Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Directing this your way with the Bean but really its a question to anyone - I'm about to start my own Teardrop build, I wasn't planning on a heater though. Does anyone have any experience with those 12v electric blankets? They don't throw a whole lot of wattage but with a couple people in a very small insulated box, I'm wondering if they are enough to make a comfortable difference for at least late fall type camping. I figure I could always do a diesel heater retrofit if it becomes a real issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Catatron Prime posted:

RV related question... anyone have recommendations to prevent condensation/moisture accumulation under the mattress? I was looking at something like this, but curious if there's anything else I should look at before hitting the buy button.

I don't have any better suggestions, but thanks for that link. Once I finish up my teardrop, I was planning on storing it with a few pool noodles stuck under the mattress to allow some airflow. Wouldn't help during a long trip like yours though, might have to look into that.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

This is a great review, I'm going to have to hit you up for some recommended locations someday too.

Has anyone used this stuff, https://den-dry.com/products/ravenwolf-marine-den-dry-mattress-underlay-queen

as a mattress ventilator for avoiding moisture/mold/other dampness horrors? Is it slippery or noisy at all? My mattress is going to be penned in on 3 sides so the only air slot is really at the foot of the bed. Plus it's on top of a pretty slick surface so if this causes the bed to slide around it's probably not right for my case.