Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mega64 posted:

I'm having a problem where most of the teams I pick in Parley Bets lose, please fix the games so those teams win instead, thanks.

yeah i wasnt gonna say anything but something is clearly broken there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I've managed to back myself into a corner by using the Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys and Ravens already. That leaves me with the Chiefs or Packers.

Leaning Chiefs.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm on to you, Ross

Just because the Pats won by 43 doesn't mean you get double credit :colbert:

(see also the Colts and 49ers in week 3 :laffo: )

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Fenrir posted:

I'm on to you, Ross

Just because the Pats won by 43 doesn't mean you get double credit :colbert:

(see also the Colts and 49ers in week 3 :laffo: )

Thanks for pointing this out, I've removed the dupes. It seems to be happening more this year-- if anyone can relay a reliable way to reproduce it, much appreciate, also please keep narcing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

Thanks for pointing this out, I've removed the dupes. It seems to be happening more this year-- if anyone can relay a reliable way to reproduce it, much appreciate, also please keep narcing.

I would like to narc on myself for making the wrong choices. Please allow me to rechoose, I'm sure I can do better now that the games in question have already happened

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I would like to narc on myself for making the wrong choices. Please allow me to rechoose, I'm sure I can do better now that the games in question have already happened

:hmmyes:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am somehow in the position in Eliminator of thinking taking the Redskins is the best option. And there's three or four other players who think the same.

I would like to go back and change my choices so that I'm not in this position today, thanks. I went with "anyone against the dolphins" and that was not smart.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Leperflesh posted:

I am somehow in the position in Eliminator of thinking taking the Redskins is the best option. And there's three or four other players who think the same.

I would like to go back and change my choices so that I'm not in this position today, thanks. I went with "anyone against the dolphins" and that was not smart.

I saw I was about to bet on Washington this week based on my “anyone against Miami”* and changed things just in time.

*but also no divisional games.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Congratulations to the handful of people that feel comfortable staking their unbeaten records on Washington.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Finally crawled my way back into the black in Funbucks for the season, and somehow I now have a better record in spread eliminator than regular eliminator??? I'm sure this is all sustainable.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Congratulations to the handful of people that feel comfortable staking their unbeaten records on Washington.

Well they won without beating the spread, so I'm 6-0 in Eliminator... and 2-4 in Spread Eliminator, lol.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Can we get an email from SAS Eliminator when all games have spreads available? I've been checking since Tuesday and there's still no spread on Seahawks @ Falcons on the site (mind you, CBS sports has Atlanta +3.5), so I can't finalize spread pick'em bets.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pinnacle doesn't even have that game listed for some reason.

I can look at the funbuck line update email and see if that can be repurposed.

The real fix is probably moving off pinnacle who have been slow to post lines this season (sorry, elfurbe!)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've manually put in a spread from william hill, caesars and westgate don't have lines yet either. Guess there's still a lot of uncertainty about it.

edit: oh, ryan's still an unknown. Yeah, that'd do it.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Finally taking my Seahawks, this is the last game I'd feel confident on picking them for the rest of the year and if I get busted rooting for the squad against a Falcs team that has fully quit, so be it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Gerund posted:

Finally taking my Seahawks, this is the last game I'd feel confident on picking them for the rest of the year and if I get busted rooting for the squad against a Falcs team that has fully quit, so be it.
Don't trust them hosting the Bucs?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bucs are weird, sometimes Winston forgets to catastrophically gently caress up and they have an amazing game out of nowhere.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If I've learned anything in the past 10 years or so it's never touch a Bucs game in eliminator ever

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Bucs are weird, sometimes Winston forgets to catastrophically gently caress up and they have an amazing game out of nowhere.

Their defensive line is good enough to give most teams some serious problems. I agree, they're not a team I really want to get involved with in eliminator. Maybe later in the season when I'm more sure about what they are

I took the Vikings this week so no worries there, currently sharing the top spot with only 16 other people because most haven't picked. Hey I gotta take my victories where I can find them

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My 4 keys to guaranteed* eliminator success:

1 - No Thursdays
2 - No London
3 - No Divisionals
4 - No Bucs

* Not a guarantee

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

shyduck posted:

* Not a guarantee

The avatar + this footnote is :discourse:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Anyone who depends on a Bucs QB to have more or less than 2 turnovers in any given game is making a classic mistake!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What is even happening right now, come on, dolphins are... winning?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Leperflesh posted:

What is even happening right now, come on, dolphins are... winning?

Fitzmagic!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

How must people took the Steelers tonight in eliminator?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Taerkar posted:

How must people took the Steelers tonight in eliminator?

38 out of 161, so second-highest number. Vikings were first with 60 out of 161.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it was all an illuuuuusssion, fitzpatrick is confirmed as Not Good

and I'm 8-0 in Eliminator but 0-8 in Reverse Spread Eliminator

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Someone reminded him that they were Totally Not Tanking.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Feature request: a way to unselect an eliminator pick without picking another team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

very nearly went perfect in pick em this week, only dropped one game which was Bills Eagles. A very predictable week overall, this coming week definitely is a bit more ambiguous

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

Feature request: a way to unselect an eliminator pick without picking another team.

why would you want to no-pick a week?

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
So you get the reminder to pick when you come back to the site later if you change your mind?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

If you think the game isn't predictable enough you might want to avoid a choice at all, which would put you above players with the same number of wins but more losses

I'm not saying I think it's worth the bother to add that feature, but that's a plausible scenario

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
evil roadmap feature, just count no-picks as losses to end all the confusion about "what is a winner" The game is picking winners, if you did not pick a winner that week, you did not succeed.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Qwijib0 posted:

I don't. But if you have a team selected in Eliminator for week 16 (whoever is playing the Dolphins) but realize they might be a better pick for week 9 (when they are playing the Bengals), there's no way to do that right now without making a different pick for week 16 first. I'd like to be able to unpick week 16 (or whatever) so I can choose more freely in week 9.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

I don't. But if you have a team selected in Eliminator for week 16 (whoever is playing the Dolphins) but realize they might be a better pick for week 9 (when they are playing the Bengals), there's no way to do that right now without making a different pick for week 16 first. I'd like to be able to unpick week 16 (or whatever) so I can choose more freely in week 9.

okay that makes a lot more sense than my idea... lol

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

it was all an illuuuuusssion, fitzpatrick is confirmed as Not Good

and I'm 8-0 in Eliminator but 0-8 in Reverse Spread Eliminator

How?!

:psyboom:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Qwijib0 posted:

evil roadmap feature, just count no-picks as losses to end all the confusion about "what is a winner" The game is picking winners, if you did not pick a winner that week, you did not succeed.

I think they should be worse than a loss because the no pick doesn't use up a team

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Taerkar posted:

I think they should be worse than a loss because the no pick doesn't use up a team

In eliminator I would agree that no pick is a loss. Pick em and the rest like that I'm not so sure, people just miss them because they're busy or whatever, they're still not getting wins and thus unable to move up the leaderboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Play posted:

In eliminator I would agree that no pick is a loss. Pick em and the rest like that I'm not so sure, people just miss them because they're busy or whatever, they're still not getting wins and thus unable to move up the leaderboard

Or the loving line never shows up until like 12:55 on Sunday. Vikings @ Chiefs (-2.5 at CBS), I'm looking at you.

At least let me make the pick before the spread shows up.