Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Hello thread - just put a downpayment in on a cascadecampers.com van. Now I just need to buy an actual van, get it insured first as a van then as an RV, and drive out to California to get it converted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
It happened. Still a few weeks before I try and live out of it full time but very excited.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Just finished a month living/working/vacationing throughout Baja California, Mexico. Highly recommend it!

DJI_0118 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

DJI_0097 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

2023-02-10 13.14.00 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

VideoGameVet posted:

That’s the small Dodge Van conversion? I heard it doesn’t have a bathroom, so did you add one?

Ram Promaster City conversion by Cascade Campers. And I’ve got a portable toilet and shower that collapse.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

Which ones did you get? I'm looking at some for my truck.

https://www.amazon.com/TripTips-Portable-Camping-Plastic-Washable/dp/B088687CJ8/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=triptips&qid=1678078434&sr=8-8

https://www.rei.com/product/758045/sea-to-summit-pocket-shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

Trauts posted:

What's the best way to secure a RV against wind? Tie downs? Where should I anchor them? And with what? Have a 2004 Keystone Montana Mountaineer which hopefully will not need to move. Don't have much shelter from the wind in my current spot and it makes me nervous

Point the front towards the direction of the wind? Beyond this I’ve never seen anything like what you’re talking about. I’ve had neighbors up and move as the winds come in.