Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Yeah as much as I also love how corny it is to choose to brush him aside and listen to your dad like a good son :allears:, I gotta go with everyone else and say knee him in the celestial junk. Everyone tried that first, and the glee when it worked is beyond words.

My first time through the game I spent a lot of it being really suspicious of dear ol' dad because of just how much he does weird things in the start. Beating you to the core, by enough time to start the procedure without you and find the weird borg thing, when you got in a direct turbolift ride first. Speaking of which, how the hell did the other borg install it without anyone stationed there noticing? There's at least two other people just working there. And then the multiple layers of bullshit that are that last scene in the video: palming the commbadge, somehow not minding at all that you just decked him and then tampered with his weapon (nevermind know that you did while he was unconscious), the fact that iirc the borg comes from a different direction when you succeed, and then how does everyone seem to know where to find the load-bearing borg circuit straight away? Young me did not yet understand just how goddamn cheesy FMV games would be, or how hilarious they could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Holy crap he also missed one of the best scenes. Assuming he wasn't just planning to put it in another video since it doesn't really fit as a "wrong" choice. Click on your dad when he wants to brag about you, and he will. It's sappy as hell and I love it. :allears: