Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I thought I would share something I built for boondock camping a couple of years ago. I do a lot of desert camping and my trailer holds under 30 gallons of fresh water. When doing several night camps, it's pretty tough to keep on water budget with my wife and I and usually a friend or two that goes out.

My trailer is a newer type that doesn't have a gravity feed for fresh water so it's gotta be pumped in under pressure. I bought a 30 gallon RV fresh water tank from Amazon and a 12VDC water pump that's basically the same type that is inside of the trailer for its water pressure. I wired up the water pump to a 7pin tow power connector to plug into the back of my truck. Very simple and works awesome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I haven't seen anything like this that came up for sale locally. Niche market but I could see this being cool for dunes camping people and such.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Nothing like a good breakfast of eggs, sausage, and Warsteiner! My wife and I got one last trip in to Dead Horse Ranch State Park in AZ before the summer. Probably going to move to the area once I retire in 5 years. It's so nice there. Mainly posting this because I've been through like a dozen different grills over the MANY years of tent and camper trailer camping and this Blackstone I bought last January is incredible. It can do drat near anything. I have it hooked up to the quick disconnect of the house propane line but it will also do the little bottles or adapter to large tanks.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Ours is this little guy but plenty big for a meal for 4 people easy. It's just my wife and I most of the time and sometimes some friends come along and I rarely have the thing loaded up. https://blackstoneproducts.com/products/17griddle-hood-stand

It has a telescoping leg base to be stand alone. I just have it folded up sitting on a table in that pic. I bought a swing out mount for the back bumper of the trailer to mount the grill on for future trips. It heats very evenly I think and I love squirting water on the hot griddle while it's cooking to keep things moist and make all the neighbor campers hear and smell the awesomeness. The hood is a must for even heating and maximum sizzle factor when splashing water around the food IMO.

The upper part with the hood separates from the burner lower part for easier transport and you can also separate the legs from the bottom like I am now for using it with the swing out grill mount for the back bumper of the camper.