Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
My dad picked up a Bluebird Wanderlodge a little while back and it needs some updates. Top of the list is it needs a good backup camera with a separate monitor, ideally one that can take multiple inputs. I can't tell the cheap junk from ride good stuff, what should I look for/at for a good system with good resolution and low light performance?

I can dig up more photos later if anyone's interested, it's kinda neat inside. Imagine the set designers from Scarface and Carlito's Way designed an RV interior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Rear engine Detroit of some kind, the only pictures I have are inside the barn it barely fits in so I can't make out any info on the engine tags. I need to figure out the backup camera and satellite dish controller before Dad goes into hibernation this winter.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Only decent picture of the engine I have

Awesome diamond plate roof, need a way to get the canoe on and off easily.

Built in 12v blender, it also has a wet bar right by the driver's seat.

It has phones everywhere, for doing your business.

Generator comes out for service via linear actuator

Instrument console, not pictured are the additional controls and gauges overhead. There's a similar control panel above the bed.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
It spent a month right before I took those pictures at a diesel mechanic who went through the whole chassis part of it. Needs a few things but nothing significant besides repairing a hydraulic jack in the leveling system.

It's a 6V91

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

VideoGameVet posted:

I'd like to see a comparison of range with the F150 Lightning Pickup and an Airstream vs. other trailer.

It's got to be better but I really want to know how much better.

Bloody posted:

It’s still an excellent truck for the jobsite and around town, which seems to pretty clearly be their target right now. Which makes sense! 70% of pickups on the road have literally never towed anything at all.

There's so much idling done on construction sites just to keep warm or cool and to have somewhere to plug in your laptop. The utility of it ends at moving people and materials currently. For recreational purposes I don't see one being useful for much other than tent camping with current battery tech.