Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm looking to sell my parent's RV. Having literally never sold a car before, where so I even begin for something like this? If I use Craigs List, how do I actually go about making sure everything is kosher before handing over keys? Do I let people test drive? Halp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Thanks all. Some details are as follows:

1998 Allegro Bus - Diesel
37.5'
Side Entrance
One slide out
80,000 miles
Tow & Brake package (including brake lights) to tow a car behind.

We've removed all of my parents' junk from it. We still need to deep clean the inside. There are no roof leaks. Tires and engine are in good shape. There is an issue with the Accessories electrical. My dad thinks it's either dead batteries or he has to look at behind the dash (maybe a mouse chewed a wire or something.) It also has newer TVs, with custom mounts that he made (he's a woodworker.) Oh, and also the side mirror was busted off while in storage. So he's ordered a new one, he says it just bolts on np. And it needed a new alternator from sitting in storage for 2 years, but that's fixed. Runs great now, he drove it about 50 miles to my house. (With no mirror. Because dad.)

When I plugged this information into NADA, it showed me it was worth about $21500, not including the tow package (no place to include that.) The tow package was like $2-3k, so I'm really hoping to just sell this for $20k flat and walk away from it.

My wife wants to give it to a dealership to sell it on consignment. Is this a good/bad idea?

(Also I'm north of Boston if any of you goons actually, like, want to buy it.)