Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

In case anyone still hasn't tried it, NGU is real good and you totally should spend all your time watching these numbers go up over other numbers in other lesser games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I play NGU in Steam and would happily playtest NewNGU there too.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, the pendant goes beyond one level?

Wait, Looty is also going to ascend? gently caress me.

oh boy are you in for a ride

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Roflex posted:

I'm near the end of collecting the END pieces and QP is going to be the last one I get, probably 6-8 weeks after the rest. Once I finish everything else I'll probably just go back to manualing quests to get QP out of the way faster.

NGU - I have all the pieces except the one for killing the final titan, and I'm nowhere close to what the wiki says you need for P/T. I'm weeks into saving all mayo for adventure cards and 7 day rebirths for guff stats and I'm still nowhere close.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I finished NGU today and now I don't have anything to Alt+Tab over to 90 times a day. :(

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

DariusLikewise posted:

What was your base Adv Stats and R3 when you finished? Just trying to get an idea of how much longer I have to go

Adventure Stats:

1.53E+35 Power (with Beast Mode)
6.243E+34 Toughness
40% move cooldowns

It took at least 5 or 6 tries to get the last titan. Make sure to block every time it's on cooldown and hope his mega attack doesn't make it through.

Base R3 stats:

36,706 power
1,568,000,000 cap

Worth noting you need a quaddrillion R3 if you want to get all the achievements, so I need to pump my cap a bit more before I really call it complete.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Since we're talking about NGU again, I might as well post this. :toot:

So long NGU. The vacant spot on my side monitor will miss you.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I know this sounds like every single one of the boring "my first JavaScript incremental game" things out there, but it's actually somehow good:
https://redgem.games/wigmaker/

I started this about an hour ago and can recommend. Some of the UI wasn't immediately intuitive to me, but nothing deal breaking.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Just finished Wigmaker. Spoilerly question: Is there only a single line of text about beating the hat people, or did I accidentally click through something?

I see.
\/\/\/\/\/\/

WTFBEES fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 18, 2021

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I can't really make a good concious recommendation, but I just picked up Godsbane Idle and boy it sure is interesting. It explicitly calls out NGU and Path of Exile as it's inspirations, which just happen to be my #1 and #2 played Steam games of all time, so I suppose I'm the target market.

Basically take NGU's framework, add random loot and a giant skill tree and you've got an idea of what you're dealing with.

Warning - this game is inscrutable as gently caress. Almost nothing is labeled, tool tipped or explained and there's a whole lot going on. But if you love loot like I do, there might be something here.

https://nyrio.itch.io/godsbane

Steam version eventually? - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1565140/Godsbane_Idle/

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Cinara posted:

I've been playing it for a day now and the pacing/progression is glacially slow. The gap between being able to beat zone 2 and even killing a single thing is zone 3 is massive. I can now idle stage 3 but my next paragon point is at level 25 so it will take a long time before I can really improve my build.

This is where I'm at. Seems a bit early to throw a wall at you, but I'll keep idling for better gear. Probably doesn't help that I redid my skill tree and made it worse in every way.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Ineptitude posted:

Glad he copied the literally least fun feature of NGU

It's actually less bad here in that it'll auto return you to the zone you were last in after regenerating health. You can idle farm indefinetly once you're able to kill a single round of dudes.

Randalor posted:

Does... does it at least let me make an army of screaming skull boys who gleefully charge the enemy to die in an explosive end? That was the best part of PoE for me by a long shot.

No but thank you for reminding me a need to make another SRS build.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

MikusR posted:

The problem is that many things are weird and unexplained. Like what causes the maximum souls to increase (you can increase with memories but it also increases by itself). Another thing is the charges. The UI and equipment shows them long before they are unlocked.

The cause and effect in this game is a complete black box. I have no idea how to influence anything, when and why points are awarded and what is going to happen after an awakening. I've still got it running but wouldn't at all recommend it.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Industries just wasn't my thing, but I'll happily throw more money at 4G for Number Go Up More. Nothing else quite scratches that itch or has become such an ever-present part of my daily life like NGU did.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

something posted:

posting to say i'm not dead, just been going through a lot of stuff irl, trying to dredge myself out of this pit of blahs and slowly working on ngu 2 stuff in a meandering way

thats all bye

Be well and know that I will throw money at this the day it's available.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Ghostlight posted:

If you're interested in playing some more NGU but with an ARPG mashed into it, it's available

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1565140/Godsbane_Idle/

I've been playing this for probably about a year now. It's no NGU but it does fill the need of a persistently running thing that I check in on whenever. Be ready for nothing to make sense or be explained though.

Disclaimer: I am allergic to reading things. Maybe it all is explained and I ignored it all. Still there's a lot going on.

7/10 would maybe recommend.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Giant Octopus posted:

This sounds like exactly my kind of stew. PoE has a lot of build-defining uniques, etc... Does this have anything like that? Or is it just "Blue Gear +4, Purple Gear +5"?

ehhhhh, not really. There are a handful of unique items that you can get in a deterministic way, but none are all that noteworthy. The closest PoE comparison (beyond loot drops with rolls) really comes from keystones on the skill tree which can change things a bit more.

The loot does have different stats, so you can specifically build in directions that are more interesting than a binary better/worse though.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Since we've been talking Godsbane - I just unlocked this screen.

Maybe don't play this game actually.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Agent355 posted:

Godsbane:

What are these relic things that drop from elite enemies? They don't seem to do anything, am I supposed to just trash them? They each have individual names, do I need to keep them all in my inventory because they only stack with like-named ones until they hit 999?

E: ugh I see now that there are more tabs that have opened up in the inventory, probably hours and hours ago. If you're going to open up more options within a single section of a game like this, you should probably have a big loving pop up and/or tutorial that directs your attention to it.

Yeah, it's bad about telling you anything. In case you haven't figured it out yet, a stack of 999 relics can be traded for a unique item in the Uniques tab under the Character screen. Each zone has 2 or 3 different relics and you can unlock a few unique slots.

There also appears to be a way to level up uniques but I haven't figured out how to make that work yet?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Jhet posted:

If you go into the Rites tab to Forgotten Arts, you can choose which of the unique items to research while the elites are being fought. It seems like this is where they level. I still have a day left on my first one though, so it's just a guess. There's also the drops which give research to make it faster.

E: The drops are giving me around 1m off the timer each, so I'm guessing it'll be done with level 1 pretty quickly, but there are 9 more after it.

Yeah, that part I've done but it doesn't seem to level up your existing uniques. I assume you need to farm up a whole new one but lol gently caress that.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I've been playing Idle Slayer lately. It's real dumb and you probably shouldn't play it, but you could. It does have numbers that go up.

Thank you for reading my review.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

pixaal posted:

But what dumb part of the loop is keeping you playing? Maybe someone is looking to fill a weird shaped game hole.

Yeah ok, fair point.

Idle Slayer is an something between a side scrolling platformer and an endless runner. It'll generally do it's own thing and earn passive income and kill the random smattering of enemies, though you can click to jump (grabbing coins up in the air or killing flying enemies) or dash (which is just a fast forward button). That income can be used to generate faster passive income and occasionally add the mildest of new skills.

Over it all there's a presige mechanic with some other slight upgrades and a few different zones, none of which really changes much about what you're doing.

What keeps me playing it? Honestly, it's mostly a lack of better idle games, but there is something slightly amusing about paying attention to it for a few minutes, leaping into some bad things and crossing off some achievements.

If you have really simple expectations, you could do worse. Just don't expect anything particularly deep or strategic.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Len posted:

is it still super grindy? i remember i hit a point where no matter how many years i went forward i couldn't get any farther

Dunno actually. I'm 5 days in now and am still unlocking a couple things each prestige. If there's a wall I haven't hit it yet.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

My preferred source of self punishment Godsbane Idle updated earlier today. Now it has this.

Never play this game.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Agent355 posted:

I'd go to forums or w/e and see what the agreed upon 'good' builds were and use those, and those resources just don't exist for godsbane.

I'm pretty sure that's because no one anywhere can figure out this absolutely impenetrable mess of a game.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

explosivo posted:

Are there any goons still playing Tap Titans 2? Have there been any significant changes in TT2 in the last few years that would warrant checking it out again? I kinda got a hankerin' for some cooperative clicking with goons but the last time I played this was 5 years ago :corsair:

There's still a thread for the clan here but no one has posted in it for nearly a year. On my way out I gave GM to someone who may or may not have been a Goon so who knows if it even still exists?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

All you people worrying about team bonuses and here I am waiting for a second pet to drop.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Goddamn Theresmore is slow. I'm sure it'll get better but presiging is such a mental hurdle right now.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Unnamed Space Idle - Am I supposed to be upgrade the weapons and defense modules at the bottom of the Prestige screen? It looks like it takes a trival amount of salvage to go from level 0 to 1, but clicking the button does nothing.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

explosivo posted:

I was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure that just shows you what upgrades will be shown for the selected weapon in the Core tab once you do prestige but I very well could be missing a permanent upgrade mechanic or something.

That would explain it, but does that mean there's no prestige upgrades other than the occasional new modules at the listed distances? That would be real weird and apparently mean there's no reason to prestige unless you're changing your ship's config?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Well that sure is different, particularly from a NGU-like. Long runs here I come.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Requested to join the guild as dongs

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Optimal Gnorp strategy - click everything that can be clicked and watch the funny little guys make new colors and do silly stuff.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Godsbane Idle got an update for the first time in nearly 2 years, so I had to check it out. This is your latest reminder to never play Godsbane Idle. Every piece of this game is still a nightmare of nonsense proper nouns and inscrutable mechanics.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

explosivo posted:

Auto repeating 1 hour expeditions in FAPI is good poo poo.

Is there actual benefit to this beyond more immediate gratification? I run 1 hour repeats to get things going immediately after an Ascension but always fall back to 12 hour after things settle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Toshimo posted:

FAPI: Uninstalled today. This is the first idle game where I really felt that each added feature made the game worse, and the fact that they were all tied to mtx and that the league mechanic is the opposite of what I want (I think you could have such a mechanic, but not in the greedy awful way they implemented it) and I don't see any further value in it.

I am not quite that far with it, but agree this poo poo is no fun. Whatever QOL features they claim to have added aren't nearly enough to make me want to go back to nothing.

The worst part is I feel like I have to do it in order to not miss out on the rewards for the part of the game I care about. They have missed the mark for sure.