Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

You think that's bad, not only did I take the Bucs, but I also picked the Browns as well :laffo:

While “never bet on divisional games” is rule 1, “never trust the browns” is rule 2 and “don’t bet that far off the Vegas line” is rule 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Jets were the home team, the Bills turned the ball over like 4 times and the Jets would've won if they didn't gently caress up any of a bunch of different things (or simply not have CJ Mosley get injured), makes total sense to have picked them.

Counterpoint: it's the jets

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ulmont posted:

While “never bet on divisional games” is rule 1, “never trust the browns” is rule 2 and “don’t bet that far off the Vegas line” is rule 3.

It is for this reason I cant choose the patriots.

Bill is gonna play this like a preseason game, and run damien harris like 40 times and the phins just might pull it off somehow.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ulmont posted:

well if I just picked the line on every single game, that wouldn't be very fun, would it? I already took too many Vegas favorites for my own taste last week :colbert: I like to ride that lightning, baby

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
nabbed the browns -2.5 right after the jets news broke. it's now at -6.5

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm really struggling with a safe eliminatir pick this week. I'm leaning towards Cowboys or Browns right now.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chichevache posted:

I'm really struggling with a safe eliminatir pick this week. I'm leaning towards Cowboys or Browns right now.

Ravens or Browns. Never trust a divisional game (Cowboys).

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Really feeling the Ravens this week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chichevache posted:

patriots as safe as it gets imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fenrir posted:

Really feeling the Ravens this week.

Look how often teams with 50 point blowouts drop their next game.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Look how often teams with 50 point blowouts drop their next game.
Ravens do a ludicrously good job against rookie QBs, and the only times they've lost has been when the opposing defense has shut them down. I don't think the Cardinals, down both their top corners and allowing free real estate to TE across the middle of the field, are going to be able to do that.

I don't think that the Ravens will cover the spread, but this is probably one of the safest matchups they have this year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Arkhams Razor posted:

Ravens do a ludicrously good job against rookie QBs, and the only times they've lost has been when the opposing defense has shut them down. I don't think the Cardinals, down both their top corners and allowing free real estate to TE across the middle of the field, are going to be able to do that.

I don't think that the Ravens will cover the spread, but this is probably one of the safest matchups they have this year.

I've got a $2000 pot and endless bragging rights riding on this, and you make a compelling argument. At the same time I'm all in on my Kyler hype.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

RIP the site?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Harlock posted:

RIP the site?

Seems to work fine for me, are you on a VPN?

I ran into an issue where I'd have to change servers/regions last year I think.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Edit: Actually, my account got deleted???

Harlock fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 15, 2019

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Week 3 seems pretty straightforward: Cowboys in regular, Jets in reverse. Maybe 49ers in regular if Ben is out?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Arkhams Razor posted:

This game came pretty drat close, all things considered. I'm glad I chose the Pats.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm glad I took the Texans because now I don't have to worry about the Texans loving me later this year like they really tried to to do today.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im glad I overthought my decision for the Pats, then the Ravens, because surely the Browns cant let me down in primetime in an easily winnable game.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

OxySnake posted:

Im glad I overthought my decision for the Pats, then the Ravens, because surely the Browns cant let me down in primetime in an easily winnable game.

Saving those sure bet teams for when the starters are rested is the best choice really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress you, the Los Angeles Chargers of Moving Vans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
got absolutely blasted this week in pick em. less then 50 percent, statistically I could've flipped a coin and gotten better results

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm 9-6 for the week with 4 losses by a field goal or less :laffo: I hosed up on drat near every close game - Texans/Jaguars is the only one I got right.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm depending on the Browns to finish this week 8-8. :emo:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress you, the Los Angeles Chargers of Moving Vans.

I did this too. Charger'd. =\

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
OK so I swear I grabbed an early be against the dolphins at -21 before it started moving up this Monday and now it is showing up as a bet on the seahawks. I don't want it changed I just want to report a possible bug or just sloppy clicking by me.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Elephanthead posted:

OK so I swear I grabbed an early be against the dolphins at -21 before it started moving up this Monday and now it is showing up as a bet on the seahawks. I don't want it changed I just want to report a possible bug or just sloppy clicking by me.

This happened to me for MNF pick'em, I was absolutely certain I took the Browns and when I checked the other day, I had ended up with a pick for the Jets. I am pretty sure it was just sloppy clicking and not double-checking in my case.

That being said, I'm rolling with a ~71% success rate on picks so far. I ought to take a page outta Farrell's book and start selling these picks. I'm dynamite so far

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Harlock posted:

Edit: Actually, my account got deleted???

We had to change email providers this year and we've had to get pretty aggressive with disabling accounts for email reasons to keep the deliveries flowing. it's possible you got caught up in some of that accidentally. PM me or reply here with your username on the site and I'll check it out.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Pickem was brutal this week.

Titans were picked 85 times to Jags 39, they lost.
Eagles were picked 128/7 over Lions, etc.
Cardinals were picked 95/40 over Panthers, etc.
Buccs were picked 117/18 over Giants.
Chargers were picked 92/43 over Texans.
Seahawks were picked 123/12 over Saints.

Add the Falcons slim margin over the Colts and 7 of 15 the favorites lost so far.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Bucs seem like a good reverse pick for week 4. Startlingly few decent picks for regular outside of the obvious, which could lead to a massive bloodbath if the Dolphins win. But the comedy value would be worth it IMO.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

"Bet against the Dolphins" was still a winning strategy.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and somehow read "pickem" as "eliminator"

ulmont fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 23, 2019

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

Woof. You can say that again. Those 4pm games kicked my rear end. I was lucky to have the Niners hold on against Pittsburgh to avoid getting totally wiped.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

$1.03 in the red on FunBuck bets this week. A personal best!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Feeling good!

Also 12-3 in pick'em this week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Feeling good!

Also 12-3 in pick'em this week.

You're looking pretty good:

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1176108584209436673

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

I'm getting a "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID" error for tracking.saseliminator.com when trying to click through the email the SAS reminder sent me.

Going straight into saseliminator.com seems to work.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking this has to be the Chargers week. Yeah, they're on the road, but they are every week

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

I'm getting a "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID" error for tracking.saseliminator.com when trying to click through the email the SAS reminder sent me.

Going straight into saseliminator.com seems to work.

Looks like HSTS is screwing with us, I'm getting it too, will look into it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm going to use this opportunity to point out I am #1 in pick em and spread pick em. :axe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Qwijib0 posted:

Looks like HSTS is screwing with us, I'm getting it too, will look into it

HSTS is working exactly as it should, but our email provider is re-writing the URLs in the email to include this tracking domain redirect to monitor click-throughs via their interface, which it should not be doing. It was not doing that in previous weeks, so something appears to have changed on their end. I'm digging into it with them.

The joys of running a web app on the internet abound ad infinitum, y'all.