Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.
I’ve for a little camper trailer coming - Happier Camper Traveler. I’ve towed things in the past and comfortable, generally, with how to do so.

Curious on the thread’s opinions about navigation apps/devices. Seems for devices, garmin is about the only game. But reviews on it seem mixed at best.

I’ve read some notes on Copilot and Sygic as well and those are also mixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Nice - ya were excited about it. We got the Traveler tricked out since they had a big sale at the end of last year. Ready to boondock and all.

Re: nav - ya that was my thinking. I was just gonna try Apple Maps and Google Maps before worrying too much. Trailer is only 17ft long and 8.3ft tall so not crazy at all.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Recognizing this is an RV thread, but if you have the land, seriously consider a Yurt. There’s some pretty affordable kits for them from places like REI. Aside from obscenely bad weather, they’re very durable and easy to heat/cool. Their cost will be similar to a cheap RV and it’ll be a better structure.

For example: https://coloradoyurt.com/yurt-kits/

Starts at $11k. As long as you don’t buy from some company specializing in selling “glamping” kits to aspiring airbnb owners, pricing should be reasonable.