Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
In a few weeks the entire Trophy family hits the road in a typical class C motorhome for a tour of Zion, Bryce and North Rim. I have to admit I am a bit nervous about this. I have driven a borrowed one before on a 4 day/3 night trip, but this will be 10 days. We won't be driving every day. The family is looking forward to it, but my apprehension is growing a bit every day.

We already have spots reserved for Zion and Bryce, and plan on BLMing it in the Mojave and around North Rim. Not really worried about crowds at the parks, anything is better than SoCal.

Tell me to relax and that it will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

You'll be fiiiiine. Get sleep, have coffee or whatever, but most importantly, do not rush.
Things also go a lot smoother if you put together a simple checklist before leaving. I've seen a few newbies drive off with the stabilizer jacks down this season.

You were right. Everything was fine. I had way more fun than I though I would. 10 night and a combination of BLM land, full hookup, partial hookup and no hookup sites. I am now the master of the 5 minute hookup and disconnect. I don't even mind doing the nasty. (The sewage dump as my kids call it)

We were at Valley of Fire, Zion, Bryce and North Rim. The rental unit was a stripped down 25' from CruiseAmerica, but it was solid and everything worked. Can't wait to plan another trip.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Catatron Prime posted:

Thanks! It was a hair over three weeks... I had a bit of extra time off work banked up from last year so I just took off the whole time to try and knock out as much as possible.

It's weird, I haven't had that long of a break in over fifteen years, and I can't honestly say I missed work all that much

Now to figure out the next trip with this thing!

Regarding your dead Subaru transmission, was it one of the years that was covered by the stealth addition of 40k miles to the warranty, bringing the warranty period to 100k miles? We were notified by a single letter that looked like junk mail. Might be worth checking out if you were between 60k and 100k when it transmitted its last.