Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Weird Asian Candy had to step away from the forums and also this league so I've offered to take over.

Manager/Team Name List

If You Seek a Falcon - Silly Burrito
Crab Snatchers - wandler20
LIGHTS ACTION KAMARA - GD_American
Honey FunchessofOats - The Flying Llama
Cammy Cam Juice - waah
FitzMagic Mike - Joey Freshwater
Freeman On the Land - Play!
Jameis' loving W - Chilichimp
The Duh Arnolds - PostNouveau
The W Eaters - WampaLord
Tom Benson's Ghost - Paul Proteus
AB's Old Helmet - YOLOSubmarine
bold = returning for 2019

Retired players:
Sabby Piscitelli - kidcoelacanth
Doyle Rules - MarquisDeCarabas

:siren:HALL OF CHAMPIONS:siren:

2018 FFL Season - Silly Burrito
2019 FFL Season - Play

2018 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869636

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It looks like we decided on $10 buy in and you can keep 2 keepers. Is everyone still good with this?

Any other suggestions?

I liked the idea of the consolation bracket to decide the draft order starting next year.

Payouts something like $80 first, $40 second, $20 for 3rd?

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 7, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In to defend my hard won title and the honor of the NFC South.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

It looks like we decided on $10 buy in and you can keep 2 keepers. Is everyone still good with this?

Any other suggestions?

Payouts something like $80 first, $40 second, $20 for 3rd?

Still good with the money and keepers, also quoting my suggestions from the last thread to spread the money a bit if you wanted to. Ok if we don’t.

Silly Burrito posted:

That's cool for this year, but I have a proposal for next year. Whoever makes the playoffs gets inverse order of finish the next year (So I'd draft 14th, wAc 13th, etc.). However, whoever makes the consolation bracket, they're playing for the #1 draft pick next year, and the consolation bracket then goes the other way. So the winner of the consolation bracket gets the #1 pick next year, the runner-up gets #2, and so on.

I do this in another league, and it's called the Toilet Bowl vs the Super Bowl. However, we have found that it keeps people playing as it gives them something to play for, and it absolutely destroys the urge to tank, because if you deliberately tank, you're not drafting #1, you're drafting #7 or #8. Sometimes people forget that and we point and laugh at them.

Suggestion for payout with 14 teams:

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 40 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Last place avatar - 10 bucks

OR

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 30 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Either highest weekly score of the season or regular season champion - 10 bucks (Personally, I'd say highest weekly score because everyone still qualifies every week to shoot for that)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm definitely down for the consolation bracket to determine the draft order. $10 for the last place avatar is good to if everyone else is on board.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I hate the keepers but I've made my peace with it.

I think it should be 70 for first, 40 for 2nd, 10 for third and 10 for the TWO highest scores of the regular season. So a few people will have opportunities to win their cash back, and it's even possible to make ten bucks if you get a couple super high week scores

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I, for one, welcome our new Bucs fan overlord commissioner!

quote:

Suggestion for payout with 14 teams:

1st place - 80 bucks
2nd place - 40 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks

I like this

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Heard there was a spot :)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

Heard there was a spot :)

Post your email or email me @ my username @hotmail.com and I'll send out the invite.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

Post your email or email me @ my username @hotmail.com and I'll send out the invite.

En route

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play.Something.Awful@gmail.com

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

back in

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Im back in as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Commiissssssssh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ignore this btw. i was confused

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

ignore this btw. i was confused

I'm signing you up for the finest of Amazon spam.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The Cammy Cam Juice has been restocked for another season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm signing you up for the finest of Amazon spam.

well i do like and expect fine things, im sure you noticed that about me right away. thank you friend

Let me know wandler where I need to send the :10bux:

Oh and one more thing: with the keepers, do you skip the round you drafted that player in or do you just skip however many rounds at the beginning of the draft depending on how many you kept?

Play fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 8, 2019

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
When do we get to pick keepers/when's the draft?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

When do we get to pick keepers/when's the draft?

You should be able to pick the keepers now in Yahoo under My Team/Choose Keepers.

Draft is still up for grabs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

Oh and one more thing: with the keepers, do you skip the round you drafted that player in or do you just skip however many rounds at the beginning of the draft depending on how many you kept?

I think we're doing it by the round you drafted them in

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We should probably figure out a draft date sooner than later. The closer to the start of the season, the better.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

We should probably figure out a draft date sooner than later. The closer to the start of the season, the better.

How about Sept. 3, the Tuesday after Labor Day and right before the season opens?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

How about Sept. 3, the Tuesday after Labor Day and right before the season opens?

On a Tuesday? That's okay as long as it doesn't start too early. Last draft I missed a pick or two because they came during my commute from work to home. I'd be home by 5 pacific, 8 eastern though.

WampaLord posted:

Interesting. Unsurprisingly, I didn't understand that at first. I'll have to check if I've got anything worthwhile.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd be down for that if we can start it late enough for the West coast guy(s).

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

WampaLord posted:

as far as I'm aware unless you specifically set it up that way, yahoo usually defaults to "keepers take the place of the first 1/2 rounds of the draft" instead.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TheFlyingLlama posted:

as far as I'm aware unless you specifically set it up that way, yahoo usually defaults to "keepers take the place of the first 1/2 rounds of the draft" instead.

That works for me.

wandler20 posted:

I'd be down for that if we can start it late enough for the West coast guy(s).

Play posted:

On a Tuesday? That's okay as long as it doesn't start too early. Last draft I missed a pick or two because they came during my commute from work to home. I'd be home by 5 pacific, 8 eastern though.

Is 8:30PM eastern / 5:30PM pacific a good starting time?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've always done keepers where you drafted them the previous year is where you get them or they move up 1 round. Say you drafted a guy in the 9th, he counts as your 8th rounder. And free agent pickups count as 10th rounders. Thoughts on that?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I've always done keepers where you drafted them the previous year is where you get them or they move up 1 round. Say you drafted a guy in the 9th, he counts as your 8th rounder. And free agent pickups count as 10th rounders. Thoughts on that?

I'm fine with either way, but this way benefits me a hell of a lot more than the other way personally (since I picked up Lev Bell as a free agent). But if you do this, will you be planning a length limit on keepers, because if I pick up Alvin Kamara (or whatever hot rookie RB/WR) a few years ago as a free agent, I'm gonna be able to keep him for a 10th rounder, then a 9th, then an 8th, and so on...

Keeping it as a 1st/2nd rounder makes it simple, and you don't have to backtrack and figure out when you picked the player up. Plus if someone doesn't want their keepers, I'm assuming they get a 1st/2nd round pick unless they are forced to keep 2 players. Not sure exactly how it can be done through the Yahoo interface, but it does invite a bit of risk/reward if you have to choose between your first and/or first/second round picks and 1/2 keepers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm fine with either way, but this way benefits me a hell of a lot more than the other way personally (since I picked up Lev Bell as a free agent). But if you do this, will you be planning a length limit on keepers, because if I pick up Alvin Kamara (or whatever hot rookie RB/WR) a few years ago as a free agent, I'm gonna be able to keep him for a 10th rounder, then a 9th, then an 8th, and so on...

Keeping it as a 1st/2nd rounder makes it simple, and you don't have to backtrack and figure out when you picked the player up. Plus if someone doesn't want their keepers, I'm assuming they get a 1st/2nd round pick unless they are forced to keep 2 players. Not sure exactly how it can be done through the Yahoo interface, but it does invite a bit of risk/reward if you have to choose between your first and/or first/second round picks and 1/2 keepers.

I've had it capped at 3 years. It is a pain to keep track of but it's doable.

I'm fine however we decide.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

That works for me.

Yeah that'd be great if it works for everyone else.

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah I think you have a point. I kind of prefer the original way.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

works for me

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Play posted:

For you, it was your fantasy football draft.

For me, it was a Tuesday.

:bisonyes:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Still waiting on confirmation from the following players that they're back in for this season:

Uber Grope No Hope - YOLOSubmarine
Sabby Piscitelli -

I'm not sure who on here is Sabby Piscitelli, anyone know?

Also, what was decided on keepers? Keep 2 and that's the first two rounds of the draft?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Still waiting on confirmation from the following players that they're back in for this season:

Sabby Piscitelli -

Also, what was decided on keepers? Keep 2 and that's the first two rounds of the draft?

I'm still in. I have PMs you lazy fucks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm still in. I have PMs you lazy fucks

Well that makes one of us.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Sabby Piscitelli -

Sabby is kidcoelacanth.

2/first two rounds works for me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

2/first two rounds works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Oh, yeah same.

Except I've never been in a keeper league, hows that work?