Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I did a thing today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is our first fifth wheel, we previously owned bumper pulls. This tows so much nicer, I wish we would have changed years ago. The auto leveling and power jacks are so great to have.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

thatguy posted:

I drive a dually and I was just going to get a bumper pull, you really think it's worth taking up the bed? Tundra's a lot lighter than my 1-ton but I'm not really set on anything. I tow something 5k-10k routinely with no real issues

We would sometimes put bikes and stuff in the bed of the truck but it's really a much better experience towing a fifth wheel. My daughter said it was like the trailer was not even there.

Suspect Bucket posted:

A super nice thing buddy! Powered leveling jacks are indeed amazing, no more screwing around with blocks of wood. What's the interior layout?

This is he manufacturer page: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2020/fifth-wheel/reflection-150-series/floorplans/260rd

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Our first camping trip was our in-laws' soft side pop-up. I didn't really care for it, but to each their own. If I was going to buy one, I would get one of the hard side ones.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Going camping this weekend for the first time in our new rig, cannot wait. 260RD maiden voyage :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Six pages of RV thread and no mentions of the "just add 'anal' in front of the camper name" joke. I'm disappointed.

Anyhow, my wife and I are slowly pecking away at our 12' Jayco popup, and we took it and the kid and dogs up to the Medicine Bows last weekend. Can confirm that a Mr. Buddy heater keeps things warm enough that a toddler will mostly sleep through the night. It got below freezing one night but I'm not sure by how much. The mounts on the outside for the stove and table are really useful, because it gets mighty tight inside when you start spreading food and stuff out and trying to cook.

This is a 1996 model, and the PO's fixes through time are pretty poo poo. The original fit and finish of budget pop up campers is not great to begin with, though. lovely hardware, everything held together with cheese head sheet metal screws or staples, hasty cuts on material, etc. I'm not disappointed, and we were looking for a project when we got this thing last year anyway. My wife is doing all the upholstery and interior repainting while I handle replacing countertops, linoleum, hardware throughout, and rebuilding the roof. I've already replaced all the water lines and door hardware, a bed, and put the biggest wheels on it that would fit in the wheel well and not hit the wells under full suspension compression.

Watch out for that little bear ravaging your supplies :)

Suspect Bucket posted:

Interior shots, both of you. Wanna see that laaayyyoouutttt

Here's a thumbnail from the manufacturer, click for big.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

I do like a back dinette. Can you get to the bathroom without opening the slide?

thingsIwishIhadthoughtaboutbeforebuyingit.txt Nope.

No regrets tho, the maiden voyage was awesome and we have no complaints at all. Great rig.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

My mom just bought a trailer for trips (not to live in!). What are some good gifts for a new trailer owner? I bought a small handheld vacuum and a bluetooth speaker. She's close to 70 and not a hiker or anything like that.

Folding chairs
Totes to store stuff
BBQ tools
Cookware for campfire
Canopy for the picnic table
Lantern/flashlights

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

French Canadian posted:

Grand Designs 5th wheels are the poo poo, at the very least.

Can confirm

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I am 'working' from a KOA on the coast with excellent WiFi, drinking coffee looking out at the forest setting. I love this new remote model and will try like hell to never go back to an office ever again.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Here's a question for state parks:

I went to a WA state park and their black tank flushing water wasn't a typical threaded hose. Instead it was a graduated nozzle with a squeeze trigger. It almost looked like an air hose.

What kind of interconnect will I need to interface with this kind of hookup in the future?

Sorry I don't have a picture.

I hate that. I have an extra short hose - the poop hose - that I throw on my black water intake and rubber gloves I wear, then I try to get the nozzle into the poop hose and hope like hell to not get any on me.

e: going to Mossyrock next month and I cannot wait, gorgeous camp.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

The fucker weighs 47 lbs.

Granted it's a convection oven too but I just don't see myself using it for camp cooking ever.

We almost never use ours, but when we are huddled down because of the PNW rain it is nice to be able to nuke popcorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

That's super cool! Nice work.