's not done all the way, to see if that unlocks anything?

you might just have to sell all your non-chest and non-bookcase things in order to unlock enough space for money/research to upgrade your circumstances

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sell your stables if you have a magic carpet, is my advice. apropos of nothing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

Sorry, couldn't hear you over my gryphon screeching and my fire horse smouldering.

i still have them. idk where they currently live, given that i knocked down my stables, but they're still available - just can't ride them until i rebuild it. presumably they hang out in the library.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

something posted:

Also sorry for ignoring this thread i was running around responding to stuff about the steam launch but YES, it's out on steam! Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

link is here

if you don't mind me asking, what do you get out of this? it's a free game, but do you get kickbacks from steam based on number of users or something?

i'm totally cool with someone who made a game getting some cash out of it, i just have no idea where it comes from and it looks like an absolute shitload of work to get the game to a Steamable state

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh cool that makes sense

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have no idea either, I don't know if there are class bonuses? I have 23 from uh, some furniture or some poo poo, plus a loving shitload of Starcharts.

is Nature Lore the only truly uncapped skill because you can Travel for more of it veeeeeery slowly or are there others I'm missing?

craft gems to grind max crafting

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh god gently caress dammit

who added the zeroes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the events of the last two pages have radicalized me and I will now do everything in my power to ensure number goes down

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

something posted:

Dammit i've been bamboozled.

Anyways i'm bored in a home depot parking lot while visiting family so here is my closer-to-final plans for the cards feature

SPOILERS LOOK AWAY NOW

Defeating exile will drop an item which will shockingly, unlock the cards feature. After this, every kill from an exile+ titan will yield a random card drop, random in this case means several things:

1) the name of the card wil be randomized in a madlibs style of, say, "VERBing NOUN of ADJECTIVE" OR "ADJECTIVE NOUN" for every NOUN, the card art will be representative of that NOUN. This will involve plenty of goofy art (by musluk!). The objectibeve of the card's name and art is purely to create jokes and hilarious combinations, hopefully.
2) On the side of the card will be up to *six* different mana costs, much like mtg. For example a card may require 3 blue and 2 black manas. This will be shown using up to 6 little mana icons along the right side on the art. This cost will be randomized within a very ti y range, relative to the stat-up effects of the card

3) The card will have a randomly selected stat it buffs (e.g Energy NGU Speed, Adv Stats, Hack Speed) and amount. This will have a slight variance of about +=10% so if you want to minmax the best rolled cards you can, but isnt required really.

In the cards feature itself you'll view your "deck" (inventory) of cards, and choose ones to trash or to play/consume. This uses the given card's mana costs and grants the stats listed.

Also in the menu, you'll choose 1 of which 6 mana types to generate, which will use a formula similar to hacks, when the bar fills you get 1 mana of that type. The speed formula will utilize depend the 6 mana types, on energy/magic/resource3 power/bars.

Generally, you're gonna generate much more cards than you will mana to use them, so you can afford to be picky and use the exact/best card you want with your more-limited mana.

Six new fruits will also be added to YGGDRASIL at very high seed/activation costs, and this will function as a permanent, passive mana generation resource for when you're even further in progression.

As for the bonuses, you'll be able to upgrade the TIER of card dropped for each bonus type.through perks/quirks/wishes etc. Each +1 tier for a card type will impact the stat by a small exponential, dending on the bonus type, but in general +1 tier will be very noticable. I'll also probably add QOL functions to auto trash cards with tier <x

I'll also add some sellout shop purchasables, such as a consumable to temporarily increase the tier of all card drops for a day by +1 or 2, and extra deck size to store more cards. Probably a rainbow heart to improve mana gen globally by 10%

As for the I.O.U for Krissmuss, this will be +X MANA OF EVERY TYPE. Where X will be decided later to equal a few day's worth all at once.

Ok but what has this got to do with paperclips

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol in general. It looks like a funny game

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am at the beginning of ngu and nothing any of what you say makes any sense

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

where the gently caress's my lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that was cool, but i did get stuck a couple times due to not reading stuff completely.

my advice is if you get stuck, go back and re-read the bbs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in NGU, is there any point in keeping old, maxed-out equipment sets? e.g. i'm starting work on the flatland equipment set, is there any reason for me to keep the forest and cheese gear?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and offline!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cooking...?